All of my unreleased stories plus a bonus

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

All of my unreleased stories plus a bonus

Postby 101927700 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:50 am

Sorry if this seems a bit long or wall-of-text-ish, but...

All of my unreleased stories in one thread + a bonus

Well, I've been looking over my phone's notes, and found a lot of unreleased stories. So here they are, all in one post. I'm sure it'll be obvious for some of them why I didn't release them. They are in order of newest ones first, plus little descriptions of what the story was intended to be about.
REMEMBER, THESE ARE UNRELEASED FOR THEIR OWN REASONS, DON'T EXPECT HIGH QUALITY WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abigail's Short Story

This short story is written in first-person. Just so you know. Also, I tried to make it pretty short, because not all stories have to be long.

I was walking around on the Alaskan tundra wearing chest waders. Suddenly, the ground gave way beneath me, and I started sinking in mud. I thought to myself: "This is okay, Abigail. Just as long as I don't sink too deep..." Five minutes later, I was up to my waist. I was getting kinda scared, and the gas coming out of the bog did not help. Then, the pressure grew too great, and my face turned red as pee shot its way out into my waders. My jeans were soaked. Then my waders sank too deep and flooded. It felt very weird. I tried to get out. But I was stuck. Then I reached breast-deep. In a last ditch effort, I unstrapped my waders, took off my shirt and bra, and tied them to a stick. But it wasn't enough. The mud reached my chin. I was scared out of my mind. But I knew I couldn't get out, so I closed my eyes and tried to enjoy the ride down. A minute later, I went under. I tried to hold my breath, but after 30 seconds, I released it. As the mud flowed into my lungs, I thought back to all of the wonderful memories I had. I soon felt myself start to fade, and then everything went black.

Tessa in Trouble
A sequel to The Deadly Riverbank that turned out badly, and was not released.

September 13, 1993.
Tessa Hunston was watching a story on the news about a girl that drowned in clay mud on the banks of the Mississippi River, found by a ship, when one of the crew members saw a disturbed spot on the riverbank with what looked like a phone next to it. Then, she was shocked when the girl's name was revealed: Daniella Hunston. My sister! What a terrible way to go! "Her phone was found on the bank of the river too, with a selfie on it that she took while sinking to her doom." The screen changed to a picture of Daniella that she had taken while sinking. Oh no... How could this happen to me? At least I didn't suffer her fate, but still...

A week later, Tessa was fishing on the Mobile River at night, when she saw a tugboat coming up the river. Tugboats aren't supposed to come up here! This one must be lost in the fog! Then, a minute after first seeing it, there was a loud banging noise. Tessa started up her boat, and headed towards it. She reached an island, and decided to use it as a vantage point. Climbing out of the boat, she suddenly sank to her waist in mud. Driving a makeshift anchor into the island, she watched the tugboat back up. Then, to the left, she saw a faint light, and then it got brighter. Then, a passenger train faintly came into view, its headlight illuminating the bridge. Oh no! That must've been what that banging sound was! Then, the train's headlight seemed to veer off the bridge, and then a large fireball lit up on the east bank of the river.

The fireball was on the other side of the bridge - at least what was left of it after the train hit. All of a sudden, Tessa felt cold mud and water start to flow into her waders, which reminded her of her own predicament. Then, Tessa looked at the bridge, and realized the enormity of what had just happened. A passenger train had just derailed on the bridge that the tugboat had just hit. The fireball must've been the explosion of the train engines smashing into the riverbank. There were passenger cars on the bridge, but others were in the water. Looking to the end of the train, she saw people coming out of the rear door. So, Tessa tried to move to help, but she was thoroughly stuck in mud, and slowly still sinking. This mud was thick, sticky, and worst of all, was basically in the middle of nowhere.

Tessa was still sinking. Within a minute, she had reached her breasts. Now I know the terror my sister must've been in, on her last day on earth. Then, she heard a foghorn behind her. She turned around, and then a ship came out of the fog. She identified it as a coast guard ship. Good, maybe I'll be saved from dying to quicksand, unlike my sister... Tessa thought. But the movement of turning around caused her to sink more quickly. She was up to her shoulders. My time is running out... She started screaming, and then someone on the Coast Guard ship noticed her. "You'll be fine, just try to stay above the surface for a bit longer!" the person said. But Tessa wasn't sure. By now, the mud had reached her chin. In a last desperate effort, she unstrapped her chest waders and grabbed on to her boat's anchor.

