Tessa's Exciting Wader Sink

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

Tessa's Exciting Wader Sink

Postby 101927700 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Tessa Watson, 25, had just graduated from college. She had a master's degree in wetland physics and geology, meaning that she knew how peat bogs were formed, what kinds of peat bogs there were, the structure of peat bogs, and a lot more. In order to learn about peat bogs, Tessa did not have to read a textbook. Instead, she had to explore the peat bog, and take samples of the bogs' layers to study their structure. This also provided an excellent excuse for Tessa and her classmates to take routine sinks in the bogs they were studying. And two years before she graduated, she and two of her classmates went on their most exciting sink of all time. This is the story of that day.

"Come on, let's get to the hole already!" "Calm down, we're nearly there!" Tessa had to calm her two eager friends, Jessy and Emma, before the three friends reached the bog hole. "Here it is. The majestic Bog Hole. Some people say this thick black stuff gets chest deep in some places. Because it's so thick and deep, that's why we wore chest waders and elbow-length rubber gloves here. So we can escape if we get stuck. Now, on 3, let's all step into the hole," explained Tessa. "3. 2. 1. Go!" The three girls jumped into the mud, sinking to their waists immediately. The bog released tons of gases from its bubbling surface. "What is that stink? Smells like someone farted in the mud!" asked Jessy. "That, my friend, is hydrogen sulphide and methane being released from the bog. You should know that those gases are in the bogs. You're the one that analyzed the core samples," replied Tessa. "You're right. Those gases are really bloody stinky. But that just adds to the feel of the bog." "Speaking of the feel of the bog, I can really feel this bog pushing on me!" complained Emma. "Gee, I feel like this mud is trying to eat me!" "Well, it might, if you keep struggling like that! Just relax, and sink deeper. Besides, breasts provide natural buoyancy in mud," said Tessa. "Well, I don't know about you, but I feel like we're getting a little too deep. We don't want to flood our waders in this thick stuff. We'd be toast!" said Jessy.

The three girls were approaching the tops of their chest waders. Three inches. Two inches. One inch. The mud slowly inched towards the tops of the girls' waders. "Does anyone feel like they're no longer sinking? I do," asked Tessa. There was a lot of gas bubbling up from the bog around Tessa's waders. "I feel solid earth under my feet." "Me too!" Jessy and Emma noticed this too. "We're lucky. If we had sank just two more centimeters, we would have been dead for sure!" said Tessa. "I've heard the stories of ancient Irish natives from the Stone Age that fell in these bogs. Their clothes filled up, and were never seen again," responded Jessy. "Ooh, a story. Good idea for talking about later, but for now we need to focus on our sink," said Emma. "She's right," replied Tessa. "This feels so comfortable. Like a sofa. I could be here all day, daydreaming about things," said Jessy. "Snap out of it! Focus on the sink!" responded Tessa.

