Swamp Run - Finished

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

Re: Swamp Run - Finish ... almost

Postby 101927700 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:39 pm

Just curious: after the race is over, will there be a second round i.e. another race, with new characters?

(Also, Abigail decides on Option b)
Last edited by 101927700 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

triclopse

Postby triclopse » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:50 pm

Michelle looks like she might not last until the end of the race, and Abigail has too much of a lead to overtake this close to the finish.
Triclopse decides to go for a hat trick.
Option A.

QSbender87

Postby QSbender87 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:19 pm

Tiffany sprints to catch up to Abigail after putting so much on the line. (Option B)

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:52 pm

Aiko arrives at the finish line on the quad bike. It is covered entirely in mud and peat, and so is she. She witnesses the final race between Tiffany and Abigail. Both are already past the murky ponds with Tiffany doing her best to catch up, but the gap between them is too large for her to come anywhere near before Abigail reaches the finish.

So the winner is... Abigail!! Aiko says "Congrats, Abigail! You just won the first Swamp Run. And here comes Tiffany in second place." Exhausted from the final sprint Tiffany passes the finish as well.

"Oh, and I see there's someone still struggling a bit back there."

Triclopse is holding onto both Michelle's wrists and pulling as safely possible. She is stuck chest-deep in the quicksand and the last thing either of them would need is for him to fall in as well. The suction is strong, but togehter they manage to overcome it. He pulls her closer and slowly up, her body re-emerging inch by inch from the deadly trap. Together they had towards the finish line. The others were already coming their way to help, but that was not necessary.

"Good. Everyone has made it through alive I see... not that I expected anything else... ehm... yeah... anyway, let's have a little award ceremony."

Now here is the official final ranking:
1. Abigail (46 minutes)
2. Tiffany (50 minutes)
3. Triclopse, Michelle (54 minutes)

Aiko once again fetches the little case that contains the signal gun she used at the beginning of the race. She pulls a ribbon out of it and there is a shiny little gold medal attached. Abigail accepts the medal, getting it muddy immediately as it rests on her peat-covered but otherwise bare chest. "Uhm... did you lose anything in those bogs?" Aiko whispers to her as she shakes Abigail's hand and congratulates the winner once more.

"Now, I don't have medals for second and third place, seeing how small the event is with just 4 participants, but I thought a kind of special extra award was in order for one of you." With that Aiko reaches into the case once more and presents another item - a golden badge with the inscription 'Swamp Run Hero'. She approaches Triclopse and attaches the badge to his muddy grey shirt. "That's for looking after the others. Thanks for getting everyone here safely."

And so the ceremony ends with everyone covered in mud and peat but safe at last.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Aiko

Re: Swamp Run - Finished

Postby Aiko » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:58 pm

101927700 wrote:Just curious: after the race is over, will there be a second round i.e. another race, with new characters?

Not immediately, but I intend to do this again some time. Possibly tweak the system a bit to make it less likely to have draws even if people do help one another. Maybe make that more difficult/risky too. I intentionally spared you all the details of the dice rolling action behind the scenes.

Also, if you have any suggestions for improvements for next time around, post them here.

H8ms2014

Postby H8ms2014 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:38 am

Aiko wrote:*snip*Also, if you have any suggestions for improvements for next time around, post them here.

Spectator interference ;) ?

Postby 101927700 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:57 am

Maybe a one-use life jacket... you can use it to escape one pit but then no more.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:50 pm

H8ms2014 wrote:
Aiko wrote:*snip*Also, if you have any suggestions for improvements for next time around, post them here.

Spectator interference ;) ?

101927700 wrote:Maybe a one-use life jacket... you can use it to escape one pit but then no more.

Those are both interesting ideas. Maybe there will be some sort of voting or other option for spectators to contribute next time around. Also, next time around runners won't be helping one another but definitely have other means to try and get free. The life jacket may be such an option, but I'm also considering something else...

ScorpionSplash

Postby ScorpionSplash » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:12 pm

Guess I'm late to the party. Seems fun though. I may have to participate whenever the next one is. ^_^

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:14 am

I'd love to participate in the next race.

Return to “Stories”