Old Friend

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

Old Friend

Postby 101927700 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:18 am

Old Friend

Two weeks after Abigail had nearly drowned in tidal mud, she decided to test her boots again, but in a peat bog. By now she had decided to clean her boots off.
When she arrived at the bog, she ran down the road embankment to the edge of the bog. After surveying the bog for a few seconds, she stepped in. She sank to just past her knees on the first two steps, soaking the lower half of her blue jeans. And she went on, struggling through the bog. All of a sudden, Abigail felt a deep spot in the mud, as she sank to her waist. Now her jeans were completely soaked with peat bog mud.
Abigail was getting a bit scared now, as the bog had reached her waist and she didn't feel a bottom. She had been in the bog for around 10 minutes, with her current spot being about one minute of that. She tried to move, but that caused her to suddenly start sinking fast, as the bog slurped her down to her breasts, which the mud nicely outlined against her light pink T-shirt.
Abigail was feeling a little bit less scared now, as her breasts were causing her to be more buoyant. And then, Abigail felt the need to go to the bathroom... but she was thoroughly stuck. The fear did not cause her bathroom urge go away, and in five minutes, she could no longer hold it. Abigail pooped in her pants. Now the bog started bubbling behind her back... a lot. Gross, but seeing as I'm this deep in what might as well be quicksand, who cares... thought Abigail.
Abigail relaxed in the mud, listening to the bubbling, but also slowly sinking. She was jarred back to her senses when the mud reached the top of her shirt and touched her bare skin, and it felt cold. I think I'm going to die, and I can't do anything about it... Why did I decide to test my riding boots again, after nearly drowning last time? Abigail thought to herself as the mud climbed her neck.
Then, a mysterious voice spoke behind Abigail. "Hello, Abigail Okeson. I will be happy to be reunited with you shortly..." Abigail turned around to see the ghostly figure of a girl wearing chest waders, who she assumed had spoken to her. "How... how do you know my name? Who are you?" she asked the figure. "I know your name because I knew you when I was alive." Abigail was confused by her statement. "If I knew you, then who are you?" asked Abigail. "I am Tessa Watson, you know, one of your closest friends during and after college?" said the ghostly girl. "I have been haunting this peat bog for seven years... ever since I drowned in that exact same spot when I was 28." "Oh... ok then, hello again Tessa. I wondered why you had stopped coming over to my house." replied Abigail. "And now, I am kinda excited to be with you again, but I might miss the living world too... after 35 years here... Anyways, enough with the sentimental stuff now."
Abigail continued sinking into the mud. It reached her chin and then her lips. She took in a huge breath through her nose, before going under. She sprouted her hands up out of the mud, then released her body to it.
Everything went dark for a few seconds, and then Abigail felt herself rising from the mud. She was above the surface, where she saw her limp, outstretched arms rising out of the mud. "Welcome to the ghost world, old friend," said Tessa. "I stopped believing in ghosts long ago, that is until you showed up," replied Abigail. The end.

When I was writing this story, I all of a sudden wanted to incorporate it into a third part of my old Tessa series (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11267). This was not the ending I originally envisioned for the series, but it turned out nice nonetheless. It also ties two series together, which is held on by one of the characters in both series being called Abigail. The whole ghost part of the story was inspired by A-020's Ghost Hunter artwork on DeviantArt. One more thing, this story was originally going to have a positive ending, and so its name was Bogged Boots.
Thanks for reading, 101927700.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Return to “Stories”