NHL Playoffs 2015

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

Re: NHL Playoffs 2015

Postby kham » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:21 pm

Tonight's matchups:

NY Islanders @ Washington
Ottawa @ Montreal
Chicago @ Nashville
Calgary @ Vancouver

Green Heart

Postby Green Heart » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:16 am

Game #2 was really really good.

Senators actually came to play, no head hunting or anything.

Big 2-0 Series lead now, Pacioretty made an instant impact with his return.

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:07 pm

Much better as a game, Montreal 3-2 in OT; only thing you could say is the officiating was a little inconsistent

Washington bounces back and wins 4-3 to even their series. Lot more energy this game, especially from Ovechkin

Vancouver 4-1 over Calgary, a solid win to also even their series, although things were getting a little chippy towards the end, likely sending messages for game 3

And, Nashville shows some sand, with a solid 6-2 victory after that terrible loss in game one. I was worried that they could easily just fold up, but nuh-uh. Nice work boys

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:09 pm

Saturday's Games:

Detroit @ Tampa Bay
Minnesota @ St Louis
Pittsburgh @ NY Rangers
Winnipeg @ Anaheim

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:36 am

Afternoon games ....(fuck, I HATE the NHL and these retard Saturday/Sunday barely awake games.....)

Tampa Bay beats up on the Wings, with a 5-1 victory; Tampa now tied in series

St Louis also evens their series with a 4-1 win over Minnesota; was 3-1 but Tarasenko added an empty-netter for his first career playoff hat trick

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Pittsburgh finally scores some, to edge NYR 4-3 and even their series; 2 goals from Crosby; some nasty cheap shots, including a blow to the head of Crosby while he was going off. Unworthy behavior by a team that finishing first, should have more class

Anaheim scores late, another 2-1 heartbreaker for the Jets, as they head to Winnipeg trailing 2-0 in the series. Generally been a good series so far, very close

Green Heart

Postby Green Heart » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:19 am

Dale Weiss scores both goals for montreal in another thrilling OT Victory.

Man hes all Heart, always was Vancouver was crazy to trade him away.

3-0 up on Ottawa now, its all but over.

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:36 am

Been out of commission a couple days.. :P

Looks like the Jets, are toast; after losing last night, that just about does them in. You can count accurately on the fingers of one hand the number of teams who come back from down 3-0. Likewise Ottawa.

Tonight, The Red Wings go ahead 2-1 in their series, posting a 3-0 shutout in their game over Tampa. Wash and the Island are in OT, and other games just getting underway. Stay tuned

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:46 am

As predicted, Anaheim advances, but the Jets, unbowed will be back. And salute to their fans, they cheered right to the end, and beyond. You would be hard pressed to find better ones. Pitt is on the bubble, they go tomorrow night in do-or-die. Tonight, Tampa looked like they heading for down 3-1. A funny thing happened on the way. They came roaring back in the 3rd, tied the game, and won in OT. Series tied. But that sort of tipping point can be funny in hockey. Nashville shows some sand, not going quietly either in facing elimination, they defeat the Hawks 5-2 to force game 5. Washington evens their series with the Island, and Vancouver avoids elimination to force Game 5 Saturday in Calgary. Fine with me, I want the Sea of Red to be the last thing they see :twisted:

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:02 pm

My wife scored some tickets at the last minute so I was present for the Predators victory over the Blackhawks last night. That makes a record three games I have attended this season and even though my total knowledge of hockey is now much higher than before I can still only ascribe victory to the shirt I was wearing. Exciting contest. We will be cheering them on in Chicago courtesy of NBC.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Return to “Off Topic”