Dynamic Hair for Poser Girls in Lightwave!

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Dynamic Hair for Poser Girls in Lightwave!

Postby Qsvgitguy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:56 pm

Hey Everybody,

Sorry that this does not have to do directly with quicksand, but the site would not let me attached a zip file in Off Topic, and this was something I wanted to show those who were interested.

One of the reason it takes so long to do my movies is you have to do a lot of research and experimentation to figure out how to do things. One thing I've wanted to do for a while is Dynamic Hair. That is hair that responds to gravity and moves as the character moves. I had wanted to use Dynamic hair for A Country Gal's Fate and for Disappearing Act V2, but I could not get it to work.

Poser has a Dynamic Hair system, but its the one thing that does not get imported when you open a Poser scene in Lightwave. :x For reasons I won't go into, when I tried to attach a dynamic hair object to a poser girl's head, it never worked. :x :x

Long story short, very recently, I finally found a way to do it and have been running some experiments. What you do is create a series of Guide Hairs and apply a physics engine to them so they move as the scene progresses. Now, it still needs a lot more work but the clip below shows my first real success! What is needed is a lot more hair guides and a better understanding of how the physics engine affects the hairs, and learning the art of shaping the guides to get a hair style that looks the way you want. After the hair guides are animated, you use a tool such as ClothFx or Sasquatch during render time to create and fill in the hair.

One small step for hair, one giant leap for Poser Quicksand Babes everywhere! :lol:

Test Hair Walk_299.jpg

Poser and Ligtwave Dynamic Hair.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Dynamic Hair for Poser Girls in Lightwave!

Postby PM2K » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:33 pm

Sweet! Look forward to seeing your new work in 2017. :D

sixgunzloaded

Postby sixgunzloaded » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:24 pm

Interesting stuff and definitely a step in the right direction. Thanks for the heads-up! :)
How long did Tarzan watch before deciding to save Jill..?

The Great Red Spot

Postby The Great Red Spot » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:30 pm

That is very talented actually. One good thing about Poser, Daz, Blender or MMD is you can manipulate a female model into sinking in mud in any position an actress would have a hard time pulling off or never dream of doing. I might want to learn Blender when I get my own computer.

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Thanks! I've made a lot of progress since this test was done. Not quite there yet. I've been using the hair tools in Blender to try to make cool hair styles and then bring them into Lightwave. Wish me luck! :D

noone

Postby noone » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:16 pm

PM2K wrote:Sweet! Look forward to seeing your new work in 2017. :D

...? uhm, 2018? ... :oops:

noone

Postby noone » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Please, give the following a bit of consideration.
Please, Bump up the size of those feminine swells/curves!
Please Don't be offended. There are real women out there with breasts that are either as_large_as/or_even_larger_than_their_heads!
Yes, there are natural f,g,h,and j cup sizes out there!!!

(*this model also appears a little too young to me. can we aim a tad mite more mature?... say 18+*)

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:27 pm

noone wrote:
PM2K wrote:Sweet! Look forward to seeing your new work in 2017. :D

...? uhm, 2018? ... :oops:

Yeah.... that's what I meant. :oops:

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:35 am

Hey people,

Here's my latest experiment. It's a motion capture shot of the girl looking around. It's a good way to test how the hair works with quick movements. The hair is not quite shoulder length, but I'm running tests to see if I can get longer hair styles to behave. If yes, I can start working on one of many story ideas I want to do.

Here's a list of the project I want to start working on...

Sarah's Island
Karen and the Swamp
Challenge of the Bimbos
Quicksand Woman
Messing with Nature
The Hunted
And the scene from my White Fens II story where Lauren takes care of Lucy! :twisted:

And Noone,

I like the girl's breast sizes the way they are, AND! None of my girls are under age. I won't even consider going there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:50 pm

Nice. Dynamic Hair is one thing I'm definitely missing in Daz Studio, though with dForce there's finally a solution in sight (I know it's actually meant for clothes, but some folks have already "abused" it to create dynamic hair - with varying degress of success).
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Return to “Drawings”