elefseus' Quicksand Doodles

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
XCLBR

elefseus' Quicksand Doodles

Postby XCLBR » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:09 pm

Out of an idea that I cooked up during my spare time, I've decided to take my first crack at digital art, thanks to some doodle tutorial that I came across recently, which led me to ask myself this question: "What if I apply this art style, which people find adorable and endearing, to quicksand-related art?". Here, the doodle features Reika from the retro game Time Gal, mired to her crotch in desert quicksand. Feel free to share any points of improvement, as I hope to continue doing this in the near future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by XCLBR on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* That video game quicksand collector your parents warned you about.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: A QS doodle

Postby PM2K » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Cool! :D Thanks for posting.

XCLBR

Re: A QS doodle

Postby XCLBR » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:49 pm

PM2K wrote:Cool! :D Thanks for posting.

You're welcome. I'm happy that you liked it.

Here's some more doodles of Reika sinking. Additionally, I've included a GIF animation of the entire sequence, with a minor revision on the first scene. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

XCLBR

Re: elefseus' Quicksand Doodles

Postby XCLBR » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:10 pm

101927700 made a request in CleverDerpy's Anthro/Human Request Thread, which is as follows:
101927700 wrote:I have a request for someone to draw: a girl with light brown hair wearing chest waders, up to the rim of the waders in a peat bog.

Given that his request was addressed to anyone willing to carry it out, I took it into my hands to have a shot at it, as part of a process in honing my skills in drawing some quicksand art. Once again, feel free to share ideas on how I can improve in drawing. Though I may be busy this days, I assure you guys that there's more stuff to come from me in the future.

Postby 101927700 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:39 pm

elefseus wrote:101927700 made a request in CleverDerpy's Anthro/Human Request Thread, which is as follows:
101927700 wrote:I have a request for someone to draw: a girl with light brown hair wearing chest waders, up to the rim of the waders in a peat bog.

Given that his request was addressed to anyone willing to carry it out, I took it into my hands to have a shot at it, as part of a process in honing my skills in drawing some quicksand art. Once again, feel free to share ideas on how I can improve in drawing. Though I may be busy this days, I assure you guys that there's more stuff to come from me in the future.

Nice rendition. A bit of advice though: usually chest waders don't have bright colors on them, but the overall drawing is quite good.
EDIT: Unless the bit of blue I think I see under the red is actually gray and part of the waders.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:27 am

101927700 wrote:Nice rendition. A bit of advice though: usually chest waders don't have bright colors on them, but the overall drawing is quite good.
EDIT: Unless the bit of blue I think I see under the red is actually gray and part of the waders.

Thanks for your kind words and input! After all, I'm still in the process of improving myself, considering that I'm new to digital quicksand art. As they say, practice makes perfect. Also, part of the idea of trying out your request is the principle of seeing what I could do in materializing someone else's idea in the form of a drawing.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Hello again, everyone! Here's a little product of some free time. This doodle features an adult Maria Renard from the Castlevania series, whose appearance is based on this, a cross between her Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night design, where the hairstyle and colors are based on the former and the clothes is based on the latter. Also, the scene is based on Stage 4' of Castlevania: Dracula X.

luckykid77

Postby luckykid77 » Sat May 28, 2016 2:12 pm

elefseus wrote:Hello again, everyone! Here's a little product of some free time. This doodle features an adult Maria Renard from the Castlevania series, whose appearance is based on this, a cross between her Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night design, where the hairstyle and colors are based on the former and the clothes is based on the latter. Also, the scene is based on Stage 4' of Castlevania: Dracula X.

This is very cute! I like Maria.

XCLBR

Postby XCLBR » Sat May 28, 2016 2:40 pm

luckykid77 wrote:
elefseus wrote:Hello again, everyone! Here's a little product of some free time. This doodle features an adult Maria Renard from the Castlevania series, whose appearance is based on this, a cross between her Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night design, where the hairstyle and colors are based on the former and the clothes is based on the latter. Also, the scene is based on Stage 4' of Castlevania: Dracula X.

This is very cute! I like Maria.

Thanks! Glad to know that you liked the sequence featuring her. ;)

luckykid77

Postby luckykid77 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Now I know I should put this in the "Request" forum, but I thought no one would bother accepting it...

Can you have Ms. Naomi Loon/Namiko Gokumare from Mon Colle Knights stuck in some thick swamp mud?

She's up to near her hips in the mud...

Here's in case you don't know who she is or what she look like:

http://moncolleknights.wdfiles.com/loca ... Namiko.jpg

http://xdnobody.deviantart.com/art/Nami ... -420951233

http://www.angelfire.com/emo/rockna/ (Scroll down to "Calling All Monsters" and " The Last Monster Item" for the best examples on what she looks like...)

http://www.rubberslug.com/user/d8fbe1c0 ... er_big.JPG

Return to “Drawings”