Big Book of Post-Apocalyptic Movies

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Palinov Jensen

Big Book of Post-Apocalyptic Movies

Postby Palinov Jensen » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:55 am

World Gone Wild: A Survivor's Guide to Post-Apocalyptic Movies is a fantastic book and I can't recommend it enough! There may or may not be a few people here who appreciate these type of movies and in case there's someone who does, I felt the need to share what is perhaps the best, if not only, guide book on post-apocalyptic movies!

The book is hard cover, built like a high school or college text book, and has about 430 pages. The the standard 1 to 5 ratings scale is replaced with Toxic, Go at your own risk, Gold for some Useless for others, Safe Zone, and The Bomb with Toxic being the worst and The Bomb being the best. Every Post-Apocalyptic movie you can imagine is reviewed in World Gone Wild. From the Mad Max and Terminator movies to more obscure movies such as 1990:Bronx Warriors and Fist of Steel (aka Eternal Fist and Death Zone: Blood for Blood). Actually, the first movie I looked up when I got the book the other day was Fist of Steel. I thought to myself, "there's no way Fist of Steel is in here!" Imagine my surprise when I found it there with a favorable rating and an interview with Dale "Apollo" Cook too!

Cover.JPG

Rating System.JPG

Fist of Steel.JPG

The one thing that turned me into a giddy school girl was the three and a half pages dedicated to the movie 2019:After the Fall of New York complete with lobby card images and an interview with the director, Sergio Martino. I had absolutely no idea those things would be there before I bought the book and I was over the moon with excitement when I saw them there!

2019A.JPG

2019B.JPG

Anyway, I highly recommend this book to both movie fans and those who love post-apocalyptic movies. I think it's worth the asking price on ebay and Amazon, but if you can find it for $10-$12 like I did, it's more than worth it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Big Book of Post-Apocalyptic Movies

Postby PM2K » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:27 pm

Looks awesome! :D I may have to add it to my library.

Return to “Off Topic”