THIS SHIT AGAIN....

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Tim Kelly

Re: THIS SHIT AGAIN....

Postby Tim Kelly » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:13 pm

I blame the aliens....
"Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh! Quicksand! I'm sinking! I'll go straight to the bottom of.......GLURP!"
(a month later)
"Ugh! Yukkkh! Ptui! I'm out of it! I'm free! Not even quicksand can defeat the power of.....the Eye of Zoltec!"

Beast260

Postby Beast260 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:51 am

How i look when ever watching any of the Adverts i see for that channel on my TV...

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:30 pm

General Woundwort wrote:Ditched the television a few years ago and never looked back.

Bought a television. All it can do is free TV. I wanted the Spanish channel that's here locally on free TV.

YouTube, because you can pick and choose, turned out to be better at matching my Spanish programming to my level of comprehension.

What the TV really does now:

I used to download and print reference material for artwork. Now I download what I want to a USB stick and stick that into the TV. So, the last couple quicksand pics I uploaded here...that's how I did them.

Inkjet cartridges are ridiculously expensive so I am pretty sure the TV has now paid for itself. The antenna hasn't, though...it ended up disconnected.

Nessie

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:30 pm

I shell out the price of a new car every month on cable. Got a nice 4K television that I don't have time to watch. It's all there because the two women in the house make sure they want to see things on the premium channels that cost dearly. Years ago the History Channel and similar things were interesting because I studied that in my first run through college and had a little time. As it descended into "pop-revisionist-pseudo-drunken-bar-talk-history" I didn't feel bad about missing it. It's like visiting a renaissance festival for history lessons now. They need to learn that real history involves good looking women. That will help. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Yup.....12 months times how much per month........I'm paying WHAT to watch this shit!?!? That's where I'm at right now.
Need to put a home theater PC together and then seriously look at pulling the plug.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Between the retardo-team trying to pump out a swamp to find hidden treasure (Oak Island...) and the fucking assholes literally doing a LARP pretending they secret agents trying to find Adolph (Hunting Hitler....) I don't think there a whole lot left on the channels we used to like. Discovery Channel is pretty fucked, with probably half of their crap made-up horseshit depicting subhuman morons doing shit that is literally illegal, and the rest questionable at best. A+E? if Duck Dynasty wasn't keeping them afloat, they'd be in receivership from all the failed ideas from their crack directors. I suppose the Food Channel is hard to screw up, but give them time...

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:11 pm

A major causal factor here is very likely the huge increase in the amount of material needed to keep so many networks from having dead air. It isn't so good for anyone, in my opinion, to have five different episodes of Leave It to Beaver on five different channels at once. Its the same as dead air as far as I am concerned. If material is to be produced for 150 channels one year when there were only 20 the year before its pretty much the same thing as when a professional sports league expands from 10 teams to 50. The talent gets diluted just a bit.

On the other hand it has gotten far cheaper for individuals to make their own video, of whatever they want. Perhaps the situation will continue to evolve and something good will come of it. We can make quicksand scenes and other people can make what they want - even a re-make of My Three Sons. Just don't ask me to watch that without writing me a check at the same time!
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

nachtjaeger

Postby nachtjaeger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:18 am

I think part of the problem is that every TV network is now competing for "eyeballs" by trying to market to the widest possible audience. I guess the business model of going for a specific target audience and then courting advertisers who target that demographic didn't work out. "Please all, and you please none."

Fred is right- the shortage of content is so bad that even mediocre TV series from the '70s to the '90s are back in syndication. "Columbo", "Hunter", "Hill Street Blues" etc. Even saw an episode of "Kolchak: the Night Stalker" last night. And of course multiple networks are airing reruns of all seven Star Trek series.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:33 am

When you also consider that what passes for 'writers' these days, would be fucking washouts from a college-cable tv channel on UHF in a sane world, here we are. Just think, they are SERIOUSLY considering rebooting The Honeymooners....
Really? Tell ya what, I am gonna jot down my guesses as to what they have in mind, date it and save it. And if they every succumb to this retardation, we can compare....
It's simple: no talent, no imagination, and NO MORE fucking ideas. And to think, some massively overupholstered bitch had the audacity to say last night, that without THEM, why all us deplorables would just be watching sports! Or UFC.....
Bitch , YOU are why we HATE , Hollywood... :twisted:

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:01 am

kham wrote:..... And to think, some massively overupholstered bitch had the audacity to say last night, that without THEM, why all us deplorables would just be watching sports! Or UFC.....
Bitch , YOU are why we HATE , Hollywood... :twisted:

Considering that 99% of my TV watching consists of theatrical movies on DVD, I tend to agree with her.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Return to “Off Topic”