Place of Great Value

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Viridian

Place of Great Value

Postby Viridian » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Place of Great Value
By Viridian

“I can’t believe I forgot to bring a bikini,” Elaine complained. Though she was comfortable in her tank top and shorts, she felt overdressed for the scenic Pacific island. Her best friend, Nicole, looked smashing in her bikini. Her curvy frame already drew glances, but if there was anyone on the beach right now, they would be mesmerised by her tiny thong and strapless, striped bikini top that pushed her full, round breasts together for an even more enviable cleavage. Though Nicole was straight, she flaunted her natural gifts in front of both men and women. Elaine had trouble taking her eyes off Nicole’s bounciness, partly out of admiration, partly out of jealousy.

Nicole looked at her friend. “I’m not sure what you have to whinge about. You’ve been getting more looks than I have.” Unlike Nicole, Elaine was a natural, leggy blonde. It was clear that she wasn’t wearing any underwear – Nicole had told her they were looking for a nude sunbathing spot, so the lack of a bikini didn’t matter. Although Elaine didn’t strut her stuff as openly, she was a deeply attractive young lady, and the tight shorts and braless top was rather uncharacteristic. “Come on, you’ve shown more skin at the dorms.”

“That’s different,” Elaine replied. She noticed that her nipples had become erect, but as there was no one else on the beach, she didn’t mind their visibility, and honestly enjoyed the liberating feeling. Only Nicole knew about Elaine’s closet exhibitionist streak. Elaine always slept naked when they shared their dorm room, initially because she had forgotten to bring pyjamas, but over time it became natural for her, even after some embarrassing encounters with Nicole’s boyfriends over the years.

Those years seemed far behind them. They had pulled their heads in and studied hard in their final year, graduating with top marks. Now they had some time to themselves, wanting to take a break and not get straight to work. Both of them came from wealthy families and the fees were mostly paid by their parents. Elaine had to work to sustain her everyday expenses, while Nicole never held her job and spent most of her time clubbing. It was something that annoyed Elaine, but not enough for her to voice it and risk their friendship. Nicole exuded a socialite vibe, which Elaine found uncomfortable at times. Her risqué adventure today was an example of that behaviour. Elaine tagged along only to make sure Nicole didn’t get herself into trouble.

Nicole had somehow gotten the idea that the exotic island had a secret treasure. Part of that she got from the numerous brochures that advertised the island’s diverse history, part she got from local rumours. Elaine had thought it was just a cover for her to pop out her bikini – and perhaps pop out of it. But Nicole had been persistently talking about the treasure, something which Elaine found odd. “Why do you need the treasure? You can already afford anything you want.”

“It’s not the treasure that matters!” Nicole replied. “It’s the adventure of finding the treasure! And then we can be famous!”

“It’s more than likely that the treasure is just a hoax to trap tourists,” Elaine replied in a cynical, yet mature tone. “And if all the locals know about it, how come they haven’t cashed in on it? Surely they’re not waiting for some Western devils to do it for them.”

“Maybe they don’t understand what it’s worth,” Nicole shrugged.

“The things you get me into,” Elaine sighed. “So, how do you know where it is then?”

“I don’t, but this gentleman might. And he’s pretty hot.” One of the local young men was sitting on a rock overlooking the beach. He was deeply tanned, had a well-defined body and his arm bore the traditional tattoo. He didn’t pay any attention to the tourists. “Yoohoo!” Nicole yelled out. “Sorry to interrupt your sunbathing, but we’re looking for help. Could you tell us where the treasure place is?”

“Nicky!” Elaine protested. “You can’t just ask him that!”

“Surely he wouldn’t say no to this,” Nicole replied, passing her hand over her torso. “Hey! Excuse me!”

“You are looking for the place of great value?” the young man asked, looking at Nicole with indifference.

“That’s right! We’re looking for the treasure.”

The man shook his head. “You won’t find what you’re looking for there.”

“Aha! So you’ve been there! Come on, spill the beans. Where is it?” Nicole bent at the waist to display her cleavage. The man looked, but showed no sign of being impressed.

“The place you seek is located that way, through a path behind the rocks, hidden inside the cove. You will know the place of great value when you come to it.”

“Woo! Thanks a lot, pal! Come check us out at the hotel if you’ve got some spare time!” Nicole waved at him, grabbed Elaine’s arm and ran off. “Come on, we’re going to be famous!”

With company like Nicole, the half-hour trip didn’t feel like it at all. The directions were vague, but Nicole figured that if they kept on heading down the beach, they would come across the hidden cove, and it was indeed well-hidden and out of the way. The way the bluffs surrounded the sandy inlet made it look an authentic treasure site. All it lacked was a shipwreck. At first glance the cove seemed to be a dead end, until Nicole noticed frothing water by one of the rocks. She waded into the water and dove under. Seconds later she reappeared. “There’s a passage underneath this wall.”

