THIS is a BIG Fucking Deal

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

THIS is a BIG Fucking Deal

Postby kham » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:52 pm

The IPs REVOLT over at CDR Sal's

Yeah, it's a BFD; and as Sal points out, Naval Aviators, particularly IPs , are not exactly drama queens making shit up unless its at the club drinking and telling almost-killed stories. THIS shit is deadly dangerous. And the point that needs NavAir's face bashed off the flight deck until they get it, is the OBOGS is causing problems in not just the T-45s but the F-18s. You only HAVE -18s now.... So to avoid going too fast, that means potentially every single strike aircraft in the Navy and the Corps could be a deathtrap.

These, are NOT happy campers taking it laying down...

jopao2.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mynock

Re: THIS is a BIG Fucking Deal

Postby Mynock » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:14 pm

"Hey this thing malfunctions and makes us not breath."
"Hmmm.....send us some air samples."

Yup....my tax dollars at work. :roll:
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Remember, this has been going on a while now; the OBOGS was to replace LOX . Now I haven't the slightest clue what the relative costs and merits are, but one thing I DO KNOW: BEFORE the OBOGS system, the incidence of Hypoxia, or whatever fucking LIEWORDSPEAK the cocksuckers in NavAir are using, was way lower - to the point of it rarely happening. AFTER, well, you have problems. Now, I might be stupid, but there would seem to be some correlation between the events. Plus , as the guys say; this has been going on for YEARS. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PISSING AROUND FOR??

Remember, the F-22 had an issue in the last couple of years with it's system as well. That was supposedly corrected. Are you telling me that the NAVY is either too stupid, or too asshole, to take some advice or ideas from the AIR FORCE? Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked, if that was the case. But for god's sakes.....

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:13 pm

From some defence sources, as of posting 0100 today, NavAir has apparently reversed themselves and grounded the T-45s
That must have been some fucking meeting. The bit about "almost run out of the building" probably more accurate than they want to admit

Return to “Off Topic”