2017 NHL Playoffs

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby kham » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:17 am

Boston loses in OT 3-2 and Ottawa wins the series 4-2

One common thread so far for a whole lot of these teams, is oh, teh goaltending is awesome! -- yeah -- just don't have anyone who fucking knows how to score goals. You might look into that, mmm??

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:27 pm

Leafs lose 2-1 in OT and Washington takes series 4-2

Price interview
Saying all the right things, but not everyone is , or at least being a bit vague about future plans. And lets be real, all you Montreal fans: as a player you have a limited number of years in the game at the level to compete and win a cup. WASTING year after year, when the team you playing for does nothing to change the status quo -- which has proven to FAIL -- is a literal waste of time

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:17 am

ROUND TWO

East
NY Rangers at Ottawa
Pittsburgh at Washington

both get underway on Thursday

West
Nashville at St Louis
Edmonton at Anaheim
these start on Wednesday

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:08 am

Nashville/St Louis getting going shortly

Just a POA, Preds? I'm Canadian, and I played the game, but not all the audience might like the F-bombs in the corridor while getting pumped to go on the ice. Just sayin' :D

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:38 am

Nashville takes game one, 4-3
Subban? Tone it fucking down a tad ; that bullshit, is precisely why people hate your ass, and you aren't as good a player as you could be. Getting the points and play is good. But the really good players don't need to show their ass

And Edmonton prevails in a wild third period 5-3. Anaheim, you better have more that 'we so tough' bullshit in your toolbox, and fucking rat dirty tricks. You wont have homer zebras all the time, and you still fucking lost. And you didn't scare the Oilers One FUCKING bit

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Fiala (Nashville) is out for the rest of the playoffs from that nasty spill he took into the end boards; broken left leg. Thought it was something like that from the way went in. Why do they keep letting guys get away with this stuff? Yeah ,ok, it wasn't deliberate, but that's not the point . Just fucking stop doing it. The next time, it might be YOU

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:00 am

Very proud of the team's performance thus far. Not likely to get any playoff tickets this time though. Everything is on hold tonight with the start of the NFL draft.

Regarding "F-bombs" and similar behavior, it's not very popular here. I will say that most of the hockey fans, although it's a shrinking proportion, are foreigners from places like Michigan and other distant lands. We're actually pretty tolerant here as long as you don't try to change too much. :mrgreen:
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:45 am

I have no idea if you had the feed there Dunc, I don't know who was even providing the cams; from POV here it was Sportsnet East, and likely a mobile unit in the corridor. I'm sure it was just the adrenaline and excitement to be in Round Two. But this is the 21st Century, and everyone has a smartphone or some gadget, so have a clue, boys :D
It's part of the game. Even Crosby does it, just not terribly family-friendly. I won't detail what sailor-talk is like :mrgreen:

The game I'd rather watch tonight has NBC pretending to speak and know what the Frak they talking about... :twisted: Ah well, mute maybe, or subtitles...

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:26 am

BONINO BONINO BONINO
:mrgreen:

All the talk earlier in week and some they used segue-ing in from Edmonton, with Connor McDavid not doing a whole lot yet, well, Crosby hasn't really done... :twisted:
2 Goals tonight from the Kid. Both beauties. Ovechkin, not bad either with one. Tie game into 3rd, but Bonino sprung again on breakaway from Cole, so someone got to do their little Bonino thing :D
They always hype these series' with Crosby v Ovechkin, how Ovie is more of a goal scorer, etc etc...
Yeah
And Anakin was 'better' than the other guy
Obi -Wan has always kicked your ass, sonny :twisted:
3-2 final, Game One goes to the Penguins over Washington

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:59 am

Ottawa takes Game One 2-1 over the Rangers, with a douchebag-lucky-riccochet goal off a NY defender. The way the asswipes on the panel talking, you think it was something Cros did. Give me a frakking break. This one couldn't be more cheese-luck than if you hit the guy in the helmet to go in

**That HAS happened, BTW.... :P

Return to “Off Topic”