“Are you kidding me?” said Elaine. “We’re going to swim underwater? So much for nude sunbathing.”

“Don’t be a party pooper. If you’re still worried about getting your clothes wet, why don’t you…take them off?” She gave Elaine a cheeky wink. “Come on, we’ve gone skinny dippy countless times. What better place to do it? I’ll go naked if you will.”

If searching for some tribal treasure was silly, doing so naked was off the scale. Despite Nicole’s goading, Elaine had no interest in exposing anything, and she was rather curious about where this treasure hunt was leading. “Nicky, I already know your tits are a national treasure. You don’t have to show them off here. Come on, let’s see where this goes.”

Nicole dove under first and Elaine followed behind. The current was surprisingly strong and even though they were strong swimmers, they struggled to make headway. They popped up a short distance under the stone wall, taking a breath while being surrounded by the swell. “The tide most be moving in,” Elaine gasped. They had found a pocket of air, but it was rapidly filling up. “We should head back.”

“We’re closer to the inside,” Nicole replied. “Let’s keep going.”

Nicole went on ahead, leaving Elaine with no choice. She took a breath and submerged. The rocks under the water were dangerously sharp, and they had to take caution while at the same time making haste to beat the tide. Moments later, they emerged into a much larger cavern. “We made it!” Nicole declared.

It was an impressive sight. The cavern was small and consisted of a flat sand “floor” surrounded by limestone walls. An opening high above the cavern let sunlight in, giving the cavern a mysterious illumination. Nicole got out first and eagerly examined the light source and the shimmering walls. Elaine followed, clothes soaked and transparent. She noticed the enclosed beach was very soft underfoot, warmed by the tropical current. She was also awed by the remote location. It was treasure in itself, to her, but she could tell that Nicole was mildly disappointed.

“I told you,” Elaine said. “Though, getting here was pretty fun. What now? The tide’s come in and we can’t get out for a few hours.”

Nicole shrugged. “We could work on our tans. The sand is nice and soft and the opening is perfect.”

Elaine look down at Nicole’s waist. “It looks like you’re already prepared.”

Sometime during their swim, Nicole’s bikini thong had caught onto a sharp edge and was pulled away by the water. Her thong had barely concealed anything to begin with, and it was only now that she realised she was bottomless. “Oh gosh!” she cried, covering up – though for no particular reason, given that they were alone. “I can’t believe it! How am I going to get back?”

“Please,” Elaine begged. “You’ve streaked before. I’d lend you my shorts but – oh no!” she said sarcastically, “I’m not wearing anything underneath!” It must have touched a sensitive spot, because Nicole was clearly distraught. She was happy to show off in front of friends, it seemed, but was mortified by her wardrobe malfunction and having to walk back bottomless. Elaine sighed. “Well, let’s worry about that when the tide goes down. Since you’re already ahead of me, how about we get rid of our tan lines?” She pulled her top over her head and slipped her shorts off, standing confidently with her body fully exposed to her friend. Nicole was stunned at Elaine’s openness, but it helped her calm down and smile. She removed her bikini top. “I bet the boys would kill to see this.”

They must have dozed off in the warm, sunlit spot. Elaine vaguely remembered fragments of a rather exotic – and erotic – dream involving her and Nicole. She woke up feeling turned on. She was lying face-down in the sand. Her body had settled into the soft beach, which was cupping her breasts and, somehow, finding a way to ooze between her legs. She was close to swallowing a mouthful of sand, which was the reason she woke up. She looked to her left, but couldn’t see Nicole.

“Surprise, sleepyhead,” Nicole said, sitting on top of Elaine. “It was getting too warm and we hadn’t brought any lotion, so I was getting uncomfortable. Did you have sweet dreams?”

They hadn’t known how much time had passed. The tropical sun was no longer overhead and the temperature was noticeably cooler. Nicole began to massage Elaine’s shoulders. “You’re way too stressed, Elaine. You need to go on vacation more often.”

“I need a job first,” Elaine replied, resting her head against her arms and enjoying Nicole’s gentle massage. “No, I’m not going to beg my parents for vacation money. I have to earn my way.”

“That seems like a waste,” Nicole replied. “Money is meant to be spent, and my parents can’t spend it quickly enough. Why make someone reinvent the wheel when we can buy them a car?”

That didn’t really make sense to Elaine, but she let it pass. She felt a sudden warmth surge through her body. Something pressed against her pussy. “Hey, what where you’re touching.”

“Hm?” Nicole continued to massage Elaine’s neck and shoulders. “Sore spot?”