Tessa pulled on the anchor as hard as she could. Slowly, she started to rise. But then, the anchor rope snapped, and Tessa sank back to her chin. But, she heard a faint whirring, and then a smaller boat came up next to her. Someone handed Tessa a line to hold on to, and the boat pulled forward to try to drag Tessa out of the mud, and it worked. With a loud sucking sound, the mud reluctantly released its grip on Tessa. She climbed into the boat, and she was taken to safety. The end.

This story is intended as a sequel to The Deadly Riverbank. I wanted to use the river setting again, so I chose the Mobile River. And then, the story of the Sunset Limited crash of 1993 popped into my head, as the crash was on that river. Then the rest of the story just came together.

Thanks for reading, 101927700.

Five Nights At Sinky's
The one-time FNAF QS fanfic that I ended up hating.

"Uh, hello? Hello? Welcome to your new summer job at Freddy Fazbear's Quick Sandwiches! I'm recording a tutorial for you, and first thing: those robot things move around in the dark... Something to do with the company not wanting servos to not lock up or something... Anyways, the architect of this place misinterpreted the name as Freddy Fazbear's Quicksand Witches. So he made the walls Halloween themed, and he also put many fake quicksand holes in some places. Now, if these animatronics see you after hours, they probably won't recognize you as a person, but as a plastic doll. So, they'll take standard company procedure and try to put you in a quicksand pit... And those pits are connected to slides into real mud, who knows how deep, somewhere in the basement. So, our solution is this: if you see an animatronic, or if one touches you, start talking, and they'll know you are a person. Just one problem: if, by chance you go into those pits and you go in the mud, design says that the mud is at least 6 feet deep, but it wasn't specific, you're a goner if you can't swim properly. Anyways, I should stop talking and let you start," said the recording on the phone. Anna Kalifax was on her first night as guard at Freddy Fazbear's Quick Sandwiches. She checked the cameras to see that the animatronic called Tonto was outside her office.

Anna said, "Don't sink me, I'm human!" But Tonto was apparently deaf, a fact which Phone Guy forgot to mention. So, she resorted to trying to kick Tonto away, but the animatronic grabbed her foot in mid-kick and started dragging her. As Tonto put her in a fake quicksand pit, Anna just accepted it and let herself drop. Then she remembered a line on the news posting about the open position:

"If animatronics put you in a pit and won't listen to you, find your gun." But Anna could not find a gun to kill the animatronic with. So, as she sank under the pretend quicksand, she felt her boots sinking into something. She knew it was the real mud. It climbed up her brown fur-lined boots, and she was stuck. Then, Anna noticed movement. Another figure dropped into another fake pit, landing next to her. She saw another girl sinking next to her. The other girl said, "This place isn't called Freddy Fazbear's Quick Sandwiches. It's called Sinky's Sinkpits!" "Good to know. That explains a lot." Suddenly, Anna felt the inside of her boots get weird, and looked down to see that the mud had claimed them. She heard bubbling, and saw that the other girl had gone under. "Good riddance! This place IS deadly!" Anna was now up to her lower thighs in the mud. The mud had taken her boots, and was bound to take her skirt now. The mud pushed her skirt up, and she felt weirdness and overwhelming fear as the mud climbed her legs.

Anna was up to her hips in the mud under Sinky's Sinkpits, more commonly known as Freddy Fazbear's Quick Sandwiches. Her brown boots weighed her down, and tried to take them off in the mud, but she couldn't. The mud held them to her. The more Anna struggled, the deeper she sank. She sank to just below her breasts before she realized this. But the mud dragged her down more, until her breasts made her float in the mud. "I guess I should wait for the day staff to get here in two hours," she told herself. So, floating in thick mud, she waited for two hours for the day staff to arrive.

