The Maiden of the Mire

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
DJlurker

The Maiden of the Mire

Postby DJlurker » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:28 pm

New one from me... Enjoy!

The Maiden of the Mire
By DJlurker

“Beware the Maiden of the Mire!”

The spindly old man moved his arms with a vitality that belied his physique, as he spun his tale of woe. “Those men who go into Anderson Swamp when the moon waxes full, shall be seduced by that evil spirit, lured to their deaths in the quicksand, where the same maiden met her end as a living creature! Me own brother fell for her charms, his hat found in the swamp the very next day…!”

“You’re full of it, old man!” A youthful voice broke in. The elderly man glared at the one who’d spoken up- a man in either his late 20s or early 30s, with short black hair, black eyes, matching t-shirt, faded blue jeans, and old sneakers.

“I’ve been to that swamp during the full moon before…” he thumped his chest for emphasis. “Do I look like a dead man to you?!”

“Y… you’re playin’ with fire, boy!” The old man shook his fist. “Just ‘cause she didn’t get’cha that time don’t mean she won’t take you in the next…! And didn’t your momma teach about respecting’ yer elders?!”

The youth rolled his eyes. “Of course I respect my elders- when they’re not senile fools!” With that, he turned and walked out of the bar…

Later that night…

The moon hung in the sky, not quite full, but close, as the young man worked his way through Anderson Swamp, following a path known only to him… Soon, he arrived in a small clearing with a large tree on one side. Leaning back against the tree, he closed his eyes, and waited…

“Hello, my love.”

Opening his eyes, the man smiled at the woman who had appeared before him. At first glance, she looked as if she could indeed be a ghost- She had long white hair, red eyes, and pale skin, wearing a lustrous white evening gown that seemed cut to emphasize her average bosom, and matching opera gloves. However, a closer look showed that she was completely corporeal, not transparent or even translucent. She did not float, but stood firmly on the ground- there was even a trail of footprints left by her sandaled feet, showing where she’d emerged from the depths of the swamp. A white purse was slung over her shoulder.

“Hey there,” he responded. “Sorry for moving our date up… they said it might rain the next couple of days…” She smiled and walked up to him, before draping her arms around his neck and swamping him with a romantic kiss. He placed his hands on her hips for balance, as he returned the kiss full force…
After a few seconds, she pulls back, gazing into his black eyes with a small smile on her perfect porcelain face.

“I’m guessing that means you’re OK with that?” the man chuckled.

“Anything for you, my love,” she affirmed. The lady then turned to walk back the way she came. “Shall we, then?”

He nodded in response, and began to follow her down the trail…

As they walked down the old trail, side by side, illuminated by the light of the nearly full moon, the white-haired woman shuffled through her purse, eventually pulling out a cigarette and lighter.

Her lover made a face at seeing this. “One of these days, I’m gonna get you to quit,” he muttered as she lit up…

“Hmph,” she grunted before pulling the cancer stick from between her lips, blowing out a small cloud of smoke. “Not likely.” She took his right hand in her left, holding her cigarette in the other. “Besides, I know you think I look sexy when I smoke…”

“You also stink, and your lips taste better when they’re not stained with nicotine…”

She stuck her tongue out at him briefly in retort. “Deal with it.” She took a long drag from her cigarette, seemingly just to spite him… Blowing out a stream of smoke, she continued, “I also know it takes more than this to ruin our date- after all, it’s not that often we get together like this.”

“True,” the young man conceded as they continued along the trail…

By the time they had reached their destination, the lady’s cigarette had burned down, so she flicked off the remaining ash and put the stub back in her purse.

Their destination was another clearing, but larger, mostly due to the fact that there was a large pit of dark brown quicksand here… The moonlight reflecting off the surface made the hazard obvious, though the couple still walked up to the edge.

“Here we are,” the maiden declared. “Did you want to go in clothed, or naked?”

“Clothed this time,” he responded.

She smiled at him knowingly. “You just love watching me sink in my dress, don’t you?”

“What red-blooded man wouldn’t?”

“Touché,” she conceded. Pulling out another cigarette, she lit up once more, before putting the lighter back in her purse, then setting it on the ground. Her lover sighed in slight annoyance, but made no further protest as he removed his shoes. The maiden slid off her sandals, before turning to face him, a halo of smoke surrounding her as she held her cigarette between the fingers of her right hand, reaching out her other hand to him. “Ready, my love?”

“As always,” he affirmed, taking her hand, the couple turning to face the quicksand bog, before stepping forward…

The two immediately plunge to their calves in the muck, but sink no further, as they slowly trudge out to the center of the pit… Then, the mud is up their knees, then their thighs, at which point they can walk no further. They then turn to face each other, shifting away a bit so they can watch each other sink…

The maiden watches as her lover’s erection under his jeans is swallowed by the muck. “It’s not fair… you get to look at my breasts for a lot longer than I can see your unmentionables…”

“Funny, you seem to prefer gazing into my eyes instead.”

