Asus Chromebox?

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Asus Chromebox?

Postby Mynock » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:38 pm

https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/ ... ebox_CN62/
Anybody have experience with these? Looking to mainly use it for a home entertainment PC, web browsing, YouTube, Netflix, etc. Price point is super attractive at $170ish.
Also thinking of throwing it in my luggage with some peripherals and having my own portable desktop setup instead of just a tablet when traveling, connect it to the hotel flat screen and WiFi and away it should go.
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

Chimerix

Re: Asus Chromebox?

Postby Chimerix » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:23 pm

While I've not used a ChromeBox, I am a HUGE fan of ChromeBooks. So long as you realize what a Chrome device is, and what it is not, I think you'll be quite happy.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:55 am

That seems to be the issue with every negative review I see. All I want to do is check my mail, watch youtube and stream some movies, so looks like I'm good to go.
--Sun Tzu

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:02 am

Althougbh, were you to get a ChromeBook instead, many of them have outputs. You could still connect to the hotel room TV, but not need to pack peripherals.

Anyway, Chrome devices rock! We haven't traveled with a "real" computer in years.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:33 am

I refuse to upgrade to Windows 8 or 10. When they try to kill Win 7 I think you're going to see a "Big Boy" version of Chrome OS eat Microsoft's lunch. Most people (including myself) just don't need all the crap crammed into the average copy of Windows.
--Sun Tzu

Return to “Off Topic”