RIP Michael Mariman

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
EVysther

RIP Michael Mariman

Postby EVysther » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:47 am

Hello all -

Been a long time since I posted anything here - my wife and my lives have taken so many amazing turns over the last decade, this sort of thing has fallen by the wayside almost completely...still, I wish my first post in close to over a decade wasn't over this nature...

Mike Mariman, a long term member of this community who contributed so much, passed away April 19th from a massive stroke...while we had lost track of one another over the years, I can truly say he was a gentle soul who has left us far to early.

From what I have gathered, there will be no memorial service.

Please take a moment to remember a someone who was always there for so many people.

Eric
Eric Vysther

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery -
today is a gift...that's why it's called the present!
"

Fred588
Producer

Re: RIP Michael Mariman

Postby Fred588 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:51 am

I am so sorry to hear this. I never met Mike but chatted with him quite a bit back in the days of the WAM_Quicksand IRC channel. He created that channel, ran it for quite a while, and later turned it over to me when he could not run it anymore.

EVysther wrote:Hello all -

Been a long time since I posted anything here - my wife and my lives have taken so many amazing turns over the last decade, this sort of thing has fallen by the wayside almost completely...still, I wish my first post in close to over a decade wasn't over this nature...

Mike Mariman, a long term member of this community who contributed so much, passed away April 19th from a massive stroke...while we had lost track of one another over the years, I can truly say he was a gentle soul who has left us far to early.

From what I have gathered, there will be no memorial service.

Please take a moment to remember a someone who was always there for so many people.

Eric
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

jadokast98

Postby jadokast98 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:26 am

Rest in Peace Mike.

Yea he was one of the early pioneers in our community.

dlodoski
Wizard of Ooze

Postby dlodoski » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:26 am

This is sad news.

So many comments and anecdotes come to mind. Maybe another time.

Mike definitely influenced this community, sometimes in quiet ways, sometimes visibly, but always in a positive way.

Farewell.
The Wizard of Ooze stays behind the curtain!

https://allmylinks.com/dlodoski

Stay signed up to Club MPV and bank 10 free download tokens every month!

Mynock

Postby Mynock » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:35 am

We chatted and did some RP's occsionally back on the old DS website. Real nice guy with a great sense of humor. RIP...... :(

"Say not in grief 'he is no more' but live in thankfulness that he was. A death is not the extinguishing of a light, but the putting out of the lamp because the dawn has come."
--Old Jewish Proverb
"Know thyself, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
--Sun Tzu

QuicksandMania

Postby QuicksandMania » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:38 am

FUCK!!!!!!!

This is absolutely heartbreaking but not surprising. He was a BIG man with a bigger heart. He totally cared about his friends. He and my wife and I helped each other through some tough times when he lived near us. We were there for him when he had his gastric bypass surgery, and he literally became half the man he was. We even carpooled together to split costs on a couple of long road trips, and he attended my family reunion on one of them. Funniest line: "You have a cool family! Everyone got along, nobody got drunk, and there was not a single fist fight!"

We both pestered him to take better care of himself, alas, to no avail.

My wife is out of the country and will CRY when she hears this.

RIP Old Buddy

UPDATE: Please, all of you, take good care of yourselves. Michael was only 44 years old when he died. At the end of the day, responsibility for your wellness falls squarely on your shoulders. To that end, here are some links I recommend:

Body by Science
My Fitness Pal
Nutrisystem NuMi

Duncan Edwards

Postby Duncan Edwards » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Aww hell...Sorry to hear this. Mike had been around the group for a long time. I actually met him first when some of us gathered in Chester, Illinois with Chuck Lang on the shoot for National Geographic Danger Quicksand documentary. He was indeed a very big guy who had some success in improving his life. Mike was a supporter of this fetish and the community efforts. Let's remember him as he joins the ranks of others who have given their energy to this group and departed the scene.
It's a dirty job but I got to do it for over 20 years. Thank you.

DangerGirl

Postby DangerGirl » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:25 am

I'm so sad to hear this. We chatted a lot back in the old IRC days, and on SL, as well, though I'd lost touch with him recently. He was such a sweet guy who had overcome a lot. Fair skies and following winds, Mike.

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:38 am

Buen viaje, Mike
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Nessie
Producer

Postby Nessie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:44 am

Duncan Edwards wrote:I actually met him first when some of us gathered in Chester, Illinois with Chuck Lang on the shoot for National Geographic Danger Quicksand documentary.

I own that. I wrote a number on the cover to tell me exactly how far I had to fast-forward to get to Chuck and the Guys. As a quicksand newbie, this rock-solid proof that others existed and were brave enough to go there and try out Chuck's location was the only truly important part of the tape to me.

I chatted online with him a bit but never actually met him. He was interesting and likeable. Because he was here before I ever got here, I am surprised to find out that he was only 44. He should have had many more years. Very sad to hear this...RIP, Mike.

Nessie

Return to “Off Topic”