For ten minutes, Tessa, Jessy, and Emma stood there, wader-deep in mud, relaxing, with the bubbling of the bog providing a nearly instrumental sound backdrop to the girls' sink. Then, Tessa broke the silence. "I can't bear this smell any longer! I need to get out!" said Tessa. "Us too," Jessy and Emma replied simultaneously. "On three, we pull ourselves out of the mud. 1, 2, 3!" The girls used the solid ground around the bog to try and lift themselves out of the mud. But it didn't work. "I keep trying to lift myself out, but all I get is sssck, plop! I'm stuck!" exclaimed Tessa. "I'm getting that too! The mud won't let us go!" replied Jessy. "Me too!" said Emma. "Ahh, now here comes the classic movie struggle," commented Jessy. The three girls tried different tactics to try and get out. Jessy leaned in random directions, which got her back to waist deep, but the suction would not allow more. Emma tried a more classic struggle, but this did nothing for her. Tessa tried to push on the mud to get herself out, but that only resulted in her gloves getting stuck. The three girls kept struggling with switching tactics, but to no avail. They thought they would be stuck there forever. Then, Jessy, the one girl who had managed to get waist-deep, came up with a solution. "I'll dig with my gloves to try and release the suction on my waders. Then I'll come around and help you," said Jessy. "That would be great," said Emma and Tessa. So, Tessa and Emma stopped struggling while Jessy dug. Eventually, five minutes later, Jessy broke the suction. Emma and Tessa heard the loud squelch, and yelled in joy. "I'll be right over to help," said Jessy. She was now able to extract herself from the mud, her chest waders and gloves dripping thick, black, smelly peat. "Emma, you first. You're lighter, so you'll come out easier. Jessy walked over to Emma. "Now, follow my instructions exactly," said Jessy. "Lean forward." Emma leaned forward. "Now, that should have made a methane-filled bubble behind you, which I will pop," said Jessy. She dug down the back of Emma's waders until she caught a whiff of the methane, coupled with a sucking noise. "You can now lift yourself out of the mud," said Jessy. Emma lifted herself out of the mud. She stood on solid ground next to Jessy, who was also looking at Tessa, who herself was looking at the two. "Hurry up and get me out of this stinking fart peat!" said Tessa. "Fart peat! Ahahaha! So funny!" laughed Jessy. She then realized Tessa was not joking, and hurried over to her. "Now, you're stuck in there pretty thickly. But I know how to fix it. Lean back a bit, and reach your glove into the hole that makes," said Jessy. "I-I can't. The glove won't move!" responded Tessa. "Then I'll fix it. Just lean back and I'll do the rest," said Jessy. Tessa leaned back, and Jessy stuck her glove down into the mud, until SQUELCH! The suction was relieved on Tessa's waders. "Thank you!" said Tessa. "No problem, Tessa," said Jessy. Tessa lifted herself out of the mud.

The three girls walked back to the campus, a hundred feet away, to be confronted by Abigail Okeson, another close friend of theirs. "Why didn't you wait for me? I was just going to join you!" inquired Abigail. "Er... Sorry. We just wanted to head out there and have a good, relaxing sink," said Tessa. "And why would that not require me?" asked Abigail. "We'll bring you next time, we promise!" said Jessy. "Okay. You better. Also, it looks like you sank to the tops of your waders. You do realize how dangerous that is, right?" replied Abigail. "Actually, it's not dangerous. Anyone who knows basic physics knows that humans could not drown in a bog. We're 65% water, so we are less dense than the peat. Plus, big breasts mean big buoyancy," she continued. "The reason that ancient people drowned in bogs is that they wore clothes that were denser than peat, so they sank. So, I suggest that for the next sink, we be more careful." The four 23-year old girls all had a common, unbreakable passion: sinking in peat bogs in chest waders.

That's about all I have to say. Thanks to bart1997 for giving me advice for how to write this kind of story. (By the way, that was a reply to my previous story)
Thanks for reading.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

joedeep130535

Re: Tessa's Exciting Wader Sink

Postby joedeep130535 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:15 pm

I don't know peat so to that extent I am fantasizing but I do like this story

bart1997

Postby bart1997 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:34 pm

Last edited by bart1997 on Fri May 08, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Part 2: Four Girls In, Two Girls Escape... But Only Two?

Postby 101927700 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:01 am

The following day, the four 23-year old girls, Tessa, Jessy, Emma, and Abigail, went out to the peat bog in chest waders. To prevent accidental sinking under, Tessa and Abigail remembered to wear life jackets inside their waders, but the life jackets were purposefully deflated so they could even sink.

"We're all ready. Time to go in," said Abigail. So, the four girls stepped in, one by one. Abigail, then Tessa, then Emma, and finally Jessy. "This mud bubbles.... it stinks so much! Then again, that's probably due to the hydrogen sulphide/methane mix that forms in these bogs. Anyways... ugh! It's the only thing I hate about bogs!" complained Abigail. "Yep, we discussed that yesterday," replied Tessa. "Also, this mud is so thick that we aren't even waist-deep yet!" said Jessy. "Yep. You're r- whaaoh!" The four girls suddenly sank to their waists. "Well, I guess I spoke too soon!" "Uh, hello? Don't you see that we're still slowly sinking? I mean, the mud is bubbling, and I can see the mud slowly climbing up our waders!" said Emma. "You're right. I can feel the pressure of this bog really... pressing on these waders," replied Abigail.