“Nicole, stop.” Elaine continued to feel something slide against her crotch. She felt the sand shift. It was getting uncomfortable. “Nicky, get off me. Something isn’t right.” With her friend off her back, Elaine squirmed free of the slurping sand. She rolled aside, leaving behind a deep imprint of the front of her body in the soft, pale sand. Moments later, the sand quaked and the depressions began to fill in, returning the sand to a flat, shimmering surface.

“Wh…what does that mean?” Nicole stammered.

“Don’t move,” Elaine uttered.

The women sat still. Elaine, for the first time, noticed how soft the sand really was. It felt like nothing was supporting her weight and she was steadily sinking where she sat. She looked at Nicole, who was on her knees, also sinking into the warm, welcoming sand.

“We’re in trouble,” said Elaine. “We’ve got to go.”

They had no time to scramble around the unstable sand. Nicole hurried to the water, but her legs suddenly plunged into the sand. She yelled out, and Elaine grabbed her before she fell forward. The sand gave way beneath Elaine’s feet and she stumbled back, pulling Nicole on top of her. With a loud splat, the women landed awkwardly, entangled with each other. Elaine landed squarely on her back with the sand softening the impact. Nicole fell on top of Elaine. Both of her arms were stuck in the sand, pinning Elaine’s right arm to her side, while her legs straddled Elaine’s left thigh before also becoming stuck.

“This is kind of awkward,” Elaine remarked, breaking the tension for a moment. It was a much needed relief; she was sure she would’ve panicked if it weren’t for the quip. The situation was serious as ever, with Nicole’s weight pushing her deeper. “Listen, I think we’re in quicksand. Whatever happens, we need to stay calm.” Even as she said this, she felt the sand creeping up her torso. “I need you to get your arms free. Use my body to push yourself. Don’t worry about me.”

The next few minutes were intense. The sand sucked at their limbs and lubricated their bodies, rubbing against each other intimately, unintentionally. Their struggles were punctuated with moans and grunts, each woman’s movement pushing the other closer to uncontrolled arousal. Finally, both women managed to free their trapped arms and pulled themselves upright, but they were still in the grasp of cavern quicksand. With nowhere to go, and exhausted from their struggle, they could only watch as the sand consumed their legs. They held each other in a tight embrace as their thighs began to disappear into the soft sand. Elaine looked up at the opening, their only hope. Even if they could reach their scattered clothes to make a rope, it was too high, and getting higher by the second.

“Elaine, I’m so sorry,” Nicole sobbed. “This is all my fault. We shouldn’t have come here.”

“No, it’s not your fault,” said Elaine. “We’re in this together. We didn’t know. We can still get out. We just need to stay calm.” The sand quivered. As long as they didn’t make sudden movements, they may be able to reach a floating point.

“Maybe we can call for help,” Nicole suggested. They tried. The cavern echoed with their voices, and they hoped that someone out there could hear their pleas. The quicksand shimmered in the sunlight. “Elaine, we’re going to die here, aren’t we?”

“No, we won’t,” Elaine replied, but even she couldn’t see how they could get out. Their descent was excruciatingly slow. They had lost track of time. They were still only up to mid-thigh, but they were definitely still sinking. Suddenly, she felt something else cross her mind. This could be the last few moments of her life, and she was facing them with her best friend. Although she was naked, she didn’t feel vulnerable, not in the arms of her childhood friend. For no explainable reason, she closed her mouth over Nicole’s and gave her a deep kiss.

“What was that for?” Nicole asked in a soft voice. “I didn’t know you swung that way.”

“I don’t,” Elaine replied. “But for some reason, I’m feeling horny.”

“You too?” Nicole traced her finger down Elaine’s chest. “You know, in all the years we’ve spent together, I don’t recall you ever bringing a boy home.”

“That’s because, unlike you, I haven’t. My study and career meant more to me.”

“Mmmhmm.” Nicole kissed her softly on the cheek. “Let me show you what you’ve been missing out on.” She inserted her fingers into Elaine’s already-moist pussy, sliding in easily and sending a spasm of pleasure through Elaine’s body.

“Oh god!” Elaine cried, barely able to keep still. “You’ll make us sink faster!”

“I’d rather enjoy the time I have left,” said Nicole. She grabbed Elaine’s hand and guided down to her own crotch. “And if you’re going to leave me tense, I’ll make it extra hard for you.”

Against all wisdom, they fingered each other. Their movements stirred the sand and caused them to sink deeper, but in that moment it didn’t matter. It wasn’t a gesture of madness. They were calm, yet passionate, fighting against the grip of the quicksand yet opening up to each other. They kissed and caressed, and when the quicksand reached their hips, the sand continued to tickle their stimulated, sensitive sexes. They breathed slowly and heavily, keeping their hands above the quicksand, fondling their breasts and stroking their hair.