She takes a quick drag from her cancer stick before responding. “OK, you got me. I do like your eyes… so deep and black, I could sink into them like quicksand… no pun intended.”

“I like your eyes too,” he supplemented, “so ruby red and so expressive… some people might be scared of such an unnatural color, but not me.”

“And that’s one of the reasons I love you.” Her smile widened as the man blushed slightly. “You look past the outer beauty, and consider the person’s soul within…”

There were no more words spoken after that, as the two slowly and silently sank into the soft, slimy, sucking quicksand together… The black-haired man didn’t bother keeping his arms above the surface as his stomach disappeared, letting them sink along his sides, knowing that it was a major turn-on for his girlfriend. The albino lady let her left arm sink in as well, feeling the muck squish between her gloved fingers… She let out a soft moan as her bosom began to float on the surface of the quicksand. She is amused to find that her lover’s gaze has shifted downward.

“Enjoying the show, are we?” she teased. “I knew you liked to look at my breasts…”

The man snorted slightly, “Well, of course, the way they get pushed up by the mud… what’d you expect?”

His girlfriend smiles, before taking a long drag off her cigarette… her long white hair was starting to spread over the surface, her nipples were poking hard against her white dress, which provided a sharp contrast to the mud’s brown hue… Her red eyes seemed to shine brightly as she met her lover’s gaze, her pale lips wrapping around the end of her cigarette…When she finally withdraws it, she is careful not to blow smoke into her boyfriend’s face… said smoke, combined with the soft moonlight, made her look more and more like the mystical spirit of legend…

The young man feels his erection throb as he took in the sexy sight before him… thankfully, the coolness and moisture of the deeper mud kept him from having an ‘accident’ then and there. He was caught slightly off-guard, however, when she abruptly closed the distance, pressing her lips against his… He was slightly revulsed at first, from the fresh taste of tobacco on her breath… but as their kiss deepened, he began to taste the hidden sweetness underneath.

After a minute or so, she pulled back, her act of leaning forward having stained the bosom of her dress halfway brown… It looked a bit weird, but still sexy to her lover. Her cigarette had all but burned down by this point, so she took one final drag, before flicking the ash off the end, and throwing the stub away.

“You’re going to pick that up later, right?” The man asked.

The maiden rolled her eyes. “Yes, I’ll take care of it. But, for now…” She leaned forward again, wrapping her free arm around his neck, before pulling him in closer… Soon their bodies are pressing against each other underneath the quicksand, the man’s erection pressing into the woman’s crotch, eliciting a grin from her…

The young man rolls his head around from the sensation. “Ugh… I’m gonna come before we’re ready if this keeps up- OW!!” he yelled as his lover pinched his side, hard.

“Does that help?” she inquired. “Last thing I want is you letting loose prematurely…”

“Ow… it helps,” he groaned.

“Good.” She began to shift her body from side to side, loosening the mud, causing them to sink deeper… she moaned in contentment as the quicksand crested the hem of her gown, bubbling into her slight cleavage.

Her boyfriend can’t help but watch as her mammaries vanish, before looking her in the eye once more. “We’re going all the way down, aren’t we?”

“Yes,” she replied simply, as they sank to the tops of their shoulders. “I, the Maiden of the Mire, hereby claim thee as my one true soulmate… to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, for eternity…”

“Oh, woe is me, I am doomed,” he lamented, though there was an obvious sarcastic undertone to his voice. “Like so many before me, I have fallen prey to the seduction of the swamp spirit… doomed to join my fellow victims in the depths of the quicksand pit…”

“Damn straight,” she grinned as the muck rose up their necks. “You’re all mine now…”As their chins dip into the mire, she pressed forward and kissed him, hard…

They maintained their kiss even as the the mire rose over their lips… they take one last breath of oxygen through their noses before the muck covers them as well… The gaze lovingly into each other’s eyes for as long as they can, until the quicksand blinds them, shivering as the rest of their heads sink under with a quiet slurp, only a few strands of the lady’s white hair remaining above the surface…

There was no light, no sound, nothing but the sensation of each other and the soft, gentle, full-body caress of the slimy quicksand surrounding them… they moaned into each other’s mouths as they continued their ‘last kiss’… The black-haired man’s erection throbbing, almost painfully hard, as he reveled in his lover’s body, as well as her soft bosom, covered in the soft fabric of her evening gown, pressing against him, and her gloved arms wrapped around his body, one around his waist, the other around his neck… the only thing keeping him from ejaculating was the residual taste of nicotine on his girlfriend’s lips, and their limited air supply…

Speaking of which, he didn’t think he could hold his breath much longer. He gave the ‘danger signal’ to his lover by pinching her hip slightly, just enough to cause pain… she grunted in acknowledgement, and loosened her grip so he could claw his way to the surface, herself following not far behind... Fortunately, they were actually only an inch or two beneath the surface, so it didn’t take much effort for them to pull their heads back into open air. The man gasped deeply as he emerged, filling his lungs with fresh, clean air once more. He was busy wiping muck out of his face when his lover emerged as well, gasping and then succumbing to a moderate coughing fit.

