Swamp Challenge RP! Aftermath (FINISHED!)

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Kimalainen

Re: Swamp Challenge RP! Aftermath (FINISHED!)

Postby Kimalainen » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:20 am

Viridian wrote:This is the inherent problem of being the master *and* the participant. You're unable to separate your character RP from the absolute decision making of the game master. At the beginning you said that you were not going to be biased for your character. The RP was carried out with what was "in your head" rather than any test of skill or luck. Your character wins. No one's going to believe that this was a fair and honest contest and participants are going to feel cheated. Even from a non-participant point of view, I don't see a point in having your own character in the race to begin with. In the end, it's another Tirah-shit-her-pants story.

Just lessons to learn if you plan on doing another one.

I agree. And I read a few of his stories. I don't know why he always writes about his characters shitting themselves. Nothing appealing about reading that.

Postby 101927700 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:30 am

A little off-topic from the story, but this is quickly becoming the most popular thread in the Stories subforum, at least in the amount of replies it's getting.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:33 am

The final result looks like a copy paste. There are the same flaws in it. No offense.

Postby 101927700 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:36 am

Jon Smith wrote:The final result looks like a copy paste. There are the same flaws in it. No offense.

I did basically just copy-paste everything together and make the transitions between zones work a bit better for a full story.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:38 am

101927700 wrote:A little off-topic from the story, but this is quickly becoming the most popular thread in the Stories subforum, at least in the amount of replies it's getting.

This is no surprise. RP threads are meant to get a lot of replies because, obviously, people are roleplaying. All the top threads are community-based.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:18 pm

I think we forgot something... So I give my silver medal to the robot.

Also, when I was reading the results, I felt I wasn't in control of my character. And that is not acceptable.

Jon Smith

Re: Swamp Challenge RP (Apps. through 12/24, race starts 12/

Postby Jon Smith » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:22 pm

And also I wasn't alone. Heres a few examples that happened:
101927700 wrote:
H8ms2014 wrote:Count me in.
H8MS
5'8"
Average build
Loves deep sinking, the deeper the better. Would like to enter, just to see how deep I can sink, and maybe rescue some DID :lol:

You did not provide the gender, age, or outfit, so I'm going to assume female, 18, and nude except for hip waders.

101927700 wrote:
Jon Smith wrote:
Kimalainen wrote:I am the only one left still alive who is stuck. I don't see how you could rescue a 2-ton robot from mud that is this thick.

Oh I'll find a way (I really won't be happy if I can't - as in won't get the chance to try anything). Trust me, you aren't going to stay down there forever. And if I am 100% confirmed dead, I should have forfeited and spectated. But woulda coulda shoulda is bullshit and is completely unacceptable to me.

Your life jacket nearly worked, but there was a leak in it that you were not aware of.

Re: Swamp Challenge RP (Apps. through 12/24, race starts 12/

Postby 101927700 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Jon Smith wrote:And also I wasn't alone. Heres a few examples that happened:
101927700 wrote:
H8ms2014 wrote:Count me in.
H8MS
5'8"
Average build
Loves deep sinking, the deeper the better. Would like to enter, just to see how deep I can sink, and maybe rescue some DID :lol:

You did not provide the gender, age, or outfit, so I'm going to assume female, 18, and nude except for hip waders.

101927700 wrote:
Jon Smith wrote:
Kimalainen wrote:I am the only one left still alive who is stuck. I don't see how you could rescue a 2-ton robot from mud that is this thick.

Oh I'll find a way (I really won't be happy if I can't - as in won't get the chance to try anything). Trust me, you aren't going to stay down there forever. And if I am 100% confirmed dead, I should have forfeited and spectated. But woulda coulda shoulda is bullshit and is completely unacceptable to me.

Your life jacket nearly worked, but there was a leak in it that you were not aware of.

Just more stuff for me to consider next time, now that the race is over.

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:34 pm

I feel the same way. I didn't get the option to look where I was going. And I have never considered that my character (Bumblebee) would run out of battery.

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Kimalainen wrote:I feel the same way. I didn't get the option to look where I was going. And I have never considered that my character (Bumblebee) would run out of battery.

The thought of this beauty getting involved in this situation is sad.

Return to “Stories”