Undiscovered Lands (Public RP for you to join)

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
tenenbaum

Re: Undiscovered Lands (Public RP for you to join)

Postby tenenbaum » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:03 am

Amanda sits up looks at Jason blankly, wearing her shredded clothes in an effort to save her last clean set for tomorrow.

"I was almost eaten by a plant," she says. "Eaten by a plant! That's insane! I work at a desk! I do PR!"

Amanda puts her hands through her hair and exhales deeply.

"Sorry," she says. "I'm really glad you're OK."

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:13 am

Jason puts his arms around Amanda to help calm her down. He can feel her body tremble from the incident.

"It's ok, it's over now. I wish I could have done more in the moment to help you. It just all got out of control so fast."
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

tenenbaum

Postby tenenbaum » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:15 am

Amanda nods and nestles close to Jason.

"Probably won't be the last time, either," she said, looking up at him and kissing his cheek lightly. "There's no way everyone makes it to the end of this."

glorfindel01

Postby glorfindel01 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:44 pm

Victors looks to emily and puts his arms around her and smile and says:
I do not quite understand the thoughts of people and less for women, I think we have had many problems, but together we can overcome this problem, I am sure, for example, without a rifle I'm sure, I never would have dared to help them two, I'm a fat, unattractive man, but I'm willing to do what is necessary to do the right thing, can you smile and move on with us?.We are a big family and we should we take care of each other,if you need to talk Emily I'm checking my equipment.I think we should have a meeting with all members of the group.
Victor will check your computer, when finished is going for the nearest woods in the camp and requests aid group to make a barricade, also asks the victor having the machete owner if I could sharpen a piece of wood to make a long spear

hawkmaster91

Postby hawkmaster91 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Thank you Victor, I'll come look for wood. Like you said we need to help and we are essentially a family. Just let me reload my gun before we go. I'd rather have it and not need it than the alternative. I also think we should have at least one more person come with us. There's an expression back home that my mom loves to say, bad things happen in threes. So far we had the quicksand, and weird plant. I like the idea of making spears, that plant took a whole clip of ammo, and i don't have a lot of ammo left. I used to play softball and football, I have a good throwing arm. If we need to, we could sharpen some smaller sticks to throw if the need rises.

glorfindel01

Postby glorfindel01 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:33 pm

I do not throw spears, but thanks to some of my ancestors from the Canary Islands and with the strength of my Basque ancestors, maybe will help, but first make a barricade, there may be more of a hazard in the forest and do not want to take chances.
Victor with a spear and machete sharpening his first aid kit fits the back, next to Emily is looking more wood

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:47 pm

Sorry for the long wait. Been busy and traveling and rarely online. But now let's continue...

Everyone was still a bit stressed about the events of the past day, but also exhausted from the hours of hiking through uneven terrain. It did not take long for people to fall asleep. The next morning they awoke to roaring noises made by some wild animal. It was a long distance away but it sounded immense. It did not take long for them to leave their tents, though some were still sleepy. The roaring sounds soon died down. None of them were quite certain what kind of animal it might have been.

Patricia was looking at the map, and they were to traverse the valley towards the great swamp. To her great dismay, this was the direction there wake up call had come from. She re-checked the map to look for alternative routes, but unless the would suddenly miraculously find the equipment to climb steep mountain and figure out how to use it, there really was no other feasible way. So, despite the uneasy feeling about what they might encounter, the group eventually broke camp and marched on. Emily kept her rifle ready, and Jason likewise never put away his machete.

They valley was wide. They were passing by forests and groves. There was also the occasional pond and a creek curving its way down in the middle of the valley. But mostly it was just tall grass, through which the expedition party created its own path. A large flock of birds rose from the forest on their left, then they heard that roaring sound again. Much closer this time. And something was moving between those trees. Something huge that seemed to push them aside. They could not believe their eyes, when it stuck its head out from between those trees. The creature looked like a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Actually there was nothing else it could possibly be. And what was worse, it was only a few hundred yards away and might already have noticed them.

What to do now?

A. Shoot the T-Rex (Emily only)
B. Protect others using the machete (Jason only)
C. Run down the valley
D. Don't move at all
E. Hide in the tall grass
F. Run towards next pond (~ 150 yards away)
G. Run towards forest to the right (~400 yards away)
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

glorfindel01

Postby glorfindel01 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Victor looks completely terrified to the beast he is unable to move because of fear
Wh...wha whatt we should do group?I...I'm scared.....

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Fri May 08, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tenenbaum

Postby tenenbaum » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:35 pm

"What?" Amanda whispered. "No way."

Her eyes started to tear up and her chest started to heave, on the edge of total panic and breakdown.

She crouches in the tall grass, trying to be quiet, too scared to run and looking up at everyone else.

Return to “Stories”