Happy Mud Swim (full coverage? oh my!)

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.

Which is the best!

Full coverage!
31%
Partial coverage!
69%

Total votes: 59

Northerner

Happy Mud Swim (full coverage? oh my!)

Postby Northerner » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:07 am

I whipped this picture up tonight... and noticed that if I turn off the skin-and-clothes color layer, it looks like a full coverage pic? How cool is that!

There are a few other edits I made after I saved the full coverage pic... various sparkles and wateryness of the mud.. Still, I thought the full coverage mode I managed to save was just too cool.

You can vote in the poll on your favorite version, for science!

I don't know this girl's name, but she seems to enjoy paddling around in sticky mud pits!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

water_bug_62208

Re: Happy Mud Swim (full coverage? oh my!)

Postby water_bug_62208 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:02 am

Both images are very nice! That said, I'm a partial coverage fan as I like to see some clean skin and clothing on a gal, particularly when she's stuck and sinking in quicksand or deep mud.

The other thing about the partial coverage drawing that's interesting is the hints of water, especially in the upper right-hand corner. Leaves ya wondering if she's playing around near the water's edge, or if she's playing out in the middle of the mud flat unaware that the tide is coming in from behind.

Also, looks like she's wearing a t-shirt or perhaps a pullover shirt. Again, I do like it when a gal's upper body is a bit more dressed while her lower body shows off her bare legs and, depending on what she's wearing, some exposed skin of her derriere.

Thanks for sharing!

pete1672
Always Remembered

Postby pete1672 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:46 am

Kind of along the same lines as Waterbug, here, in preferring the partially covered; it's strictly a personal preference, though. The fully submerged image implies (to me) a young lady having fun in some deep mud; the partial coverage (w/nice detail on the mud staining her shirt for an illusion of motion) gives the impression of someone struggling less for pleasure, more for a "get me outta here" vibe.
Both are excellent renditions, nonetheless! Thanks for posting them

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:19 am

Don't make me choose! Both are great, for the above reasons... :D

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:27 am

Thanks for the comments!! I should have made a version with her looking frightened. That might have won the popularity poll! If I do get around to doing that, I will update the thread title. :)
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:37 am

Northerner wrote:Thanks for the comments!! I should have made a version with her looking frightened. That might have won the popularity poll! If I do get around to doing that, I will update the thread title. :)

Ya know, you did what you felt you should've done and it was great! We all should be thankful for that... I certainly am! :D

If I may please suggest, if you do decide to go with a frightened look, it would probably work best with the partial coverage image. The non-muddied portions of her upper body, the depiction that she's got some sort of shirt on (indicating that her current sticky situation was unintendended, unexpected, and/or accidental), and the hints of a possible approaching high tide, would make it all work quite nicely.

Your artwork and drawing style remain a favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing!

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:44 pm

I prefer faces without coverage, but both these pictures are great!
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Kwaza

Postby Kwaza » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Usually I'd go for the partial coverage, but the full coverage version itches the back of my mind that it's better.... I dunno. But great either way around.
I smile because I know somthing that she doesn't......

Return to “Drawings”