Blaire's Swamp.

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
ScorpionSplash

Blaire's Swamp.

Postby ScorpionSplash » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:50 pm

"Beware, beware the swamp of Miss Blaire. For her soul is relentless, her spirit is irate. Tread with caution for all who enter, never escape." Kelly said out loud followed by a loud laugh from her group of friends gathered around her laptop. They had gotten bored during a big sleepover so they looked up folktales and myths about their home town. "Hey Kelly, I dare you to go over there!" Said her friend Katie. Her other two friends, Chris and Sam, agreed with her. Kelly giggled slightly. "No way guys. I am not doing that." She said nervously. "What's wrong Kellz? Chicken?" Sam asked, hints of sarcasm in her voice. "N-no I'm not. It's just that swamps are gross. I don't want to get my new dress dirty." She said quietly. Katie, Chris, and Sam all groaned. "Ok guys that's enough. If she doesn't want to do it then she isn't going to do it. Just drop it." Shawn, Kelly's boyfriend said over all the talking amongst them. Kelly smiled slightly, she loved when he stood up for her like he did. "Come on. When we played truth or dare and you wusses out on all of them. You have to do this one." Chris said ignoring Shawn. "Yeah. Your always such a clean freak. Get messy for once!" Sam followed up.

Kelly blushed a little. "I-i don't think it's really nessesary though.." Kelly responded. Katie groaned again. "Look, if you do this then I'll go with you if your really that scared." She finally said. Kelly looked nervously at Shawn then back to Katie. "Kellz. You don't have to do this. Don't let them think you do." Shawn said to her. Sam rolled her eyes before Kelly said. "Fine... I'll do it. But you are coming with me Katie! I'm not going in that creepy place alone." The group cheered. "Finally." Sam giggled. "Let's get going then." Katie said, the group got up and they walked out of Kelly's bedroom, leaving her and Shawn. "Are you sure your going to do this? It seems kinda dangerous.." He said while holding her. "Look, I'll just go in there and shut them up. The worst that,l happen is my shoes get muddy... Although that is pretty bad." She said which made Shawn laugh. "You really are a neat freak." He said then kissed her which made her smile. "If we don't come out in twenty minutes, please come and look for us." She said then hugged him before they went out to join their friends.

The five drove through the night. As they drew near, Kelly looked out at the night sky noticing how dark and creepy it looked. Knowing the swamp would make it ten times worse. It was when Sam spoke up that Kelly realized she hadn't been focused on the road in front of her. "Look at that guys." Same said as she and everyone else looked up at a sign barely readable in the night sky. "Beware, beware the swamp of Miss Blaire. For her soul is relentless, her spirit is irate. Tread with caution for all who enter, never escape." Was written in ominous red writing. This made Kelly shudder for the closer they got to the swamp, the more the thought of this legend being true crept into her mind. "Hey Kelly, you ok?" Katie asked. "You look like you've seen a ghost." She added. She was serious but Kelly giggled slightly at the irony she felt. "No I'm fine, I'm just thinking about stuff." She responded. "Good. Don't want you to back out of this at the last minute." Katie said as they drove up to the swamp, which had a metal fence surrounding it. "Be back in twenty minutes or well come looking for you." Shawn said as Kelly and Katie got out of the car. "Yeah yeah Romeo I'll keep Juliet safe for you." Katie said as she joined Kelly at the entrance.

Kelly took a deep breath and the two walked in. The first thing Kelly noticed was all the markings on the trees that people had carved. "Blaire", "Miss Blaire", and "Never Escape" we're the more frequent ones. Katie caught her eye and looked with her. "Look at this Slender crap." She said with a laugh. Kelly nodded nervously and they kept walking. Finally they reached the part that Kelly had been dreading. They came upon the bogs. The ground below them turned damp and muddy. She sighed quietly. "This is so gross... It'll take forever to clean these shoes." She muttered just loud enough for Katie to hear. "Seriously Kellz, how are we friends? We're the exact opposite of each other." She said in a joking tone. "I just don't like mud ok? It's gross and I don't like being dirty." She retaliated back. Katie gave her a strange look. "That's not what Shawn told me. He said you love being dirty." She said then laughed. "Yeah.... Just kidding Kelly." She finished. Kelly rolled her eyes and giggled.

