Need Some Assistance With Firefox

No political or religious topics please. Otherwise, anything goes, as long as we treat each other with respect.
UberGaijin

Need Some Assistance With Firefox

Postby UberGaijin » Mon May 04, 2009 1:15 pm

Sometime about a week and a half ago, my Firefox stopped remembering how to automatically log into the various forums I visit. On the same date I had to start manually entering passwords for my group, this forum, and the DFI forum.

As long as keep the browser open, I can go to these groups without having to re-enter the password. If I close and restart the browser, I have to enter in the passwords (and my username for my Yahoo group...it matters not if I have "keep me signed in for two weeks" checked). Any suggestions?

I am using Firefox 3.0.10 and I have changed various settings under the Privacy tab, but to no avail.

Sydney

Re: Need Some Assistance With Firefox

Postby Sydney » Mon May 04, 2009 6:45 pm

I would select 'Clear Private Data' from the 'Tools' menu. It's likely you've got some bad data in there somewhere that's lousing it up.
Taking anything too seriously is as big a threat as not taking it seriously enough. - Berke Breathed,

UberGaijin

Postby UberGaijin » Tue May 05, 2009 11:11 am

Thanks for the reply. :) Unfortunately, it did not work. :|

Sydney

Postby Sydney » Tue May 05, 2009 6:48 pm

Check for various noscripting extensions, and cookie killers, installed on Firefox. Also, have you changed anything on the computer itself in regards to internet use, like installing and running anti-spyware? Sometimes that can kill your ability to keep the 'cookies' that maintain your login status.

Also, you might try checking your exceptions for passworded sites in the Security panel, it might've decided that you've got most of them set to not save the passwords.
Taking anything too seriously is as big a threat as not taking it seriously enough. - Berke Breathed,

RonRico

Postby RonRico » Tue May 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Have you tried clicking Tools in the top toolbar? Then go to options, then security, and click remember passwords. Since you have the newest (I think) update of Firefox it may have installed without the remember password button being on. I think this happened to me somewhere between Firefox 2 and 3. Hopefully, it's something simple like that. Wish I knew more about this stuff.

Peace,
RR
Trying to make fakes respectable... or at least respectable fakes.

UberGaijin

Postby UberGaijin » Mon May 18, 2009 1:02 am

Just to bring some closure: I fixed my Firefox problem by uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Mon May 18, 2009 4:25 am

BTW up until now download helper was working great... now I can't get it to download anything. Suggestions?

UberGaijin

Postby UberGaijin » Mon May 18, 2009 11:21 am

Robert wrote:BTW up until now download helper was working great... now I can't get it to download anything. Suggestions?

Well, I would suggest what I did: back up the bookmarks, uninstall, reinstall.

I'm not sure, but Firefox 3.0.10 seems a tad flaky to me.

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Tue May 19, 2009 7:55 am

Robert wrote:BTW up until now download helper was working great... now I can't get it to download anything. Suggestions?

Perhaps try downloading and installing the latest version of DownloadHelper? It is now version 4.4.1 .
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Robert
Producer

Postby Robert » Tue May 19, 2009 11:27 am

Boggy Man wrote:

Perhaps try downloading and installing the latest version of DownloadHelper? It is now version 4.4.1 .

Thats what I did. when I try to click on media nothing happens. I'll try and reinstall when I have time.

Return to “Off Topic”