Gamers Unite!

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
spunkee311

Gamers Unite!

Postby spunkee311 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:24 am

Figured instead of writing individual threads about each game or system. We can just all chat about it in one long thread.

Anyways, if anybody owns a PS3. I highly (very highly) recommend Uncharted 2. Possibly one of the best games for that system.

Kookus

Re: Gamers Unite!

Postby Kookus » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:29 am

spunkee311 wrote: Possibly one of the best only games for that system.

Fixed. XBox360 FTW, but PC > all.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:23 am

Kookus wrote:
spunkee311 wrote: Possibly one of the best only games for that system.

Fixed. XBox360 FTW, but PC > all.

Resistance, Resistance 2, Motorstorm, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Uncharted, Metal Gear SOlid 4, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Infamous.

Nah but in all seriousness I do play my 360 more lol. (although I have gotten the red rings 4x)

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:55 am

My Xbox 360 has hurt my productivity a lot. I was swept up by Street Fighter 4 launch fever and bought an expensive arcade stick which I don't regret. The online play is pretty solid (though I'm no pro).

I would like to get a Playstation 3 for all the reasons you mentioned though. PS3 is finally looking very competitive which I think is great. I'm still enjoying a few of the last-gen PS2 games.

Most anticipated games right now are probably Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy 13.
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

AyaneMatrix

Postby AyaneMatrix » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:26 am

I think I mentioned before that I had Killzone 2, but I also have Soul Calibur 4, Resistance: Fall of Man, Metal Gear 4, Grand Theft Audo (still not opened, yargh! :? ), Motorstorm, Dead Space, Virtua Fighter, Orange Box (but only really play Portal from the set), Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and another game which name escapes me for the moment. I really, REALLY wish I had Street Fighter 4 so I can play against people when my brother can't make it over, but I can't afford to buy much of anything lately. :? And, I'm not all that interested in the 360 since Halo appears to be the only thing I like on that system and I can always play it at my brother's house when I visit. :lol:

I'm also playing in the MAG beta, but as it so happens, I think I'm not into fps games much anymore and can't seem to get into the game. That and it takes pretty much one bullet to get yourself killed in a heartbeat, along with not always being paired up with people that have mics. Oy... :|

AND I WANT UNCHARTED 2!!! :o The online beta/demo was great while it lasted.

tempman

Postby tempman » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:25 pm

I have all the consoles (developer) but i prefer handhelds at the end of the day. I have all the big Xbox and PS3 games but I'm too picky when it comes to them, I've never finished a game on them because they all lack a certain something that the previous console generations had.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Kookus wrote:...but PC > all.

I'll give that one a hell yea. About the only downside is the cost. My rig's starting to show it's age and I'm not looking forward to shelling out the cash I'm going to need to for new hardware.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Kookus

Postby Kookus » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:57 am

Mynock wrote:I'll give that one a hell yea. About the only downside is the cost. My rig's starting to show it's age and I'm not looking forward to shelling out the cash I'm going to need to for new hardware.

Link

'nuff said...
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

spunkee311

Postby spunkee311 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:29 am

MAG looks promising. I can't believe the amount of people that will be in the game. Definitely unique. And I thought Warhawk had a lot of people back 3 years ago.
I also can't wait for God of War 3.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:10 am

Kookus wrote:Link 'nuff said...

That's awesome. I was actually looking into doing a RAID array with those SSD's (not 24 but 3 or 4 maybe).
--<edit>--
Wait....they were in RAID 0 right? Arent' they just asking for a hardware failure? You lose one drive you're SOL.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Off Topic”