Neck deep

Hand-drawn or CGI. If you started with a blank screen or sheet of paper, it's cool to post it here! Please note - this forum is for posting drawings, not links to external sites.
Billie Bonce

Neck deep

Postby Billie Bonce » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:57 pm

You guys maybe have heard from me that usually I don't like 'up to chin/up to ears' depth. I don't think I have ever drew such pictures. But well, the time came. Here is Dee-Nah, an 'elf' girl from "The Damned Planet" who took part in mud jumping competition an shamefully failed to crawl out of the mud. Those who are interested may find more (much more) information about the Damned planet and this particular character on my deviantART page http://billie-bonce.deviantart.com/gallery/24772306 http://fav.me/d5l35v6
dee-nah_neck-deep.jpg

Here is an excerpt of (yet unedited and thus yet unpublished) story of Dee-Nah:

...Dee-Nah tried to compete for the highest prize - mating with the Prince. Her participation in competitions was not successful – to say the least. She was in good shape, but perhaps she was too nervous and too impatient. She shamefully lost several times. One time she got tangled up in a network of ropes. Such obstacle imitates the network of vines in their forest and it demands care and patience to pass trough. Dee-Nah lacked patience, and she got hopelessly stuck. She wasn't alone there, but being a target of derision helplessly waiting for the rescue was extremely embarrassing. Another time she lost a wrestling match. Her opponent was older, heavier, and more experienced. Pinned to the ground, pressed into the mud, Dee-Nah burst into tears. It wasn't a fair match as her opponent was obviously stronger, and thus her defeat wouldn't be shameful, but the crying was, and quite a few villagers were laughing at her. However, all this offense was nothing in comparison with what happened during her third attempt. It was after she applied for becoming a leader of a group of huntresses, and the result of the competition might influence on the Queen's decision.

That time the first obstacle was jumping into a deep mud pit. Then the girls should extricate themselves without external help, run, walk, or crawl across the pit, and proceed to the next obstacles. The deeper a girl sinks after the jump - the more points she gets. The quicker she extricates herself - the more points she adds to her score. Mud jumping was fun, and never considered as a serious obstacle. Of course, the depth of sinking and the ease of crawling out seriously depended on the consistency of the mud and the depth of the pit. And that time everything went wrong for Dee-Nah. She jumped in, sank to her armpits, and got the highest rating. But then she failed to get out. She became hopelessly stuck, alone in the pit, while even the youngest girls successfully escaped. The girl who was supervising the mud pit, Dee-Nah's worst rival, patiently and silently waited due time, and then gladly stated: "Dee-Nah, it's time-out! Your points burned down! Stop struggling or you'll hurt yourself! Just relax till the morning... Or call me, and I'll pull you out... You'll pay me back, right?" Most of the competitions took place in the evening, and according to the rules those who got stuck in the obstacles had to wait for the rescue till the next morning. Alternatively, someone could rescue an unfortunate victim and demand a reward.

Dee-Nah was so frustrated; she was struggling so furiously, that she got herself in serious danger as the mud sucked her down deeper and deeper. Whatever she tried, whatever she knew from school. didn't work. She knew the first rule – if you uncontrollably sinking when attempting to get out, stop struggling instantly, then think before each movement and move extremely slowly. She ignored it. She also ignored some shouts that were addressed to her when the situation became life-threatening.

Dee-Nah was lucky that two older women noticed her incompetent behavior and remained near the pit. One of them eventually jumped in and pushed totally hysterical Dee-Nah out of mud when she submerged completely and was about to drown. To say the truth, her rescuer also couldn't get out of the pit until her friend rendered some help with a rope. Without these two women Dee-Nah would certainly die, and that would become a rare example of extraordinary stupidity and irresponsibility. Actually, what has happened should also become a sign of her professional unsuitability, and if the queen or any of her ladies would witness this accident, Dee-Nah would never be allowed to continue her career as a huntress. She expected that her rescuers would tell the queen about the incident, it would be fair. But surprisingly they didn't. Instead, they took Dee-Nah to a stream, cleaned her, then took her to their hut, wrapped her in a warm blanket, and gave her tea made of grasses that Dee-Nah hasn't known before. She calmed down and slept having nice, bright, colorful dreams...

In few days the Queen officially permitted Dee-Nah to become a leader of a group of huntresses...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There’s so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

TAP_bagan

Re: Neck deep

Postby TAP_bagan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Very Well done billy good story to :D
My Website: https://www.blubtopia.com/
My DeviantART Account: http://tapbagan.deviantart.com/
Discord Account: TAPbagan #4746
https://subscribestar.adult/tapbagan