Comic book fans/trading card collectors, I need a little help.

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Palinov Jensen

Comic book fans/trading card collectors, I need a little help.

Postby Palinov Jensen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:22 am

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what trading card set these cards are from or at least who the comic book characters are or the name of the comic so I can find the card set on my own. I've been trying to figure it out myself for years, but having only an image to go off of doesn't help. I would love to someday add these cards to my collection. They're beautiful!

Here is a photo of the cards. Yes, this is a screen shot of a YouTube video. lol! http://imgur.com/a/wZYCt

Additional information: The small logo in the corner of the two cards is a half white/half black skull. I didn't see the word "Wizard" listed anywhere, so I doubt they are Wizard magazine promo cards, although I could be wrong. I don't have my card binder at the moment, so I can't confirm or deny if all or most Wizard magazine promo cards have "Wizard" on them. The trading card set, more likely than not is from the early to mid 1990's.

Palinov Jensen

Re: Comic book fans/trading card collectors, I need a little help.

Postby Palinov Jensen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:55 am

Okay, so after posting this same question in two different subreddits, I finally got an answer. For those who are wondering, the cards are D2 Battlestone and D1 Magnus (I'm a fan of Magnus Robot Fighter, but didn't recognize him in street clothes!) chase cards from the Deathmate trading card set. Those cards are rare, 1 in every 90 packs. While Deathmate trading card boxes are cheap, finding those chase cards and buying them individually is not. I found two ebay listings for the Magnus card and one Amazon listing for the Battlestone card. The Battlestone card was $8 shipped!

Well, at least I have an answer!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Magnus Robot Fighter! I'm a big fan of this overlooked comic book character. Been a fan since his Gold Key reprint days and that great Valiant relaunch in the early 90s. Nice to hear others are as well. :D

Palinov Jensen

Postby Palinov Jensen » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:11 pm

PM2K wrote:Magnus Robot Fighter! I'm a big fan of this overlooked comic book character. Been a fan since his Gold Key reprint days and that great Valiant relaunch in the early 90s. Nice to hear others are as well. :D

I became a fan of Magnus Robot Fighter after reading a random, destroyed issue of Magnus Robot Fighter vs Predator that was used as packing material for other comics I bought at the time. I'm only familiar with the Valiant relaunch and have only a small amount of Magnus comics, but I think he's pretty cool! :D

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:44 am

Palinov Jensen wrote:
PM2K wrote:Magnus Robot Fighter! I'm a big fan of this overlooked comic book character. Been a fan since his Gold Key reprint days and that great Valiant relaunch in the early 90s. Nice to hear others are as well. :D

I became a fan of Magnus Robot Fighter after reading a random, destroyed issue of Magnus Robot Fighter vs Predator that was used as packing material for other comics I bought at the time. I'm only familiar with the Valiant relaunch and have only a small amount of Magnus comics, but I think he's pretty cool! :D

Do yourself a favor and track down the series. It should be easy to find as the original was reprinted a lot.

Here's a link to the Valiant reboot, uploaded online.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Magnus- ... ghter-1991

Palinov Jensen

Postby Palinov Jensen » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:32 am

PM2K wrote:
Do yourself a favor and track down the series. It should be easy to find as the original was reprinted a lot.

Thank You!! :D :D

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:46 am

Palinov Jensen wrote:
PM2K wrote:

Thank You!! :D :D

You're welcome! :D

Palinov Jensen

Postby Palinov Jensen » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:06 pm

Got'em! :D They were by no means cheap, but it was worth it! The Battlestone card came in a lot with 7 other cards for $7 shipped. The Magnus card was $5.50 shipped or something close to that and it has a little edge wear. I'm trying not to let it bother me. I know spending that kind of money on trading cards is a bit ridiculous to some people, but those cards have been on my wish list for years. They are something I never thought I'd own.

DSC02838.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Off Topic”