The four girls kept sinking, but slowly... deeper.... and deeper.... until they were all just an inch away from sinking over the tops of their chest waders. "Ok, I'm going to inflate my life vest." "Me too!" Tessa and Abigail inflated their life jackets, which stopped them from sinking any further. Interestingly, albeit not having life jackets, Emma and Jessy stopped sinking... at least, for 30 seconds...

"Uh... I'm sinking deeper. Like, this mud is less than a millimeter from flooding my waders," said Emma. "Me too," replied Jessy. "Hang on... I stopped sinking! And good thing, since any movement could result in my- AAAAAAAAAA!" At that point, Emma was cut off when she shook a bit, and sank over her waders. "Wow... this feels.... weird. My waders are filling with mud. It feels like a warm, slushy river flowing into my waders. I can feel the mud climbing inside them!" The mud had filled her waders up to her waist. "Well, I should be fi- AAAH! My waders are filling, too! This is the nightmare come true!" exclaimed Jessy. "Here, let us hold your hands. We have life jackets; they can support your weight," said Abigail.

Emma and Jessy's waders were full of thick, stinking, peaty mud. The only thing keeping them from sinking deeper was Abigail and Tessa holding their hands. "Your weight is too much. Sorry Emma, but we have to let you go," said Abigail and Tessa. As soon as the two girls released their grip on Emma, she began sinking again. "Bubbly mud! Bubbly mud! Can't fight the mud any more!" sang Emma as she sank.

After 3 more minutes of sinking, Emma reached natural buoyancy at her breasts. "Sorry Jessy, but we have to let you go as well," said Tessa and Abigail. Jessy sank to her breasts as well, and stopped sinking. "Hey, I feel like we're standing on a ledge," commented Emma. "Yeah, I can feel solid ground under my boots!" replied Jessy. "Just as long as it doesn't cave awaaAAAAAAAAYYYYY! Agh!" The mud collapsed under Emma. The natural buoyancy was lost, and Emma sank to her neck. "Can you help, Abigail? Tessa? My weight might be too much for you to have handled while also holding Jessy, but now that you're not holding her, maybe you can hold me," said Emma. "Ehh... sorry. We don't want to risk our lives more than we already have," said Abigail. "Okay... maybe the solid ground around this pit can help me," replied Emma. But, as she put her hands on the seemingly solid ground, it proved to just be damp, soft peat, and her hands sank in a few inches. Emma realized that escape was now impossible.

Accepting her fate, Emma stopped trying to escape, and relaxed, causing her to sink under. "No! Emma!" exclaimed Tessa. But, there was no hope. The hole around Emma's face filled in with partially clear water, disturbingly allowing Abigail and Tessa to see Emma struggle even more, and eventually release her last breath, causing bubbles to flow to the surface. The bubbles caused the water to be replaced with peat mud, and the only sign of Emma's last struggle was her last dying effort: reaching her hand up before the mud shook violently as the mud filled Emma's lungs, and then went limp. "We have to get out of here," said Abigail. "I'm not leaving without Jessy!" replied Tessa. "Jessy? Ah, she'll be stuck here forever, a lost cause. No need to worry about her." "No, you stay with me until I die, one way or another," interrupted Jessy. So, the three girls just stood in the mud, waiting, for 10 minutes. Eventually, Jessy said, "Forget it. I can't live with the fact I could drown at any moment any longer. I know that that's ironic, but..." Jessy stomped on her mud ledge, and it promptly gave way, with the bog sucking Jessy down more and more, until the mud covered her head.

