Tessa in Terraformed Mars QS Part 1

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

Tessa in Terraformed Mars QS Part 1

Postby 101927700 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:10 pm

It was the year 3521. Mars had finished being terraformed just 5 Earth years ago. Tessa was on a tourist trip from the Titan colony to Mars, and with futuristic technology, it only took her a few hours in her personal travel pod. She landed at Transition City, where the Northern Ice Cap Basin Sea met the continent of Lequitua. Transition City was surrounded by mudflats, bogs, swamps, and marshes on land, making it nearly impossible to leave on foot. There were many floating bridges and amphibious roads to other cities that had no spaceports.

Getting off her ship, she rented a hovercar and went on Youmaysink Road, one of the many amphibious roads across the marshes.

"Come on! Don't run out of hydrogen now!" Tessa's hovercar broke down along a turn. She was forced to get out and walk back to the city. But the amphibious road had been fragile for a year, since it had been built, because it was for hovering vehicles. But, forced to walk, Tessa decided to take a shortcut through the marsh. She was confused about why it was a marsh, since the land looked covered with moss. But, stepping on the moss, she realized she was wrong.

Tessa's foot broke through the mica-like moss layer and instantly sank into knee-deep mud. She was wearing orange rubber boots, but they only filled and got stuck as she put both her feet into the mud. The mud was warm, thick, and smelled like lilacs.

"Perhaps this stuff isn't so bad!" said Tessa.
"My clothes have special cleaner threads because they were made in this city! I wish they had come with a thing to get me out of this situation, though!"

Part 2 will come next week. I hope you enjoyed this part.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Viridian

Re: Tessa in Terraformed Mars QS Part 1

Postby Viridian » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:29 pm

The setup and scenario is good, but you should post the story when it is complete, not in 1-minute snippets. As there is no sinking/quicksand in this part, this would be off-topic.

I advise you not to rush the writing process. You're not working on a schedule and releasing incomplete pieces will only disappoint your readers. If it's going to take you a week to write the next part, post the whole thing next week.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Return to “Stories”