"Let's start the day! Come on! Get the supplies from the basement!" Anna heard workers shouting above on the floor. Then, she heard steps on the stairs, and the basement lights came on, and a person walked in the room. "Hello there night guard. Tonto put you there, eh?" he asked. "Uh yeah, just get me out." There were ropes hanging from the ceiling that Anna couldn't see before. She grabbed a rope, and little by little dragged herself out of her predicament, leaving her boots behind in the mud. "I literally spent €250 on those! They were brand new!" Anna complained. "Lucky you, we have a mud drainage thing for those tanks." "You should've told me in the guidelines for the guard position!" The man pushed a button, and the mud poured into a depression in the floor. Anna's boots showed up as the mud drained away. "Now, I need to wash them before we can let you upstairs in them," the guy said. Pressing another button, the boots washed off, and Anna wore them out of the building, heading home. The end.

Now, obviously, this story's location and initial plot is based off of Five Nights at Freddy's, a game that if you haven't heard of it by now, I have a question for you: how big of a rock have you been living under? I also made this story way different. For once, it isn't outside, among many other things. I am learning how to be a good writer.

Anyways, thanks for reading,

Los Angeles Mega-Earthquake Quicksand Craziness

Title kinda speaks for itself. Basically, I was bored one night and let my imagination run wild.

It was a warm summer day. Abigail was visiting a beach in Los Angeles, California. She was doing what any woman there would do: lay down on a mat under an umbrella, and relax. But that day would not only change her life forever, but the lives of all of the residents of America's second most populous city forever.

At 1:39 P.M., the ground started to shake all across the county. People shrugged it off as a minor quake, but it was not minor. It quickly rose to a 6 on the Richter scale. The waves were going crazy. Car alarms were going off everywhere. Small pieces were falling off of small buildings.

Beach goers were quickly awakened by the shaking, as well as citywide announcements by police to evacuate immediately. Abigail was startled by the quake, and stood up to run. However, her and most other beach goers ran into a problem. The quake had pushed a lot of ocean water into the sand, and the shaking of the quake turned it into quicksand. Abigail and about 90 percent of all of the beach goers sank up to their waists instantly. And the quake was only getting stronger, now being rated as a 9.1. Abigail and the others all tried to get out, but the sand stiffened around them. Now, the palm trees were falling over, and the 10 percent who were not stuck got crushed by falling trees or collapsing storefronts. Abigail looked towards downtown. She saw the craziest scene of her life. The tops were falling off of skyscrapers, since the quake had hit 10.0 for the first time in human history. The tops of the buildings hit other buildings. Slowly, downtown L.A. was decimated.

Now, the quake was calming down, now only a 5.6. Beach goers were yelling for help. Except for Abigail. She was calling the U.S. Government for help, but the reply was always, "We are aware of the quake, and sending massive help to you. Thanks for your patience." Now, Abigail had to struggle. But each movement made her sink deeper. All of the others were escaping due to pure luck. The quake had now stopped.

Abigail was now the only one stuck. She was now chest-deep and still struggling. Breathing was now harder for her in the quicksand's liquid grip. And she was not prepared for mud, wearing only a tank top and miniskirt. She kept struggling, but eventually the mud liquified, and Abigail sank to her breasts. The mud thickened again, to the consistency of clay during a rainstorm. She was super scared. She had only come to the beach for fun, and now she was in great danger. Amazingly, no one had seen her. Abigail assumed that everyone had left, because it was also eerily quiet, except for the distant roar of a helicopter.

Could it be? Yes! The helicopter was heading her way! She would be saved! She relaxed, and waited. Eventually she saw the helicopter, appearing to be a FEMA helicopter. It hovered over her, causing a great wind. A person climbed down on a rope, who looked to be a U.S. Marine.

"Hello, miss. My name's Bart Griffin. No, I'm not from a Family Guy/Simpsons crossover. A cop saw your struggles, and called us. Anyways, time to go." The Marine pulled her up, the mud tearing off her miniskirt and pulling down/tearing her shirt. Getting in the helicopter, Abigail asked, "Where's the refugee camp?"

"In the Sierra Nevada range. It'll be cold, so we're giving you jeans, boots, socks, a jacket, and a new shirt," the pilot replied.

"If the men at the camp see you naked, they'll clamber all over you and potentially cause damage." Speaking into his radio, he said, "Refugee number 14,101,529 is ready for transport." Abigail had always seen this kind of scenario in action movies where a major city got destroyed, but had dismissed it as sci-fi. But this proved her wrong.

