The Mud's Next Meal

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

The Mud's Next Meal

Postby 101927700 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:20 am

The Mud's Next Meal

Brylie Watson had escaped drowning in quicksand twice in the last four weeks. She had lost two pairs of rubber boots to the mud, so she stepped up her game with chest waders.

Brylie went back to the spot in the mountains with the thick black mud. Today, she was wearing a white T-shirt, blue jeans, a hat, and a wetsuit in case her waders flooded. I'm going to show that mud who's boss! thought Brylie. She stepped into the mud, sinking to her knees, but her waders helped her plow through the mud a bit more easily... that is, for the first few steps.

Then, Brylie hit that middle spot where the mud got deeper. She immediately sank to her waist. You think this scares me? Well, think again! she thought. She swiveled her hips around a bit in the mud to stir it up more. Then she rapidly sank to the top of her chest waders. Shit's getting real now! Brylie thought as she started to get a little scared. These waders were going to have been for nothing! And then, it happened. Mud started to flow into Brylie's gray rubber chest waders. Ok mud, you win this time... Brylie thought, trying to contain her fear. After the waders were filled, she continued sinking. Soon she was up to her shoulders.

Brylie all of a sudden got the urge to go to the bathroom. No, body! Not the time! But her body was having none of it, and despite her best efforts, Brylie shit herself. What is it with this spot and me having accidents? And... poo can't help me get out of this mud! thought Brylie. She started searching for a way out, but there was none. She continued sinking, each inch just another part of the timer leading up to her drowning in mud. Actually, now that I've been in here for probably five minutes, this doesn't feel so bad. I'm still terrified as shit, but this mud feels nice. But wait, how can I get out? Oh no! Someone help me! I'm going to die here!

Fear was flooding Brylie's mind. She had no way to get out of the mud. The pit was too wide to latch on to solid ground. Then, Brylie remembered that she had kept her phone in her hat. Hashtag-Convenience! she thought. But there was no signal in this area. This fucking... WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE RADIO SIGNALS GO THROUGH MOUNTAINS?! she thought. Then, something caused her to plunge deeper into the mud way quicker, and soon, she felt the mud lapping her chin.

Maybe I won't be rescued after all... I might drown in mud! Oh, nature, please! I'm only 19! Brylie thought. She closed her eyes and tried to enjoy the ride under. As she felt the rest of herself go under, fear had taken control of her body. She released her last breath, letting the mud cascade into her lungs. She felt herself fade away, and then everything went black.

Originally, I was going to have Brylie call 911 and get rescued, but that turned out to make the ending way too long compared to the sink, so I just made it a grim ending.

Thanks for reading, 101927700.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: The Mud's Next Meal

Postby PM2K » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:33 pm

I liked this. Short and to the point, with hints of a plotline. :D

Re: The Mud's Next Meal

Postby 101927700 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:38 pm

PM2K wrote:I liked this. Short and to the point, with hints of a plotline. :D

I’m not the person I was in 2016.