DELETE THIS TOO

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

DELETE THIS TOO

Postby 101927700 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:24 pm

--- Trying to completely get rid of this story ---
Last edited by 101927700 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Ace

Re: How I write: The BTS of "Tirah and Abigail part 3"

Postby Ace » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:19 pm

101927700 wrote:this is not really a tutorial...

This particular tutorial will follow its writing process.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

In fact, it isn't really a tutorial...

K.

Also, hold on, professor. You gotta slow down for some of us D students in the back of the room here. So you mean to tell me that your process is basically to first think of something... and then write down that stuff that you thought of? You should write a book, my friend. People need to know about thinking of stuff and then writing it down.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:58 pm

101927700 wrote:I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. In fact, it isn't really a tutorial, but more like a story of the writing process for one of my stories

Honestly, if you're going to write tutorials-that-aren't-tutorials, I'm going to delete future BTS threads. This is a slither away from being off-topic fluff, especially if it's mostly about how you wrote ideas on your iPad (Step 1), your scat dilemma (Step 2) and a detailed step in how you hit the Submit button (Step 3). People don't expect you to write a tutorial, so don't force yourself to write one, especially if you have little experience or expertise in the creative writing process and you're still figuring it out for yourself. I encourage you to continue writing and refining your work instead.

TheWolverine79 wrote:101927700, I'm not in anyway poking fun at you. Infact, I think it's cool your sharing your writing process.

Not that anyone's ever asked, but if you're interested, I'll be happy to provide a commentary on my writing process for a selection of my stories.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Postby 101927700 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:18 am

Viridian wrote:
101927700 wrote:I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. In fact, it isn't really a tutorial, but more like a story of the writing process for one of my stories

Honestly, if you're going to write tutorials-that-aren't-tutorials, I'm going to delete future BTS threads. This is a slither away from being off-topic fluff, especially if it's mostly about how you wrote ideas on your iPad (Step 1), your scat dilemma (Step 2) and a detailed step in how you hit the Submit button (Step 3). People don't expect you to write a tutorial, so don't force yourself to write one, especially if you have little experience or expertise in the creative writing process and you're still figuring it out for yourself. I encourage you to continue writing and refining your work instead.

TheWolverine79 wrote:101927700, I'm not in anyway poking fun at you. Infact, I think it's cool your sharing your writing process.

Not that anyone's ever asked, but if you're interested, I'll be happy to provide a commentary on my writing process for a selection of my stories.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll try to avoid this kind of BTS. In fact, I realize that tutorials are not for me.

@TheWolverine79: I see how the tutorial could be hilarious, but as I said, I realize tutorials are not for me. Also, they were wearing pants inside of their waders, not just pants. The tutorial was never intended to focus on that originally, but I had wanted to use it as a plot element for so long, so I unintentionally made that the main focus of the BTS.

@Ace: LOL! I wouldn't consider myself a professor but thanks for the humor!

I might end up making a Minecraft animation of this story, complete with voice acting.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:08 am

Writing tutorials is very hard. Not only do you need enough experience and content to cover the subject, but you also need to be able to explain it in a clear way. You also have to consider your audience -- in the case of writing QS stories, this is a very, very small amount of people. The motive behind my guide on writing was twofold: one to challenge current writers to up their game, and secondly, I'm going to retire from writing at some point, and as one of the longest active writing contributors in the QS community, I created it as a service and legacy to the community. It wasn't a spontaneous, rushed endeavour, but the result of months of work and years of experience, both personal and professional.

Fixation on specific elements is a normal occurrence. I go through it often too, and I've scrapped dozens of stories because they proved to be unworkable with the way I had set up the story element (for example, a specific scenario like being caught topless, or wearing a particular costume). Many fetish-based writers like to include a secondary interest to add to the story, but combining elements can be very tricky -- in your case, scat, waders and quicksand. The fact that most of your stories are based around waders speaks for itself. Note, however, that you are in full control of your writing, and nothing is accidental. If you don't like it, don't post it. Take the time to make it better, and if doesn't work, start again. Better to spend more time writing quality material than to send out stories you dislike.

It's uncommon to see a new writer show an interest in thinking about the writing process. My offer to comment on one of my own stories remains.

Fred588
Producer

Postby Fred588 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:03 am

TheWolverine79 wrote:

I'd love to read your commentary Viridian. I think the more experienced writers should discuss such stuff to, as you said, preserve the art form. QS writing is relatively small, and anyone willing to teach the craft is most welcome!

@TheWolverine79: I see how the tutorial could be hilarious, but as I said, I realize tutorials are not for me. Also, they were wearing pants inside of their waders, not just pants. The tutorial was never intended to focus on that originally, but I had wanted to use it as a plot element for so long, so I unintentionally made that the main focus of the BTS.

I understand, i never meant any offense. I appreciate your dedication, and I very much respect your ability to take criticism so well. You are great example of humility and proper forum conduct. I'm am actually an author in RL, though nothing prolific or QS related. Please feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss writing and share idea's. That invite extends to all the community.

With respect to the last sentence above, is this of interest?http://www.quicksandfans.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11281
Studio 588 currently offers more than 2200 different HD and QD quicksand videos and has supported production of well over 2400 video scenes and other projects by 13 different producers. Info may be found at:
http://studio588qs.com
http://quicksandland.com
http://psychicworldjungleland.com

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:10 am

TheWolverine79 wrote:I'd love to read your commentary Viridian. I think the more experienced writers should discuss such stuff to, as you said, preserve the art form. QS writing is relatively small, and anyone willing to teach the craft is most welcome!

As an author I figured you'd appreciate it too. It'll be a good chance for me to revisit older pieces that have gone off the radar.

Return to “Stories”