Fullbore USS St Paul

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
Mynock

Re: Fullbore USS St Paul

Postby Mynock » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:32 am

I think laser systems for the near future are going to prove invaluable as anti-missile systems. Ammunition that moves at the speed of light is an awesome thing when you have to hit a fast moving target but they don't have the range or damage potential yet to take on anything bigger than a Iranian patrol boat.
You really want to punch a hole in something, a steel football moving at mach 6 is your choice. Fire lasers at that little fucker all you want, that bus ain't slowing down. :D

<edit>
Just realized I had the total wrong link in my previous post lol......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj1b8wh2Ul4
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

acanais45

Re: Fullbore USS St Paul

Postby acanais45 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:02 am

kham wrote:They'd be line-of-sight only though. No bursting charges, but I imagine the KE would be substantial. You won't see it mutuelles Entreprise. They really haven't thought that whole railgun thing through. It's another of the transformational!! toys that sound cool, but have limits as actual weapons systems. The high-energy laser system would actually be better

Maybe these toys have limits but it's still supet to play with, you do not find.

Return to “Off Topic”