Classic episodes of Unsolved Mysteries are returning!

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Palinov Jensen

Classic episodes of Unsolved Mysteries are returning!

Postby Palinov Jensen » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:35 am

http://laist.com/2016/12/16/unsolved_mysteries_amazon.php

Is anyone as excited as I am? :D

I've spent a large chunk of my life watching Unsolved Mysteries and my history with the show is kind of interesting. I remember being a little kid and having no choice but to watch it with my mom while she was combing my hair. She'd get so excited whenever she found out it was coming on and I'd get upset because it was disturbing to me, as it should be to most 7 or 8 year olds. I think it was the theme song that creeped me out the most and still does! It's a good song, but It's so darn creepy!

At 12 or 13 years old the show stopped being scary and became something I was fascinated by. One day I was watching a movie in one room, my mom watching Unsolved Mysteries in another room and I could hear the episode. If I remember correctly, it was an episode that involved a man getting struck by lightning or lighting always striking member of a particular family or some man being a magnet for lighting. Something like that. I also remember watching the Dennis Farina reboot with my sister during our freshman year of college and watching a few episodes with her on YouTube some time after the show was taken off the air.

The segments I actually remember include:

The lightning segment.

The siblings living on a school bus.

An Angel saving those school kids from a hostage/bomb situation

Explosives being placed in children's toys (that scared me as a kid!)

The kid dying on the train tracks.

A woman being tied to a bed and set on fire (I wish I didn't remember that!)

Weird substance falling out of the sky.

A house being built on an slave or Native American burial ground.

Some random UFO segment.

Some episode featuring Sylvia Browne.

I'm completely prepared to be creeped out watching Unsolved Mysteries again, but it will be totally worth it! Rescue 911 on the other hand, is something I never want to see again!

Return to “Off Topic”