2017 NHL Playoffs

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
kham
Always Remembered

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby kham » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:16 am

Nashville wins again
4-1
This Series is TIED
The air gets pretty fucking THIN now, boys
Halfway to the peak of Mount Olympus. This is where men, become GODS :twisted:

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:47 am

If, and I realize it's a substantial "if", we win in Pittsburgh, the crazy will reach most way to Heaven on Sunday night. The major music festival of the year begins here that night too. Downtown is going to be epic off the charts.

And my woman and I will be right in the middle of it. :)
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:48 am

Be careful. With all the alcohol likely to be consumed, things like that can erupt pretty quickly.

Duncan Edwards wrote:If, and I realize it's a substantial "if", we win in Pittsburgh, the crazy will reach most way to Heaven on Sunday night. The major music festival of the year begins here that night too. Downtown is going to be epic off the charts.

Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Fred588 wrote:Be careful. With all the alcohol likely to be consumed, things like that can erupt pretty quickly.

Duncan Edwards wrote:If, and I realize it's a substantial "if", we win in Pittsburgh, the crazy will reach most way to Heaven on Sunday night. The major music festival of the year begins here that night too. Downtown is going to be epic off the charts.

Fortunately the arena is located in an area that is door to door with honky-tonks and taverns. Anchored on the corner by Tootsie's Orchid Lounge which, despite it's modest appearance, seems able to hold about 38,000 people at once on busy days and was here before Native Americans arrived. Drinking is not permitted outside and everyone has a convenient spot to fall down.

tootsies.jpg

Things have changed a lot over the decades but Nashville is still Nashville. Sort of. An indication of which might be that in a crowd of 50,000 revelers on Sunday night there were six arrests for punk in drublic. That equals the number of arrests for attempting to sell counterfeit tickets and they were all foreigners from New York and such places. They should know that nobody here is going to trust a damnyankee to make a deal no matter how drunk they are.

The ever-vigilant MNPD did make some changes last night when it was realized that there were three times as many people outside the arena blocking the exits as were inside. The downtown amphitheater was opened and several thousand made their way in there. It was much more orderly last night. Everyone is kind of aware of their surroundings if you know what I mean after the evil in London. My biggest fear is that any incident would turn lower Broadway into the largest shooting gallery since Beirut. The CMT Musicfest, always a big draw, is scheduled for the same area at the same time as game 6. That might turn into a crises as hooch runs low. The city fathers are contemplating a pipeline from Lynchburg.

In all seriousness it is an area I have known well since my youth and you know I will be one of as many as five completely sober people there. Should be great fun. Great practice for our next SuperBowl party in a couple of years.

Can you get enough Jack Daniels in the Stanley Cup for 100,000 people to have a taste?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Duncan Edwards wrote:
Fred588 wrote:Be careful. With all the alcohol likely to be consumed, things like that can erupt pretty quickly.

Fortunately the arena is located in an area that is door to door with honky-tonks and taverns. Anchored on the corner by Tootsie's Orchid Lounge which, despite it's modest appearance, seems able to hold about 38,000 people at once on busy days and was here before Native Americans arrived. Drinking is not permitted outside and everyone has a convenient spot to fall down.

tootsies.jpg

Things have changed a lot over the decades but Nashville is still Nashville. Sort of. An indication of which might be that in a crowd of 50,000 revelers on Sunday night there were six arrests for punk in drublic. That equals the number of arrests for attempting to sell counterfeit tickets and they were all foreigners from New York and such places. They should know that nobody here is going to trust a damnyankee to make a deal no matter how drunk they are.

The ever-vigilant MNPD did make some changes last night when it was realized that there were three times as many people outside the arena blocking the exits as were inside. The downtown amphitheater was opened and several thousand made their way in there. It was much more orderly last night. Everyone is kind of aware of their surroundings if you know what I mean after the evil in London. My biggest fear is that any incident would turn lower Broadway into the largest shooting gallery since Beirut. The CMT Musicfest, always a big draw, is scheduled for the same area at the same time as game 6. That might turn into a crises as hooch runs low. The city fathers are contemplating a pipeline from Lynchburg.

In all seriousness it is an area I have known well since my youth and you know I will be one of as many as five completely sober people there. Should be great fun. Great practice for our next SuperBowl party in a couple of years.

Can you get enough Jack Daniels in the Stanley Cup for 100,000 people to have a taste?

Based on what has happened in other cities with similar events, the biggest risk could come from a negative outcome to your city attributable to an apparently bad referee call. A few drunks might then try to express their anger with violence. It doesn't take many. A second risk could come following a win, especially a win of the Cup itself. After 99.999 percent of the crowd starts a wild celebration a few morons might decide to take advantage of the chaos by looting.
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Stop trying to suck the fun out of things

And, the cup could probably hold a lot of Jack, It has been used in a lot of venues, usually for being filled with champagne. So JD would not be that far beyond the pale. It's exploits are probably recorded on a site someplace, some of them fairly hairy :D

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:53 pm

kham
Always Remembered

Postby kham » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:12 am

Well, it's over
Pitt wins
With a chitzy goal complete with goaltender interference not called
I will not congratulate them
That alone, whould tell the depths of emnity I have for these assholes