The Semi-Lucky Fishing Girl

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

Should Ayana recover her waders?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 18

The Semi-Lucky Fishing Girl

Postby 101927700 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:40 am

It was a hot summer day by the bayou. The flies and mosquitoes were buzzing, but Ayana did not care. She was going to fish in the swamps, which had been cleared of all reptiles. She grabbed her fishing rod and put on her chest waders. This would be a great day!.... is what Ayana thought. She headed down to a patch of the area which she had never been before because it looked dirty. However, she realized that, because she was in chest waders, a little mud didn't scare her. Ayana grabbed a stick to make sure it didn't get too deep. As she stepped in, things were looking good, as she waded through the moderately thick knee deep mud. However, just a few feet from the water, she sank up to her waist in the suddenly-thick mud. "Apparently, this mud is thicker by the water. Okay then...," Ayana said to herself. She cast her fishing rod, hoping to catch something. But, all she was catching that day was a ticket to losing her waders, since she sank to just a few centimeters from the tops of her chest waders. "I really don't want to get mud in these! I paid $150 for these!" she told herself as she stopped sinking. Amazingly, no matter how much she moved around, she did not sink further. "Good thing I didn't get any closer to the water! I probably would've had a one-way ticket to going under!" she anxiously joked as she contemplated how to escape from her sucking nightmare. After a few minutes of thought, she realized that the mud had thickened in the area around where her chest waders were under the mud. A lot. "As if I wasn't in enough trouble already!" she told herself. "I'll try digging." But this did not work. The mud formed a soft but impenetrable barrier in the area surrounding her waders, which allowed for movement, but not too far. "I wish I didn't have to do this, but... bye bye, waders," she told herself as she realized escaping with her waders was impossible. It took a few minutes for her to get out of the waders, but she did. "I am SO glad you did not fall over. Maybe I can come here in a boat and pull you out one day!" To prevent them falling over, Ayana gathered a lot of sticks, and propped them inside and outside the waders, so air could flow in. "Maybe the air will slowly pull them up," Ayana thought. Carrying her supplies, Ayana went back to her truck, and washed off from her muddy debacle. The day had mostly been a success, except for one thing: her waders were stranded in the mud. "I'll come back for them later," Ayana said, and she drove home.

Why is this called "The Semi-Lucky Fishing Girl" ? Two reasons:
1. She was not entirely lucky since she had stranded her waders, or caught anything.
2. She was still a bit lucky since she had not gone under or flooded her waders.

This is my first attempt at a story. Feel free to leave feedback in the replies. Personally, I am a bigger fan of chest waders than of other things to wear in the mud. Which is ironic, since in my personal mudding, I only wear wellies/hip waders.
Last edited by 101927700 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

bart1997

Re: The Semi-Lucky Fishing Girl

Postby bart1997 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:58 am

Last edited by bart1997 on Fri May 08, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 101927700 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:59 am

I think that by tomorrow here, I will decide if Ayana comes back for the waders, and if she does, if she successfully retrieves them.

Postby 101927700 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:08 am

Now, I have a poll for you to say whether or not you want her waders to be rescued. Whichever option has the most votes will win. I'll check back tomorrow.

The Semi-Lucky Fishing Girl Part 2: Wader Rescue

Postby 101927700 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:49 pm

It has been decided. Ayana will rescue her waders. So, here is part two.

Three days after the incident, Ayana decided to go and rescue her $150 chest waders from the thick mud of the bayou. For this, she put on cheap $20 chest waders, and went into the mud, seeing her other waders still there. Today, Ayana had come wearing rubber gloves as well, to dig her other waders out of the mud. As she stepped into the mud, she found that the knee-deep area that she had gone through yesterday had been a narrow line. The rest of the mud was sloppy and waist-deep. So, Ayana waded along, mud a few centimeters from the tops of her chest waders, and reached the stranded chest waders. "Well, at least they aren't gone," she told herself in relief. "Time to get them out." Ayana bent down, and grabbed between the legs of her chest waders with one rubber glove. She grabbed the tops of the waders with her other glove, and pulled. As she pulled, her cheap waders sank a bit deeper, and eventually were incredibly close to flooding. The other waders were only knee-deep now. "Come on, waders. Don't let me down now!" Ayana whispered as she saw that her cheap waders were at the tops. In order to prevent flooding, Ayana decided to dig her other waders out instead of pulling. It got them out faster, but as soon as Ayana turned to drag the waders back to the bank, she sank a few more centimeters, and the cold swamp peat mud flowed into her cheap waders. Ayana shivered and screamed a bit, but after a few minutes of thinking about what to do about her flooded waders, she decided to move on, and adjusted to the cold temperatures of the mud. It was hard going in the squelchy peat-filled chest waders, but she managed to reach solid ground, even with her waders filled with peat AND dragging the other waders. "I'm going to have to wash off good this time!" Ayana told herself as she put both pairs of waders in the back of her truck. She washed off with the hose connected to her truck's water tank. Then, Ayana drove home, telling herself that if she were to go back to that place, she would bring a flotation device. The end.

I might make a part 3, or maybe the part 3 will be a different story. I don't know. Thanks for reading.

Postby 101927700 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:21 am

Ok, bringing light to my first QS story of mine here. Just so people who are new here can see an example of a beginner's story, and also so it can be more easily compared with my newer stories.

Musekal

Postby Musekal » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:28 am

I'm pretty sure your latest are still examples of a beginner's story.

Postby 101927700 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:34 am

Musekal wrote:I'm pretty sure your latest are still examples of a beginner's story.

You again? Hey, at least I've improved a bit. I find it hard to come up with what to write sometimes, but I'm getting better overall.

Return to “Stories”