No more secrets

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
tenenbaum

No more secrets

Postby tenenbaum » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:10 pm

I thought it was a bit odd that the first time I saw Mariah in a bikini was the first Saturday in January.

My small town held a polar plunge every year. It's a popular event where idiots like us donate some money to a good cause, then run into the river in frigid temperatures. People give you money because it's frigid outside, and they happily part with their cash to see people run into the river.

This year wasn't much of a fundraiser though. The mild winter meant it was 65 degrees outside. The water wasn't warm, but it wasn't freezing.

Still, a bunch of people from the community showed up, had hot chocolate on hand and were ready to make the most of it. I drove Mariah there, and she looked nervous the whole way. Her hair was up in a tight pony tail, and she wore jeans and a large T-shirt over what I presumed was a swim suit underneath.

It was a small town, and the fact we were dating wasn't widely known, so we didn't even hold hands as we walked to the event from the parking lot. Mariah and I graduated high school together, and now as seniors in college were home for winter break. The first week of break, we had started flirting. The second week, a couple dates. Now on week four, we were both starting to fret about soon leaving each other again, just as things might soon start to get interesting.

As we arrived, we saw lots of people from our small high school. We walked to a folding table, and a large man in a flannel shirt each handed up a plastic cup of beer.

"Here," he said, smiling. "Have a jacket."

"Cheers," Mariah said, raising the cup.

"Warmer than usual," I said.

The small talk was awkward, but after a few sips of a cold beer, that was certain to change. The river beach started to get crowded. Our nervousness started to melt away. A few beers later, Mariah's T-shirt was off as we watch some inebriated friends play beach volleyball, and my arm was around her bare waist, letting my eyes wander to how the black bikini top held her breasts. I leaned down to steal a kiss, and she didn't resist, parting her lips and kissing me back in view of everyone. I was quite a bit taller than her, so it wasn't subtle.

We stood around, my arm wrapped around Mariah's bare waist, my hand greedily seizing this opportunity to touch her bare skin. Her body was smooth, with my fingers holding onto the hourglass curve of her waist. I fidgeted a little, trying to play it cool.

An airhorn sounded. Time to get in the water. No one rushed to the river's edge.

Mariah, though, her brain floating in beer, started to peel off her jeans. I took off my shirt, and we walked to the river's edge, hand in hand. The large man in flannel announced that we'd go in waves, about 10 people at a time. In and out real fast, then back to the party. A handful of spectators hooted and hollered from behind us as a handful more people lined up to our left and right, ready to go in the first wave.

The river isn't a big one, and it's brown water lapped at our toes. It was chilly, even if it was warm for January. The river mud was soft on our feet. It'd usually be frozen this time of year. We started to laugh, nervous about running into the cold water. The other few people around us joined in, waiting for the horn to sound again. They were also young couples likely encouraged by the free beer.

Mariah squeezed my hand, and I looked down into her eyes and smiled.

"As soon as we're up to our butts, we'll run back out," I said.

She smiled back.

"All the way back to your car," she said.

The airhorn sounded, and everyone whooped. We held hands and started to run fast into the water, screaming from the cold and pushing our legs through the shallow brown water. We laughed and watched some of the other couples pull ahead of us, lifting our feet high out of the water to make it a little bit easier to move. The mud underfoot was thick.

"Gross!" Mariah yelled.

"I know! The worst!" I replied.

We had to go pretty far out, trudging through the water and mud, our hearts beating hard. I practically was dragging Mariah by one hand, helping her out. Everyone was smiling and laughing, screaming when the cold surface of the water rose up into our shorts and Mariah's bikini bottoms. We had gotten out to the other couples, and turned around, ready to turn back. Our feet were fully sunk into the muck underwater. Goosebumps all over our skin.

"Ew!" we heard the young woman far to the right of us yell. We all looked, she was maybe 20 feet away and holding her boyfriend's hand. "We're sinking into this stuff!"

If you looked closely, they were. And quickly. The water, once up to their hips, was climbing their bodies quickly. We all started to look around, unsure of what to do. The mud seemed soft from being churned up, but sinking in it?

"What the fuck, help us!" she screamed. "We're stuck! We can't move!" The water was churning around them, splashing.

I pulled Mariah's body in to mine and felt her hand wrap around my bare body.

"Jesus," Mariah said.

"I know, should we go over there?" I replied

I felt panic in my heart as I saw the woman's body slip further into the water. I looked to the beach, and the organizers didn't seem to quite understand what was happening.

"We're sinking, too," Mariah said.

"What?"

"We're sinking, too," she said faster. "We're sinking!"

She was right. The muck was thick around our legs, and our calves were soon surrounded by the mud. I looked down into Mariah's eyes, and saw a twinge of fear. I put my hands on her waist, which was at the water's level, and tried to pull up. But she was wedged in and wouldn't budge.

"No!" Mariah screamed.

"We'll be fine," I said calmly.

"No!" she screamed again, and pointed.

I looked. The woman's face slipped under the water as her boyfriend tearfully tried to pull up on her. I'll never forget that last look, her eyes so wide. I started to panic, looking around, breathing hard. The other couples had managed to swim back to shore. Then, the boyfriend's face went under and bubbles rose to the top.

