A couple of sketches

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
chrisk

A couple of sketches

Postby chrisk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:18 am

One oldie, one new...although the latter one I strugled with the facial expression...and the hair! After many rubbings out I gave up but I guess it's not bad. After all the joy this site has given me, it's about time I gave something back. :)

Northerner

Re: A couple of sketches

Postby Northerner » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:13 am

Well I see what you mean about the second one, she looks lovely but she sort of has a monsterface. :D

Please take this in good humor! I know what you mean, sometimes a piece of the drawing just doesn't want to come together.

The first one, ohh god, what is that woman doing in that mudpit! She does not look like she is trying to escape. :oops:

Seriously HOT picture. I like the background as much as the, er, foreground!
See my art at: DeviantArt, Tumblr, Pixiv

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:52 am

Really like these! Thanks for posting! :D

fashionzombie

Postby fashionzombie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Heres my opinion. Your drawing of people needs some work but your drawing of quicksand is some of the best I've ever seen. Better than most of the artists that others on the board would consider most popular and the best.

It seems most artists (even the best ones) just draw flat, lifeless quicksand with a bubble or two with a complete flat line where the quicksand meets the skin. As if the subject has been there so long its completely settled or as if they simply copied and pasted them onto a background.

YOUR quicksand however is full of movement and bumps and at the point of contact looks like there has been a struggled and it looks like its been disturbed around the body. Keep it up. Personally I find the LEAST important part of the image is how well a person is drawn and instead how well the quicksand is represented.

chrisk

Postby chrisk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks for the comments (don't worry Northerner, I agree! Lol!). I'm a bit rusty as I don't get the chance to draw too often anymore but I shall try and make an effort in future. :)

quagmire_uk

Postby quagmire_uk » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:00 am

Wow! The quicksand and the background is amazing. Good bodies as well. Indeed the face of the second one isn't too great, but the first one is OK. Marvellous.

Lonewolf222

Postby Lonewolf222 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:47 am

I must post on this and give perhaps what is not intended.

The second picture captures a level of artistry unintended. She has a hideous terrifying snarl to it which comes across excessively deviant and menacing. A degree of fear would be given.

I adore it for all its unintended to be. Remember that face for such composition.

chrisk

Postby chrisk » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:16 am

Lonewolf222 wrote:I must post on this and give perhaps what is not intended.

The second picture captures a level of artistry unintended. She has a hideous terrifying snarl to it which comes across excessively deviant and menacing. A degree of fear would be given.

I adore it for all its unintended to be. Remember that face for such composition.

Thanks for that...I'm starting work on a new sketch and will post soon. Again thanks all for the constructive critism. The best sketch I did a while back (I posted it on the old forum) but, as I said, I'm finding it difficult to find the time and I'm out of practice. Even so, I find your positive comments heartening so I will endeavour! :)

klib21

Postby klib21 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:42 am

Again, really good on the QS (and 50% of the ladies ;) )

Return to “Drawings”