“And that’s why I keep telling you to quit smoking, “ he jabbed at her.

“(cough) Oh (cough cough) shut up.” She coughed for a few more seconds before regaining control of her breathing, before working herself back up to chest-level, her boyfriend following suit. “Well, that was fun, wasn’t it?”

“It always is, with you,” he agreed. Leaning back, he braced his arms on the surface as best he could as he began to move his legs up and out of the quicksand. She smiled knowingly as she did the same… Soon, two lovers were laying flat on their backs atop the quicksand. They took a moment to catch their breath, before turning over, and starting to crawl to terra firma. The path they chose meant that the lady was in front, allowing the young man a good view of her buttocks moving up and down as she crawled forward. His erection was hindering him slightly, dragging through the muck, but he managed to figure out a way to crawl without it getting in the way too much, half-knee-walking, half pulling himself forward with his hands… By the time he felt solid ground beneath him, his girlfriend had already pulled down her shoulder straps, sliding easily out of her mud-covered dress, before peeling her gloves off…

“Don’t keep me waiting, lover… I know this is your favorite part…” she teased him, putting one hand behind her head, the other on her hip as she posed seductively on her knees.

“Oh hell yes,” he responded with a feral grin, managing to pull off his pants and underwear in record time, despite his erection, before peeling off his t-shirt and tossing it aside. He advanced on the albino, only to find himself being gently pushed to the ground. “Hey…”

“It’s my turn to be on top, remember?” she gently reminded him.

“Oh… oh, right, I remember now. Sorry…” At least he had a good view of her naked, muddy body as she straddled him, and the two became one…

Despite their fatigue from escaping the mire, the sex was still pretty intense, if short… After recovering from their lovemaking, the couple made their way to the nearby river, where they took turns washing each other off... Afterward, they simply relaxed on the shore, enjoying each other's presence...
The young man opened his eyes, to see that the sky was beginning to lighten. The albino woman shifted away from him, before standing to her feet...

"I have to go now. The sun's almost up..." She felt the man grasp her hand, almost as if not wanting her to leave.

"I'll see you again, right?" he opined. "Same time, same place?"

"Of course you'll see me again, my love." The maiden smiled at him, as the sun peeked over the tree-line...

And she abruptly dissolved into mist, which dissipated over the river like the morning fog burning off. The man sighed to himself, before finally getting up and walking back to where he'd left his mud-stained clothes, at the edge of the quicksand... the maiden's clothes were gone, but her purse still sat where she'd left it. After making sure everything was zipped up, he tossed the purse into the bog, which seemed to suck it into itself almost instantly.

"You're welcome," the man chuckled, as turned to make his way out of the swamp and back to civilization. It wasn't every day that you found yourself falling in love with a supernatural entity, though it was somewhat mitigated by the fact that she'd once been human... betrayed by her lover, left to smother in the mire, begging for God to save her from her horrible fate... She'd joked that God had answered her prayer, just not in the way she'd expected...

(I wonder, if I die, will I be a spirit along with her?) The man mused to himself. (Or would she follow me to the afterlife?) Shrugging, he figured it didn't really matter. At the very least, as long as he was alive, the Maiden of the Mire wouldn't be luring any other men to their deaths in the quicksand...

~*Fin*~

So, were you expecting that twist at the end? ;) Or did you suspect it all along? Critique and let me know!
Last edited by DJlurker on Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: The Maiden of the Mire

Postby PM2K » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:57 am

Love it! :D I think you outdid yourself this time... :D

Rusty Shackleford

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Nice story, not at all what I was expecting. Very enjoyable read!

Rusty

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:20 am

Thanks for the compliments. I honestly thought the narration seemed somewhat awkward while I was writing it- guess we're all our own worst critics. :oops:

I'd had various versions of this story jumbling in my head for quite a while- in fact, one version eventually turned into "Evening Dress in the Swamp", all supernatural references removed. Another version had the myth be an urban legend passed around by college students, with one of them taking a dare to find the Maiden- only for it to actually be a normal albino woman. I'm not sure what motivated me to write the final version of the story, but if somebody other than PM2K (no offense) complimented it, I must have done *something* right. :P

Return to “Stories”