Max Peril

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

Max Peril

Postby 101927700 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:02 am

Max Peril
Alright, I'm going to preface this story by saying that Max is 18 and Chloe is 19 according to Wikia.

Max and Chloe had been investigating an old barn to try to find out what happened to some of their classmates at their art academy. While Chloe was looking through a box, Max took a walk outside.

Walking down the dirt road that led to the barn, Max noticed a dark shape in the forest. Cautiously, she walked towards it. It appeared to be a flat piece of bare ground up close, with mysterious concentric cracks in it. Max stepped on to it quickly, one foot after another. It gave way under her feet, and Max sank to her knees in mud. Oh shit. I'm stuck! thought Max. She remembered her ability to rewind time, but she found herself unable to use it.

Max felt no bottom in the mud that was now soaking the lower half of her jeans. This shit is kinda cold! But I can't get out! Strange stuff. Max thought. The mud reached her thighs, and at that point, Max realized, This isn't just mud... This is quicksand like in the movies! Oh no... I won't ever be able to get out, will I? I wish I could rewind. "Chloe! I'm stuck!" Max shouted. About 15 seconds later, Chloe came up a few feet next to Max. "Whoa, Max! What have you gotten into? You're pretty deep in that mud!" Chloe commented. "It's not just mud. It's quicksand! Like in those movies made by Hollywood!" Max replied. Something shifted in the mud, and Max sank to her hips.

"Ok, Chloe, can you try pulling me out now?" "I can try." Chloe tried pulling Max out of the mud, but it didn't work. "Looks like you're seriously stuck. Can you try rewinding?" asked Chloe. "It hasn't worked since I've been in this mud. I don't know why," replied Max.

"This mud's seriously soaking my jeans. They are going to be so ruined if/when I get out," said Max. "Definitely. Do you even feel a bottom in that mud yet?" Chloe asked. "No, unfortunately not. I hope it isn't bottomless..." Max responded.

Suddenly, the mud started bubbling. Max started sinking faster. Soon she was at her waist. "Oh no... I can't even move anything in the mud now," said Max. Then, Chloe suddenly got in the mud and started digging around Max. "Chloe, what are you doing?" Max asked. "Rescuing you," replied Chloe. But, after a few seconds, Chloe's hands got stuck, and soon she had sank to her waist too. "Max... I don't think we're getting out of this alive... unless you become able to rewind at the last second," said Chloe. Max took a moment to think of a possible way to escape, but nothing came to mind. Suddenly, a muffled cracking sound came from the mud, and the two quickly sank to their breasts.

"At least we have some form of buoyancy for now. But the universe knows how long it will last," said Max. The mud was bubbling as if it were boiling now. "Max, we must be close to breaking into an underwater pond or something. That's how this mud formed. Shit's about to get real... real muddy that is," mentioned Chloe. Then, they felt the mud's density sharply drop under them. They started sinking faster. Soon, they were up to their chins.

"Max... it's been real hanging with you for all these years," Chloe said. Then, Max and Chloe went under. Darkness filled Max's vision as she held her breath, death seeming imminent.

Then, she felt something weird inside her, like a power reactivated. Curious, she tried to rewind. Amazingly, it worked. She rewound time to right before she fell in the mud, staring at the surface of the mud. Not today, mud. Chloe and I will live another day. Max thought. For the memory, she took a picture of the mud. Then she returned to the barn looking for clues with Chloe. The end.

If this story seemed a bit "loose", it's because this is basically a quicksand fanfic for the video game Life is Strange. As evidenced by my earlier "The Alternate Story of Frozen", I'm not exactly the best fanfiction writer. But I try.

Thanks for reading, 101927700.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

ScorpionSplash

Re: Max Peril

Postby ScorpionSplash » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:55 pm

I love the game and I love this story. I'd been planning to do one of these myself. I love how her power comes in with the clutch. Like being near death caused her rewind to return. Great job. ^_^

Re: Max Peril

Postby 101927700 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:30 pm

ScorpionSplash wrote:I love the game and I love this story. I'd been planning to do one of these myself. I love how her power comes in with the clutch. Like being near death caused her rewind to return. Great job. ^_^

Haha :) great minds think alike.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Return to “Stories”