Abigail and Tessa watched in horror as Jessy sank under, and they knew what was next, from the way they had seen Emma die. The mud thinned to a murky but partially transparent water, revealing Jessy, who was staring up at them, pleading. But, Tessa merely stared, and as if she had said "I can't", Jessy gave up and released her last breath. Disturbingly, unlike Emma releasing her last breath, Jessy giving in to the mud did not muddify the water, and so Tessa and Abigail watched in horror as Jessy let the mud fill her lungs. One last time, Jessy looked up pleadingly at Abigail, but she couldn't do anything. Jessy closed her eyes, and went limp, the mud filling in over her cold, dead face.

"Ok, we have to get out. We just saw two of our best friends die!" said Tessa. "Luckily, we were smart enough to bring life jackets. That way, we didn't sink over our waders, and didn't die," Now, let's get out of here. The nightmares are going to be strong tonight... and for the rest of our lives. Hopefully not, but... you know," said Abigail. The two girls pulled rubber gloves out of their pockets. "Wait! We could have reminded Emma and Jessy about their rubber gloves! We could have saved them!" exclaimed Tessa. "Maybe in 1000 years geologists will find this site and find their fossils," said Abigail. "Or maybe there's a chance that they faked their deaths! Maybe they had a filter installed somewhere in their mouths that allows them to breathe in that environment!" replied Tessa.

The two girls dug their waders out of the mud, and were able to climb out easily. "I really hope that they survived." said Tessa. "Me too," replied Abigail.
As if they had commanded them, Tessa saw a hand shoot out of the mud, and a mud-covered, topless figure climbed out of the mud. "I ain't dead! I was just messin' with ya!" said the figure. The figure wiped the mud from its face, and Tessa and Abigail recognized the figure as Jessy. "Jessy! How did you survive! We saw the mud fill your lungs!" exclaimed Tessa. "Well, back when I was only 12 or something, my lungs had a bit of trouble, so I got a second set of lungs, tucked behind my original pair. Since then, the original pair had its problems fixed. Now, I have an interesting ability: to switch which pair of lungs I am using. So, when my head went under, I just diverted the mud to the second pair of lungs. Which, admittedly, I am going to have to get removed. But, thanks to them, I survived," explained Jessy.

But, Emma found a way to survive as well. She had been born with the ability to filter air from what she was breathing, keeping out other materials. Scientists that had studied her at a young age found that she had the ability to create a vacuum in her mouth, and essentially eject any material that wasn't air from going into her lungs. So, to Jessy's surprise, after she was done explaining how she survived, she and the other two girls noticed a hand reaching out of the mud, and pulled a girl out of the mud. The girl was covered in mud, but very much alive. "Emma?" "Yes, Jessy. It's me," Emma was alive.

Celebrating, the four girls ran out of the bog, and returned to their college campus. But, before they entered the campus, they washed off in a creek that ran along the campus's windbreak. After they washed off, Abigail found a spare shirt in her pocket, and gave it to Jessy, so Jessy didn't have to enter the campus topless. After drying off, the 4 girls walked into their dorm rooms, and discussed what had happened that day. Later that night, they had a party celebrating the survival of the two so-called Bog Girls. The Bog Girls were Emma and Jessy. After the party, Jessy was sent to a surgery room to get her mud-filled lungs removed. Her original lungs remained intact. The doctors also sealed up the flap that she used to switch between pairs of lungs.

Fast-forward 2 years. The 4 girls, now 25, have graduated from college. They are all healthy, and they still explore peat bogs and mud in chest waders, albeit in life jackets and with just-in-case emergency breathing tubes. The end.

Thanks for reading. I've kept postponing this part until I could think of a good plot. In the end, I think it turned out great.

Postby 101927700 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:17 am

Any opinions on the new part of the story?

Ace

Postby Ace » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:51 pm

101927700 wrote:Any opinions on the new part of the story?

If people had them, they'd leave them. You don't have to ask every time.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:02 am

It was good reading, but to be honest I kind of got lost when it turned out the girls had mutant powers.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Postby 101927700 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:20 am

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12203
The finale to this story is in a new thread at the above link.

Return to “Stories”