"So how are you going to wash me off?" asked Abigail.

"That sand is just tiny quartz crystals, so they'll fall off by then," replied another Marine in the back. Looking around as they flew out of L.A., Abigail realized the true extent of the quake. All of L.A. was completely decimated. There was just a sea of debris. Ripples in the ground could be seen for miles. A tsunami was heading for the coastline. The ground had even split into a giant ravine along the plate boundary. She could see that it was in fact a hole in the crust because she saw lava at the bottom.

"Just like 2012..." she remarked.
The helicopter flew to the camp. She was fully dressed in a winter outfit. The end.

I am still debating whether or not to write that tutorial. It could be useful for new writers to learn from. Anyways, this story did not take long to write. I come up with the names randomly. I based this story based on what I know about plate tectonics and one way quicksand forms. With each story, I try to improve.

Thanks for reading,

And a tutorial I posted a while ago when I had no idea how to write stories. I was so embarrassed by the tutorial that I deleted it and its corresponding story. Prepare for a lot of silliness.

Well, here's my tutorial on how to write my kind of story.

I'm going to break this process into phases, each one a part of the writing process.

First, the idea.
It can take me a while to get the general picture of the story I want. For example, "Tirah and Abigail: A Story Of Waders In A Bog". This particular tutorial will follow its writing process. I knew I wanted a story where two girls were stuck in a peat bog in flooded chest waders, and they poop in their waders. That was really all I knew about the plot, until I started writing.

Step 2: Drafts
This particular story went through multiple writing phases. I had the general idea, which I wrote in my iPod's notes app. Then, I started a draft. I came up with the introduction, linking it to the previous story. After that, I put ideas into the story in little scraps at a time for the first 3/4. But then, when I was at the point where the two girls were about to shit their waders, I decided to do that all in one segment. I thought of what they would say as they pooped in their waders. I went for generic strain/grunt noises. Now I had to think of their reactions. Initially, I was going to have both of them scream, "Oh! LITERAL SHIT!", but then, I decided that because they were already in peat mud that smelled bad, I made their reactions calmer, but more embarrassed. Then, about getting out... I'm not really that great at thinking of escape scenarios. But, aware of the difficulty of escaping mud-filled waders despite never being in that situation IRL, I made Abigail struggle to get out of the waders. Then, I wanted Tirah to be able to slip out of hers to help Abigail. So, here's a cut part of the story explaining that. "Tirah assumed that the poop in her waders would lubricate then internally. She was right. The stuff had spread evenly through the waders, lubricating them." So yeah. I don't know why I left that out, but it was probably because reasons. Also, some cut sentences from when she helped Abigail out: "Tirah said to Abigail, "The poop in your waders should spread evenly in them, making it easier to slip out. If not, see if you can slip out a few more of the brown chunks. That'll add even more lubrication."" So yep. After that, I did the rest of the story. Now ready to post, I loaded the draft.

Step 3: Posting
I loaded the draft into the thread creator. Checking over the post, I corrected mistakes and added the post-commentary. In fact, I might make a fourth part that might not entirely involve actual sinking, but maybe Tirah and Abigail would get interviewed by one of their friends besides each other about the sink in Part 3. Then, I clicked Submit. Done!

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. In fact, it isn't really a tutorial, but more like a story of the writing process for one of my stories.

Thanks for reading,

Yeah, I honestly have no clue why I thought that tutorial would be a good idea. But at least I kept it in my notes app so I could make a final decision on its fate someday, and that turned out to be this thread.

Next up are some unfinished stories, so cliffhanger warning!

The Farm Incident
My one and only experiment with writing a story about anyone in a slurry tank/poo storage tank. I don't know why I ever decided to even start the story.

Emma and Abigail were sisters working at a farm. They were responsible for making sure the slurry tanks didn't fill up. Therefore,every day, they had to go in the tanks with waders and life jackets.

One day, Abigail forgot to inflate her life jacket, and a few hours into the shift Emma told Abigail, "You're sinking a little low there."

"Eh, this pit is only, what, 10 feet deep? So it doesn't matter," dismissed Abigail.

