My doodles on deviantART

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Billie Bonce

My doodles on deviantART

Postby Billie Bonce » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Hello comrades! :lol:

I just want to draw your attention to one thing that I decided to share on deviantART. It's a comic that I decided to make for DeepSinking 6 years ago. The story is called "The Unscheduled Stop". I had written the storyline and dialogues, and I've made doodles for all pages. After that I made several attempts to process it digitally, but I never had enough time and patience. Still, I love the characters, and I don't want to abandon the story.

Now I am (more or less) cleaning and correcting the doodles and submitting them to the 'scraps' section of my gallery on deviantART. So, only those who watch my scraps could notice it, and as I discovered, only few people actually did. In future I am going to finish the work and only then it will be appropriate to be presented here. But I think some people may want to follow the story as it develops (and as I submit the panels, one by one). So, for those of you who have accounts on deviantART and don't watch my scraps (so that you haven't seen the story yet) I give the link to the first page: http://fav.me/d4pxp46

Then you can follow the links 'next' under the pictures. Up to now I submitted about 40 pictures, and I add something almost daily.

Enjoy!

Some ads:
us_sketch_021_1.jpg

us_sketch_024_1.jpg

us_sketch_026_1.jpg

us_sketch_029_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: My doodles on deviantART

Postby PM2K » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Looking great, Billie. I love these hidden treasures that surface... :D Looking forward to seeing your completed work.

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:09 am

Wow, haven't seen these before on your DA site, Billie. Very nice!

So, where exactly is your "Scraps" section on your DA site?

Thanks for sharing!

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Thank you guys! Yesterday I've added two new pictures (so that the last one is #44 now). The follow-up will be in several days - I again stumbled upon a bunch of very poorly done doodles, and I have to do some corrective work with them to keep the storyline smooth.
water_bug_62208 wrote:So, where exactly is your "Scraps" section on your DA site?
Ah, this is a trick of deviantART interface! On the main gallery page of each "deviant" :) (say, http://billie-bonce.deviantart.com/gallery/ , taking my gallery as an example) you can see links "Featured Browse Scrapbook" on a panel just above the thumbnails. By default, "Featured" is active, so that it is not a link. Click on "Scrapbook" - and you go into the Scrapbook. Click on "Browse" - and you get many options to filter the images by categories (like, Digital Art, Traditional Art, etc.) When you add somebody to your deviantWATCH, the option of watching scraps is not checked by default. You can check it - and you will see all the scraps of that artist as they are submitted at deviantART.
So many different suns

water_bug_62208

Postby water_bug_62208 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:53 am

Ah, so that's where it is! Thanks, Billie! Nice drawings you have there.

Thanks for sharing!

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:21 am

I would call them scraps of gold, there are a lot of awesome works here!! They may not be technically "polished", but it is very valuable, showing angles and situations not commonly found in quicksand art. Your depictions of multiple girls struggling to help each other out of deep mud are always fantastic.

Your first image you posted of a girl slogging through muck towards a hopelessly sunken friend tells everything we need to know. One girl is hopelessly stuck, yet her ally risks everything to attempt the impossible task of freeing her. The mud is deep and will likely claim them both. And best of all, they are wearing no clothes :D

I also thought it was great to see this girl getting a chance to enjoy herself in the mud!
http://billie-bonce.deviantart.com/gallery/10167616#/d4r16qm
Hooray, a break from the peril! Or, at least a distraction from it!
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

Billie Bonce

Postby Billie Bonce » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks guys! I appreciate your kind words very much!

I delayed submitting of the new sketches for a while and shared some non-quicksand works. Soon I'll get back to the quicksand story. The rescue is about to start, but would it be as easy as everybody believes now?
So many different suns

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:15 am

Nice work Billy! I like the style and the technique.

klib21

Postby klib21 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Very awesome and good :D

Return to “Drawings”