Snowbound

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
nachtjaeger

Snowbound

Postby nachtjaeger » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Snowed in up here on the hill. Tractor and snowblower are down for the count, so it's the mark 1 mod 0 shovel. Just had a foot of the stuff last week, now we're getting that and more, with wind behind it to make drifts. My neighbor who could help me out just took a job with a plowing contractor, and he's been working twelve hour shifts. Going to try to find somebody who can plow out at least the top end so I can get out to work Monday. Not holding out much hope, though. Had a scary few minutes where the power flickered, but so far so good.
This space for rent- advertise your product or service here!

kham
Always Remembered

Re: Snowbound

Postby kham » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:26 am

When it's that bad, you just have to say fuckit and have a self-declared snow day :P
The Weather Channel hasn't be covering themselves in glory this weekend, what with their flurry last couple days having about 30cm of snow to get off the truck. Maybe they should just read the fucking reports, and stop dreaming about stuff and storm-chasing shit :twisted:

break out the soup, and a couple cold ones :)

Return to “Off Topic”