So the two girls kept going around the slurry tank or a few hours. Then, all of a sudden, the slurry started flowing into Abigail's waders.
"LITERAL SHIT! My waders!" she exclaimed. Abigail was now sinking into the poop.

That's as far as I ever got. And due to that last sentence, I think we're all glad.

Watch Your Step
Yes, I kinda recycled this title from the Martian bog story, but this came first.

Kayla was walking along the beach of an island in the Maldives. She was wearing nothing more than a white swimsuit. It was high tide, and Kayla wanted to see what the island looked like. Then, she noticed an odd dirt trail leading into the jungle.

"What could go wrong?" she asked herself, and walked along the trail. Eventually, she saw the trail pass around a weird lower dark area in a clearing. She stepped on to the dark area, believing it to be just an area of darker soil. But it was mud, and Kayla sank to her knees. Confusion and fear brewed inside her. The mud was warm due to the tropical climate. Due to the elevation being so low to the ocean, the mud was not very thick, and the only reason Kayla was not sinking further was because she had hit a ledge in the mud. Not knowing this...

The Tidal Mud Was Hungry That Day
What was supposed to be the conclusion to the original "Tessa Trilogy", but never got finished.

It was a warm summer day. The four girls were now 27. However, a company looking to make housing space decided to drain the girls' peat bog. Of course, Tessa, Abigail, Jessy, and Emma were all annoyed at this. But soon they began exploring alternatives. There just happened to be a tidal mudflat nearby, which had much denser and stickier mud, while at about the same depth as the bog.

"It's worth the challenge if it means we can mud," said Tessa when she had introduced them to the mudflat.
"Just note: we don't have superpowers anymore. I got the extra pair of lungs removed, and that experience with the peat bog two years ago got rid of Emma's ejection system," said Jessy.
"So we're all equally risked." In the four girls' last excursion to their bog, they accidentally dropped their life jackets undeflated in the mud, so they were destroyed. Now the girls decided that they didn't need those things. So, they stepped into the shallow mud. It was certainly thicker and stickier, clumping to the girls' waders with every step, gradually making it harder and harder to walk with each step, sinking just a little bit deeper. Eventually, the girls were met with a surprise.

What the surprise is will probably never be known... Ok it was a deep spot, but if I wasn't saying this, only a few of you might've figured it out, I don't know.

Anyways, thanks for reading my unreleased stories. I'm sure you can see why they weren't released.

Thanks for reading, 101927700.
P.S. I've got a new story in the works involving an estuary in western Scotland. I won't spoil it any further.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Viridian

Re: All of my unreleased stories plus a bonus

Postby Viridian » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:38 am

Out of curiosity, do you use your phone to write stories?
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

tonygaton

Postby tonygaton » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:13 am

Hey, thanks for posting your unreleased work.

I was perticularly taken by the slurry sink. I've always had an interest in that area, ever since I stuck my foot in one as a child! It was actually a mound as storage was never strictly controlled in those days. I vividly remember just touching it lightly and instantly my foot slipped right in! Very messy trainer and a hell of a smell. I'm thinking my next story may well be along those lines. And the idea for short editions is great, thanks to your post. Keep inspiring :D

Postby 101927700 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Viridian wrote:Out of curiosity, do you use your phone to write stories?

I do, most of the time.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:35 pm

That may explain something. One of the things I frequently comment on with your stories is their short length, sometimes only 3-4 paragraphs long. If you're writing on a phone, this may look like a lot (and take a lot of work to type out), but in actuality is a very brief (and often incomplete) narrative. Do you not have a computer?

Postby 101927700 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Viridian wrote:That may explain something. One of the things I frequently comment on with your stories is their short length, sometimes only 3-4 paragraphs long. If you're writing on a phone, this may look like a lot (and take a lot of work to type out), but in actuality is a very brief (and often incomplete) narrative. Do you not have a computer?

I do have a computer, but my phone's notes app automatically saves stories to gmail. That way I have a copy of the story readily available on my PC if anything happens.

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:55 am

101927700 wrote:
Viridian wrote:That may explain something. One of the things I frequently comment on with your stories is their short length, sometimes only 3-4 paragraphs long. If you're writing on a phone, this may look like a lot (and take a lot of work to type out), but in actuality is a very brief (and often incomplete) narrative. Do you not have a computer?