The two girls came across a small pond in the center of the bog. "You wanna go for a swim?" Katie asked. Kelly gave her a sour look. "Do you know what's in there? Probably a bunch of bacteria and creepy animals." She said sternly. Katie rolled her eyes. "Ok queen clean I get it. Let's head back." She said with a sigh. Kelly thanked her and turned around. "Uh... Which way to we go?" She asked Katie softly. She shrugged. "I thought you knew, I have no idea." She said in her usual laid back tone. Kelly grunted in frustration. "So we're lost?" She muttered. Katie nodded and walked off. "Follow. I think this is the way." She said over her shoulder. Kelly sighed and followed. "I hope you know where your going." She said. "Like I just said. I think." Katie replied. The girls walked through the dark swamp, Kelly losing track of Katie at certain points. "W-wait Kate. We need to stay together. It's hard to follow when it's this dark." She said. Katie agreed and walked over to Kelly, they held each other's hands, and they began walking again.

They walked though the dark swamp together, unknowingly sending deeper into the bog while getting more lost. "Ok stop. This obviously isn't the way. We need to turn around and try again." Katie said quickly. Kelly nodded and they turned around. Only to be halted when their feet refused to move. Kelly looked down to see the ground had become soft enough for their feet to sink into the ground. "Katie. Your buying me new shoes..." She said, obviously annoyed. While Katie was pulling on her legs. "Hey this is kinda cool. It's like standing in glue." She said ignoring Kelly. "Yeah but we don't want to be stuck. We want to get out of here before the others start to get worried." Kelly replied, thinking about how Shawn freaked out about her. "We're not stuck. This mud is just sticky. Just pull yourself out." She said, still pulling on her leg. Finally her left leg came free, unfortunately the sudden movement caused her to fall backwards. Instead of landing on solid ground, her body broke through the ground and plummeted into soft mud up to her stomach. Kelly yelped in surprise as Katie started giggling. "Well that was kinda fun. And maybe I'll get you dirty for once." She said quickly.

Kelly rolled her eyes again. "You get covered in icky mud and you laugh about it. I agree, how are we friends?" She asked. Katie tried to shrug but she couldn't move her arms. "Hey... I think I'm sinking." She said, the mud reaching her chest. Kelly yelped again, this time in fear. "Give me your hand Katie, I'll help you stand up." She said, holding out her hand, forgetting that Katie's hands were trapped. She sighed and reached her hands in to retrieve Katie's. "Eww! This stuff is gross!" She said as she grabbed Katie's trapped arms and began to pull. After pulling for two minutes, Katie's body was freed from the muck, bringing her to Kelly's depth. Now both sunk to their thighs, Kelly had unintentionally pulled Katie's body within centimeters from her own. Katie blushed slightly noticing how close they were. "H-hey there." Katie said trying not to sound embarrassed. "Too close for comfort?" Kelly asked with a small giggle. Katie just shook her head and looked down. "I think we're still sinking though." She said nervously. And she was right, the mud had claimed their thighs and was working its way up their hips. Kelly squeaked when she noticed this. "H-how are we going to get out?" She asked through a shaky voice.

"Hell I don't know. But we need to think of something soon." Katie replied calmly. "How are you so calm? We're sinking in mud! Not only is it gross but we could die here!" Kelly said frantically. Katie quickly calmed her down, being her best friend she knew how Kelly can get and how to calm her down easily. "Ok fine... But still what do we do?" She asked quietly as the quicksand reached their waists. "Well first, don't struggle. In case you haven't noticed, your struggling made us sink faster than we should have been. Then just wait. Unless this is some sort of Hollywood quicksand then we should stop sinking when it reaches our chests. But we'll still need to wait for help to come. This stuff is too thick for us to escape ourselves." She said. Katie had studied geology in collage so she knew a lot about quicksand. Kelly nodded slightly. "I told Shawn to come find us after twenty minutes. So he should be looking for us by now." She said.