The organizers were caught off guard and no one was coming their way. They never had a chance.

Mariah looked up at me. She didn't need to say anything.

We started to splash frantically. We were sinking fast. I wrapped my arms tightly around her body, pushing it up against mine, and pulled up on it. But it was no use. I could feel the mud rising past my knees.

"Help us!" I yelled to shore. "Help!"

I started to pump my legs, but we started to sink faster, churning up the mud underwater.

"Why are you so damn short?" I muttered.

The surface of the water teased the undersides of Mariah's breasts. The sucking mud was pulling on us. It was relentless. I looked to the shore and saw volunteers start to mobilize, but it was clear they didn't know exactly what they wanted to do. And most were looking in the direction of the other couple.

I was only looking up for a moment, but when I looked back down, Mariah's breasts were underwater. Her hands were on my shoulders, trying to pull up.

"I have nightmares about quicksand," she whispered. Her lips quivered. "You...you have to get me out of here."

But my hands had been pulling on her smooth body constantly in the few minutes since we noticed we were sinking. Volunteers on the shore were just now running toward a truck with a boat trailing behind it. The wouldn't be here soon.

"Oh God," she whispered as her neck dipped into the brown water, made muddier by our thrashing. The surface as about at my chest.

"You're fine," I said. "You're fine. I'll breathe for you. Stay calm."

"What?" she cried.

I looked into her eyes.

"I'll bend down and give you air after you go under," I said, trying to sound confident. I was about a foot taller than Mariah. It wasn't a perfect plan, but it might give us a few minutes.

"Ok," she said, nodding. "I trust you."

She probably didn't. Mariah's chin started to quiver when the water touched it, and she tilted her head back as far as she could, straining her face into the air. She parted her lips wide, taking in as much air as she could, as the muddy water flirted with the sides of her mouth.

She drew in a deep breath, and her face disappeared.

I waited.

It was so painful, but I wanted to conserve our energy. We were still going down. After what I thought was 20 seconds, I reached down to plug her nose with one hand and put my other hand against her bare ribs under water.

I took a deep breath, then plunged my face under the surface and tightly wrapped my lips around hers. I eased her lips open with my tongue, then emptied my lungs into her. I could feel her tiny body expand with my one hand, so I felt confident it was working.

I pulled my head back up and looked around frantically, trying to catch my breath. No help yet. Mariah's small hands gently kneaded my shoulders, letting me know she was still alive. I tried to wait a bit longer, filling my lungs again.

I plunged my face under again, finding her lips and filling her body with everything I had. I could feel her shaking, both from fear and cold, but I could also feel her lungs fill. Then I surfaced for air again.

This was going well, I thought, but I felt a twinge of dread when I felt water at the base of my neck. The mud was pulling down on my body, too. I didn't wait the 20 seconds this time. I took a deep breath, submerged, and pressed my lips to Mariah's. Her fingertips reached to my hair, stroking me, perhaps knowing there weren't going to be many of these breaths left.

When I resurfaced, I had to lift my chin up high to free my face from the water.

"Oh God!" I shouted, pumping my legs desperately and gasping, my eyes clenched shut, burning from the muddy water. "Oh God!"

Then, I was covered. I held Mariah's soft body close to mine under the water, our bodies buried deep in the muck. My nose nuzzled with hers as I held the air in my lungs, trying to wait until the last possible moment.

It must have been a minute. It felt like an hour. Mariah's touch of me grew a big weaker, but I couldn't hold in the air any longer. I quickly pressed my lips to hers, forming again a tight seal, and let out all my air.

Her body expanded again, but the air transfer wasn't clinical. She was kissing me back. Thanking me, even though I had nothing left to give. It was almost peaceful.

After I had exhaled completely, we nuzzled each other, just waiting for the inevitable. I stroked her hair underwater and she ran her hands up and down my back.

Her hands seemed big, though. And they started to handle me roughly, digging under my armpits.

They were someone else's hands.

Suddenly, we were yanked from the mud, pulled by a rope fitted around our bodies and towed by a truck on the shore. We both gasped loudly and desperately when our faces broke the surface of the water, clutching each other in a muddy embrace. Too shocked and confused to realize what was happening until we were lying on the river bank together, panting and gasping as onlookers cheered.

The other couple were lying nearby recovering, too, a lifeguard having revived them.

Mariah rolled on top of me, still panting, but smiling wide. She looked into my eyes and whispered "thank you." She leaned down to kiss me, and exhaled into me a little, grinning, for effect, the relief of the moment turning us both on.

The large man in the flannel shirt stood over us, smiling, and handed down a beer.

"So you two are dating, huh?" he said.

vrekandis

Re: No more secrets

Postby vrekandis » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 pm

Holy crap...that was awesome. ALL OF MY INTERNETS, HAVE THEM!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:36 am

Excellent! :D Great story, well told.

Cuthbert

Postby Cuthbert » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:14 am

Great story. Romantic and dramatic.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 pm

You're quickly becoming one of my favourite authors to watch out for. Cute romance and intense drama. The story was easily readable and well written, and tied together very well at the end. Great work!
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

tenenbaum

Postby tenenbaum » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:08 pm

Thanks, all!

Rusty Shackleford

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Very clever and enjoyable read!

Rusty

Return to “Stories”