I do have a computer, but my phone's notes app automatically saves stories to gmail. That way I have a copy of the story readily available on my PC if anything happens.

You may want to put that computer to good use. Sit down and read your story over a few times. Let it simmer in your mind. This is just personal opinion based on my observations, but you seem to be in a rush to get your story ideas typed up and posted right away. This rushed procedure you have seems to have caused your stories to become almost one dimensional. Your character, or characters have no driving qualities to make me interested in them at all. I posted series of stories quickly when I first began typing up my ideas and found that I wasn't all too pleased with what I had posted. I don't dislike it, I just feel like maybe I could've done more with my ideas had I sat on it for a while and read it over a few times to let the idea grow. That's the best advice I can give you. I don't mean to just come off as rude or act like my stories are Pulitzer Prize winners by any stretch of the imagination. I just hope you can start to improve on your story writing.
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:42 am

If you're worried about having a backup, why not use Google Docs? That automatically saves to the cloud server and you can sync with your phone so you can work on it on your mobile device or your computer. Or you could download the Google Drive desktop app and work directly from your Word document and it automatically syncs. In my opinion, you're gimping yourself by using the wrong tool for the job, and there's no real reason why you need to write stories on your phone. As a consequence, you're almost forced to submit rushed, short notes due to the limitations of your equipment - lack of editing, inability to write extended pieces, etc. This thread, while intended to be an anthology of unreleased/incomplete stories, is nearly incoherent.

I don't mean to discourage you from writing, but realise that many people *aren't* looking forward to your next submission. Sorry; that's the most realistic feedback I can give you. You've put up so many incomplete pieces in the past few weeks that we know what to expect. As Conspiracy pointed out, your stories and characters are 2-dimensional. Hinting that your next story is going to be in Scotland does not make us feel excited or hyped, because your stories have been nearly identical with names and/or places swapped out (as I've pointed out in your "template").

Remember, it's only been a week since your last submission.

Please surprise us. No one else is going to take your ideas and write about waders in Scotland. Make it a good one.

Postby 101927700 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:16 pm

Not an unreleased story; rather, the original version of Tirah and Abigail: The Story of Waders in a Bog.

This is part 3 of the series whose protagonist is Tirah.
t is August 2nd. One day after the previous story. This part features Tirah and her friend, Abigail (not the one from another story) going to the same bog as the last part, but in waders. So, without any further procrastination, here's the 3rd and final part.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tirah's friend, Abigail, had suggested that they both wear chest waders to the bog. Of course, at this, Tirah was incredibly excited to explore. "We can go anywhere in the bog!" she exclaimed when Abigail had presented the idea.

10 minutes later, Abigail and Tirah were ready to explore the bog.

"Let's do this! I've never explored a bog before!" said Abigail as they both took the first step into the bog. It was knee deep, squelchy, thick, sticky, and fun. "

This feels nice! Why haven't I done this before?" asked Abigail after a few minutes. Squelch. Squelch Ssscckk. Squelch. It required a bit of effort with each step, grappling with the muddy peat.

Eventually, after a few more minutes of squelching through knee-deep bog, Abigail and Tirah were met with a pleasant surprise as they both sank up to their waists in the peat.

"Tirah, don't you think this is a little... worrisome? I mean, neither of us have been this deep in our lifetimes," said Abigail when she had processed that they were waist-deep in the mud.

"And what is that smell?"

"That's the peat. I know that it smells horrible, which I especially hated when I fell in the mud yesterday," replied Tirah.

"You're lucky you didn't fall all of the way into the mud. The mud could have forced your head under, and that could've been the end of it," said Abigail.

A few more minutes went by. Abigail and Tirah struggled through the waist-deep mud.

"Are you getting tired? I'm not," said Tirah.

"Nope, I'm still energized," replied Abigail. Suddenly, Sllllurp! Abigail and Tirah sank deeper, up to the tops of their waders.

"Uh... Abigail? Are you a bit worried about... you know... the mud getting too deep? I am," worried Tirah. "

"Yeah. Well, it's late summer, so the mud shouldn't be too cold," replied Abigail. The bog gas continued to bubble as the two girls struggled. All of a sudden, Abigail sank over the tops of her waders.