"'All who enter will never escape.' maybe this is what that saying is about. Maybe this place is just full of quicksand. It is a swamp after all." Katie remarked, looking around in the dark swamp. Before either of them could say anything, the two were surrounded in a thick, illuminated fog. "Ok where is that light coming from? It was pitch black a minute ago..." Kelly said nervously. Katie nodded and looked around. "It's probably Sam trying to scare us." Katie said, rolling her eyes. "Hey Sam cut it out. We're stuck and sinking over here!" She called out. When she said that, a humanoid shadow appeared in the mist but looking closer at it Kelly realized it wasn't her friend. "K-Katie... That's not Sam..." She said, the color in her face draining. What stood before them was the ghastly figure of a tall, thin woman with luminescent white skin wearing a long white wedding dress appeared from the fog. Both of the girls said at the same time. "Blaire..." The figure approached them as they had sunk to their chests. They were stuck there to face whatever this spirit was there for. As the spirit reached the edge of the pit in which the pair were trapped in, the mud began to bubble and they began sinking again. Both of them screaming in fright as the mud quickly sucked them up to their necks before they stopped. "One of you shall be freed while the other will smother. Decide quickly." The spirit warned.

Both of the girls looked at each other in grim horror. "Y-you can't make us choose who dies! Please let us go!" Kelly said with tears in her eyes. The spirit stood not persuaded. Kelly began to panic again. "Kelly. Kelly! Calm down! it'll be fine. You get out of here, you deserve to live a lot more than I do..." Katie said quietly. Kelly shook her head. "Katie I will not leave you here. You are my best friend..." She replied, tears streaming down her face. "Kellz you have a family and a boyfriend that loves you and will miss you and I don't. I won't let you drown here and have them be heart broken. Nobody will miss me." She said sternly. The mud reached their chins now. "But I love you... And I will miss you. You can't leave me." Kelly responded quietly. "Decide who will die or you shall both perish!" The spirit proclaimed angrily. Katie looked into Kelly's eyes. They both nodded slowly. "Both of us..." Kelly said slowly right before her mouth was pulled under. Katie's eyes widened. "Kelly no! You need to-" was all she could say before her mouth was taken under. "Very well..." Blaire said as she turned away from the sinking girls and walked back into the fog. After she had dissapeared, the fog dissipated. The girls were left in the darkness of the swamp. Katie tilted her head back, bringing her mouth above the surface. "I'm so sorry Kelly! I should have never brought you to this stupid swamp!" She yelled out, her face flooding with tears.

Kelly, her eyes barely above the surface, looked at Katie depressingly. "Goodbye Katie... I love you." She thought. Katie looked over to her only to see Kelly's head slip under the surface. Her light brown hair left to float on the surface before slowly joining her body. "No! Kelly please don't leave me here! I'm so sorry!" She screamed while still sobbing. Bubbles rose to the surface from where her friend once was. "I'm sorry..." She said knowing nobody would hear her. Suddenly the surface stopped shifting and she stopped sinking. "No... Not now. After you take my best friend from me you think that's it?!" She called out, hoping the spirit would hear her. Finally she began to struggle under the surface causing her to begin sinking again. "I'm coming Kellz..." She said, her face slowly slipping below the surface. Her blonde hair joining her soon after. As she blacked out, the last thing she thought of, was the one poem that started this disaster. "Beware, beware the swamp of Miss Blaire. For her soul is relentless, her spirit is irate. Tread with caution for all who enter, never escape."

-FINN-

Stephymink

Re: Blaire's Swamp.

Postby Stephymink » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:00 am

Nice story. Thanks for posting it!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Nicely done! :D

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:50 pm

Just out of curiosity- was my "Maiden Of The Mire" story an inspiration for this one? :?:

ScorpionSplash

Postby ScorpionSplash » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:27 pm

DJlurker wrote:Just out of curiosity- was my "Maiden Of The Mire" story an inspiration for this one? :?:

No, I was aware that there were stories like this but I didn't take inspiration from any one person. :)

fear359

Postby fear359 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:22 am

Smoking hot. Well done, well done indeed

Return to “Stories”