“You’re right,” Elaine said. “I have been missing out.”

“Mmm,” Nicole replied, feeling a shiver of pleasure go through from her hips to her head. “You’re right too. I’ve been spending too much of my life without a care in the world. I slept around with the boys and sat in their fast cars, but I didn’t know what it meant to appreciate what I had. You held a job even though you didn’t need to. While I was at clubs and bars, you were working extra shifts. I never understood why you wasted your time like that, but now I understand. I was the one wasting my time.”

“No, that’s not true either,” said Elaine. She glanced down to see the quicksand reaching for her waist. “You were making the most of life in your own way. I…I was making the same mistake my parents did. They both held careers and worked their butts off to support the kids and made sure they had a future, but they didn’t know how to make us happy. They saw us break apart when we needed each other most, and we didn’t know how important we were to each other until my brother was killed.” Elaine shed a tear, and Nicole was quick to console her with a kiss. “I guess I’m the next one to go.”

“I wish I spent more time with my family too,” Nicole added. “After all these years, how many friends from college do I still keep in touch with? Two, maybe three. Most people are just in it for the thrills, and when the party’s over they disappear. I really treasure you as a friend, Elaine. I can’t imagine a better person to be with.”

They held each other and took in the moment. The quicksand pressed against their breasts, squeezing them together, fondling them as if the sand was alive. Elaine let out a soft giggle. “I guess the quicksand is enjoying your natural gifts,” she said, watching the sand cover her hard nipples. “You know, right before I woke up, I had a dream about you. We were back in the hotel room, and I was in the shower, and you walked in on me, and we showered together. It wasn’t dirty or anything. It’s just…we’d never done that before.”

“Once we get out, we will,” Nicole said. She stifled another moan. The sand was really having its way with her, but she was enjoying the feeling, and the company. “Elaine, have we stopped sinking?”

Distracted by their deep and meaningful conversation, Elaine hadn’t noticed that they had reached buoyancy. They were up to their breasts, but they were floating. In fact, it felt like they were treading on water. Despite this revelation, they still didn’t have a way out of the quicksand cavern. “What happens now?” Elaine asked. “We could be here for hours.”

Nicole rested her head against Elaine’s shoulder. “Remember that time we went skinny dipping at camp?”

Elaine did. She remembered a lot more as well. For the next few hours, they talked. They went back to their childhoods, sharing stories of their families and their holidays, and their misadventures at school, their favourite and most hated teachers, their relationships, their dreams. It was, in hindsight, the strangest time for pillow talk, and yet they were enjoying every moment of it. Despite the buoyancy, they had settled down to their shoulders. The sand was now beginning to solidify, trapping their bodies. “The tide must be beginning to leave,” said Elaine. “We might’ve been able to escape, if we weren’t stuck like this.”

“I really enjoyed our time here,” said Nicole, feeling surprisingly positive. “You know, after all this, I don’t feel afraid about dying.”

Elaine smiled. “Neither do I.”

At that moment, something flickered across the opening. At first they thought it might have been a bird, but the shadow reappeared. Something dropped down into the cavern on top of the trapped women. A rope ladder. They couldn’t believe it. Someone had come to rescue them.

They were naked, but they were safe. On top of the cliffs, the women had a beautiful view of the afternoon sun. Their clothes remained in the cavern below, but they were glad to be alive. Their saviour, Jonathon, the same young man who told them of the cavern, sat on a rock and smiled.

“You intentionally led us here, didn’t you?” Nicole asked. “Even though you knew there was no treasure. You risked our lives.” Despite their close brush with death, Elaine didn’t feel angry at Jonathon. Instead, she felt that he had something else to share.

“You are right,” Jonathon replied. “This was never a place of treasure, at least, not in the way you might understand. This is the place of great value. For generations, this cavern was used as a rite of passage. When we grew older, and more mischievous, we were put in this cavern and left to sink in the quicksand, and were only pulled out once we understood how to appreciate what we had.”

“And that’s what you meant by ‘Great Value’,” said Elaine. “The real treasure was the enlightenment that was reached. We understood what we valued most. We were never in any real danger, but the fact that we didn’t know meant that we looked at every moment in our lives like it was the last memory we would have.”

Jonathon grinned and nodded. “There is nothing of greater value than the relationships and memories we make.”
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Stephymink

Re: Place of Great Value

Postby Stephymink » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:28 pm

Beautiful story Viridian! At one point it reminded me of that Acid Tester pic with the two women sunbathing on a beach... sinking in.
The treasure was a cool idea as well.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: Place of Great Value

Postby PM2K » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Now that is an original take on quicksand. :D Great story, Viridian. :)

Return to “Stories”