"What the... AAAAAH! My waders are filling! It feels... strangely nice!" Abigail exclaimed. "At least it's not cold." Bubble. Bubble. With more bubbling, Tirah sank over her waders as well. "You're right. It's not cold. This also feels really nice," said Tirah.

"Ah... AAHHhhhh.... Great, I just pooped in my waders," said Tirah.
"Well, isn't that just greAAGhh... I just pooped my waders too. But they're already full of mud, so who cares?" replied Abigail.

The two girls stood in their sunken and dirty state, contemplating their options. Eventually, Abigail thought of a plan.

"I know! Why don't we slip out of the waders and walk out of the bog barefoot?" she asked.

"What, are you crazy? This peat is really thick! We could never slip out of them! Though, I guess it's worth a try," said Tirah in response.

"Ok, I'll detach my wader straps," they both said simultaneously. And so the two girls detached their wader straps. However, Abigail found herself struggling to get out of the waders. Although, Tirah was able to get herself out of her waders after liquefying the mud in her waders.

"Wow, this smells worse than before. Probably due to the peat, and all of the trapped gases," said Tirah as the mud filled the space in her waders that she had occupied. It took a few more minutes, but eventually Tirah was able to force her way through the mud and help Abigail out of her waders.

"Don't you think this is polluting?" asked Abigail after Tirah had helped her out of her waders.

"Because it's actually not. I ordered these waders from a special company that makes all of their products out of 100% bio-degradable material. So it's not polluting," continued Abigail.

"I wanted biodegradable ones, just in case something like this happened."

"Great news. Now let's get out of here," replied Tirah.

"But first, we need to plan. Do you have a waterproof GPS?" asked Abigail.

"Yep! And from what this says, we're 250 feet from where we parked. That's pretty close," replied Tirah. "Good. So, let's just run. The scientists around here have said that there are no hidden sharp objects in the mud. Also, the mud only even gets breast-deep. So it's impossible to go under," responded Abigail.

So, Abigail and Tirah ran out of the bog. Their shorts and shirts were covered in peat, as well as the lower parts of their hair.

When they got to their car, Abigail said, "Miraculously, no mud got into our shorts or shirts. Probably due to them being elastic. But, they're in no condition to be in the car. Which means..."

"Yeah. I know. Good thing our house is on the edge of town. That way, we won't be seen without clothes on driving. We should also put the clothes on the outside of the car so they can dry," replied Tirah. Then, they drove home. There, they discovered that the peat had gone into their clothes, so they were absolutely covered in mud. That's the end.

I hope you enjoyed this story. It took me a while to type this. Most plot ideas I thought of as I went along.
I prefer to make wader/rubber boot stories, because I feel like that's the only appropriate footwear for sinking, but that's just an opinion.
Thanks for reading.

This is the original version, complete with "accidents".

Postby 101927700 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:34 am

I feel like this story will never see the light of day if I don't post it here in its current unfinished form.

*straining noise* *squelch* *straining noise* *squelch*

West and Breanna were walking across a shallow estuary somewhere on the west coast of Scotland. The two girls were wearing new rubber boots; West's were pink, Breanna's turquoise. They had decided to cross the estuary in order to test their boots. Everything was going slowly until...

"Ugh, West! My boot won't come out!" Breanna suddenly exclaimed. "In fact, they're both stuck!" Breanna pulled on her left boot with all her might, but the mud would not let go. "Try digging," West suggested. Breanna started to claw away at the thick mud which was halfway up her boots. However, her arms quickly got tired from having to push against mud so thick. "It's no use. I'll have to take my foot out...." Breanna said. But, as she was about to put her bare foot on the mud, she decided to not do so, as she didn't want to have to clean her feet when she got home. "My boots can be muddy, but not my feet."

"Uh oh! My boots are also stuck!" West exclaimed as she found herself unable to move her feet either. Suddenly, the mud shifted, and the two girls sank further. The estuary was now threatening to swallow Breanna's boots completely. "I have no clue what to do. We need to get out of here before the tide comes, though," said Breanna, determination in her voice.

Return to “Stories”