Your LCS Callsign is "Grinch"

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

Your LCS Callsign is "Grinch"

Postby kham » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:39 am

H/T to CDR Sal

Lots of comments as you may expect; try and surf over the Lazarus LCS-cum gargling. I know I did

The cliff notes version is simple: these guys, were promised a 6 month deployment, home by Thanksgiving; then Christmas; now, April. Or May. But they not really sure.....

All this, THIS so the FLAG cocksucker in charge can play lets-pretend with this shitbox. And of course, the crew, gets it in the ass. Fucking SINGAPORE. That might be a nice spot for a vacation, but not when you on the other side of the planet and you have a family. At Christmas. The new guys cannot take control fast enough

nachtjaeger

Re: Your LCS Callsign is "Grinch"

Postby nachtjaeger » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:09 am

Indefinitely extended deployments? You'd think we were at war.

Could the problem be that they don't trust Coronado to make it home without an engineering casualty? Keep her safely tied up dockside in Singapore. And no budget for transport to swap the crews by air.

kham wrote:H/T to CDR Sal

Lots of comments as you may expect; try and surf over the Lazarus LCS-cum gargling. I know I did

The cliff notes version is simple: these guys, were promised a 6 month deployment, home by Thanksgiving; then Christmas; now, April. Or May. But they not really sure.....

All this, THIS so the FLAG cocksucker in charge can play lets-pretend with this shitbox. And of course, the crew, gets it in the ass. Fucking SINGAPORE. That might be a nice spot for a vacation, but not when you on the other side of the planet and you have a family. At Christmas. The new guys cannot take control fast enough
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:33 pm

You are 'deployed' on a POS with minimal on-board quarters an amenities. And which is intended to be run like an aviation unit (comes from letting airplane retards design a ship....) This isn't a deployment aboard the Nimitz. And Singapore? Sounds awesome, huh? Except for trying to stay in touch with home. Sure, it's the 21st century, and comm options are way better. But you can bet your ass, these guys dont have individual high-speed internet available for skype....

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Crew requires more training......First page of the manual should read: "Warning: Do not attempt to immerse any part of the LCS system in water". :lol:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:23 pm

That's funny :)
That, is what Sal said; basically, all the bullshit being spun, would melt the moment they put these things in and began displacing water with them :D There's an article I gotta dig up too on the DDG-1000 which details it's failings in excruciating detail. One thing I was not aware of there: the uber-deadly transformational! gun? Is incapable of engaging ship targets.... That is correct. It is only good for bombardment. And right now, it fails at THAT...
I making out my christmas booze list now....

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Forget the malfunctions, the bad design, the stupidity, etc. I just keep going back to the question "What is it for?" and getting no answer. It's really stupidly expensive, so it's not an economical way to chase pirates. It's virtually unarmored and has shit for guns, so to call it any type of "Combat" ship is hilarious. It's not stealth so you couldn't use it for sneaking around and maybe inserting SF or something.
Reassign all three of them to the artificial reef program. The long lasting aluminum will make a great fish house lol.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:10 am

You just explained in a paragraph what's wrong from day one
And the answer you would get is "But but but but.... TRANFORMATIONAL!! SPEED!! WATER-SKIING SPEED!!! EEEEEEEELEVENTYYY!!! BLEEEEEEAARRGGHH!!11!!!!..."
:roll:
They never, ever, were rational about it. Which is why you get fucksticks like Lazarus trying to justify this shit.
When they started asking shit no sailor should have - being aviation types.... that should have been the TELL to just have an adult stop everything. Hold the FUCK on. But nooooo

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:07 am

Maybe next year, Santa will bring the navy a few of these -

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-bu ... navy-19020

Look like groovy ships to me. :)
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:04 am

They have been building some lovely cutters for the Coast Guard, but the instant I saw it, before I was even near the middle of the page , I was thinking "Perry-class type" The only thing wrong with it, is it's the second verse, same as the first ;) if you catch my drift. Now, it also has what is Garlic and Crosses to the vampires at NavSea and Surface Warfare Bubbas: FRIGATE. Speak that , and they lose all human connection to reality. We never should have done away with the Perrys en masse to begin with. But that's what happens when you believe your own bullshit in the echo chamber and 5-sided wind tunnel, coupled with no adults in charge, with a dash of moronic retards who think Treknology is REAL and should be a plan for building stuff.... Nice little platform, limited AA warfare capability, probably good for ASW, limited ASuW as well. Certainly light-years ahead of the LCS aluminum target ballons. Several foreign designs are also very good. The problem is, the NAVY and the Assorted Graft-seekers will demand anything be built in America. Great idea. Only problem is finding a design thats grounded in reality. This has ALL been plotted out before . Like, when SLICK was in office. Early. But, no one listened , which was pretty fucking stupid, since the guys suggesting it were all professionals, and in uniform, and publishing for Proceedings AND USNI. Today, most of those guys are retired, dead, or run Blogs in the hope anyone is listening.
Also, one problem with this design, and it was same with the Perrys -- they can't keep up with the Battle Group. Not at flank speed, anyways. And that was a problem.

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:07 am

Awesome! Now build them out of steel thick enough to stop a .50 cal, and you've got a warship.

dlodoski wrote:Maybe next year, Santa will bring the navy a few of these -

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-bu ... navy-19020

Look like groovy ships to me. :)
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

Return to “Off Topic”