3 (no, 4!) Muddy Arts Created on iPad

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.

Favorite of the 3?

Girl in Muck
46%
Caught Trespassing by Amazons
7%
Quicksand Buoyancy Physics
47%

Total votes: 57

Northerner

3 (no, 4!) Muddy Arts Created on iPad

Postby Northerner » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:40 am

I found a 4th thing I drew on the iPad. Dang I have got to keep more organized! Posted below.
Newly found art: Quicksand iPad Doodle!
not_quicksand_ipad_doodle.jpg

I am not an Apple fanboy at all -- I resisted their products as long as I could -- but was pleased that I was still able to create muddy arts while on my recent vacation, thanks to the iPad.

Please cast your vote above for your favorite artwork! I definitely like certain aspects of all three.

Girl in Muck
Just a girl struggling in some tenacious shallow mud.
Sorry for the low resolution .. My drawing app on iPad doesn't allow for larger size!
nor_girl_in_muck.jpg

Caught Trespassing by Amazons
He did not blame himself for his predicament. But the amazons did!
I am still messing around on my iPad and thought this turned out nicely. Just trying to put together some art with >1 character..
nor_caught_trespassing_by_amazons.jpg

Quicksand Buoyancy Physics
I am not a physicist but I hope I communicated an idea effectively here... However pervy it may be!
nor_quicksand_buoyancy_physics.jpg

Please cast your vote above for your favorite artwork!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Northerner on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

water_bug_62208

Re: 3 Muddy Arts Created on iPad

Postby water_bug_62208 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:41 am

They're all very good.

I voted for "Girl in Muck." I like leggy stuck and sinking scenes, especially when the gal is wearing an outfit that shows off a lot of her legs struggling and sinking in quicksand or mud. :D

"Girl in Muck" has all the things I like in a Quicksand Drawing... attractive lady; nice long hair (looks like she's a redhead); a leggy outfit with her wearing bikini briefs (if she were wearing a tank top or snug t-shirt, it would fit my idea of a sinky outfit for a damsel in distress); she's stuck fast and struggling to get free; her feet and lower calves are stuck in the mud, which possibly mean we could be in for a slow, gradual sink as her struggles take her deeper into themud; and, it looks like she's walking out on a mud flat, which I find to be a good choice of area for a leggy stuck and sinking scene such as this.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

benmetal

Postby benmetal » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:38 am

I also gotta go with the first one. Don't get me wrong, the premise of the second picture is by far my favorite type of situation (hint hint you should draw more of that hint hint) but I cast my vote based mostly on the artwork itself. The art in the second picture is, for lack of a better term, kinda derpy. The dude looks kinda weird, like maybe he's got a little bit of some baby arm action going on? Also he looks stoned for some reason. And the girls don't looks as attractive as I know you're capable of making them. The one girl's face is a little weird, and neither of them are really very curvy at all. Still a great piece, don't get me wrong. The third pic is also good, but not as good as the first. I'm sure the color helps.

Anyway, you're gonna get a lot of this in this thread, but they're all pretty good. Keep it up, and like I said before, more arts with the premise of that second pic. Maybe you should illustrate a Jiminy Thicket story. I would be all kinds of down for that.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:10 pm

benmetal wrote:Maybe you should illustrate a Jiminy Thicket story. I would be all kinds of down for that.

I believe he's on to something there.... :D

Qsvgitguy
Always Remembered

Postby Qsvgitguy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:30 pm

I like them all! Action wise, I like the last one best, even though it is in BW.

I find it remarkable that you did this on an Ipad. Doing something like that without the precision of a pencil, pen, or stylus. That's the one thing I don't like about the movement towards touch screens. There are somethings you need a mouse or some type of pointing device to do things right, but you may have just proved me wrong. :D

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:26 am

Oh I did use a touch-capacitive stylus for these. The iPad touch screen is not very precise for drawing with a stylus, but its better than using finger!

I am capable of creating my own perverse (in a good way) Jiminy Thicket style stories. He is one of my favorite authors! I really need to just sit down and work on something big!
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

Northerner

Postby Northerner » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:22 am

benmetal wrote:I also gotta go with the first one. Don't get me wrong, the premise of the second picture is by far my favorite type of situation (hint hint you should draw more of that hint hint) but I cast my vote based mostly on the artwork itself. The art in the second picture is, for lack of a better term, kinda derpy. The dude looks kinda weird, like maybe he's got a little bit of some baby arm action going on? Also he looks stoned for some reason. And the girls don't looks as attractive as I know you're capable of making them. The one girl's face is a little weird, and neither of them are really very curvy at all. Still a great piece, don't get me wrong. The third pic is also good, but not as good as the first. I'm sure the color helps.

Anyway, you're gonna get a lot of this in this thread, but they're all pretty good. Keep it up, and like I said before, more arts with the premise of that second pic. Maybe you should illustrate a Jiminy Thicket story. I would be all kinds of down for that.

I agree the 2nd pic looks wonky and the guys' head is huge. Dang his huge giant head! Anyway the concept is still quite interesting and I may revisit it. :)
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

A20

Postby A20 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:28 am

The Girl in Muck got my attention :)
Image Fan of tight miniskirts and pantyhose in quicksand Image
A-020's deviantArt | A-020's Patreon | A-020's Gumroad | A-020's Twitter
| A-020's YouTube

Return to “Drawings”