Swamp Challenge RP! Aftermath (FINISHED!)

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

Swamp Challenge RP! Zone 2: Mud Flats

Postby 101927700 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:19 am

Alright, it is time! Compiling everyone's decisions from Zone 1, here is the story of Zone 1.

Zoey, Kimalainen, John, and Aiko take Route 1.
At first, Kim is way ahead, but the peat is so thick that he is slowed down, giving the others time to catch up.
A thin mist forms over the route. Zoey ends up walking a bit close to the edge of the path, and at one point, she slips, and falls right into one of the peat pits. She sinks to her chest before she's able to grab on to the ground again, and inch by inch pulls herself out.
A few seconds after getting her peat-covered body back on "solid" ground, Zoey hears a faint "Aaah!" up ahead. She continues up the path towards the sound. When the mist clears, it's John who also fell in. But Zoey decides she doesn't want to risk slipping in, and continues on. John sinks to his waist before getting himself out.
Kimalainen, towards the end of Route 1, decides to take a shortcut across a peat pit. However, seeing as the wet peat was 1/3 of the way up him, the moisture takes a toll on his legs' electronics, immobilizing him.
Aiko is close behind Kimalainen, and when she hears him end up immobilized in the mud up ahead, she takes advantage and runs ahead, being the first to reach the end of Route 1.
H8MS is running down Route 1 wearing nothing except hip waders. She gets a little tired and accidentally falls in the peat, sinking under without anyone knowing it.

Tirah chose to take Route 2.
She walks along the path with confidence. Around halfway, she turns her head around to see if anyone is behind her. No one else chose Route 2, it seems. But as soon as she turns back around, her left leg falls into the mud, ending up thigh deep. "Luckily it's just one leg in the mud, so I can get out easily." Tirah pulls her peat-covered leg out of the mud and continues to the end of Route 2. At the end of Route 2, she sees Aiko nearing the end of Route 1. She also sees Kimalainen immobilized in the peat a hundred feet back, and further back she sees Zoey and John.

April, Sonja, and Julie chose to take Route 3. Julie runs quite fast, but this comes with a price. She sees the turning point in the route up ahead, but she begins turning too early, and runs straight into a bottomless peat pond! It sucks her down quickly and eagerly. April runs by her, giving her a quick glance before successfully turning and disappearing behind a clump of grass. Sonja walks by about 30 seconds later. She looks down and sees Julie neck-deep in the peat. But remembering that rescues were not allowed, she continues on. As she starts turning the corner, she looks back, and sees Julie's golden hair disappearing beneath the bog with the peat bubbling, probably Julie's last breath. She continues on to catch up with April, who by now is covered in peat up to her waist.

So, here are the results of Round 1:
1st: Tirah (10 minutes)
2nd: Aiko (11 minutes)
3rd: Kimalainen (12+ minutes, potential DNF)
4th: Zoey and April (14 minutes)
5th: Sonja (14 1/2 minutes)
6th: John (15 minutes)
DNF: Julie, H8MS

The next zone is the Mudflat. Thick, sticky, and deep mud that is very difficult for the inexperienced to cross.
You have 3 options again:
1. Stay kinda close to the water (deeper mud, but less thick)
2. Middle ground (equally deep and thick)
3. Inland (Quite thick, but kind of shallow)
You have until 9 AM (Convert from GMT-7 to your timezone) tomorrow to choose. Here is a map outlining the different options for this zone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Aiko

Re: Swamp Challenge RP! Zone 2: Mud Flats

Postby Aiko » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:49 am

Aiko heads inland (route #3) to avoid the deep mud.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

IxelFate

Postby IxelFate » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:19 am

Shaken by her previous peril, Zoey opts to take it somewhat safe by taking route two. "Why did I enter this..? I haaaate mud!" She says while trudging through the mire.

H8ms2014

Postby H8ms2014 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:09 am

I'll take the long run #1 as that is my best choice for deep sinking

Postby 101927700 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:15 am

H8ms2014 wrote:I'll take the long run #1 as that is my best choice for deep sinking

Your character was killed during Round 1.

H8ms2014

Postby H8ms2014 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 am

101927700 wrote:
H8ms2014 wrote:I'll take the long run #1 as that is my best choice for deep sinking

Well how about my ghost :) I just looked at the map

Postby 101927700 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:21 am

H8ms2014 wrote:
101927700 wrote:

Well how about my ghost :) I just looked at the map

Sorry, but I don't do the whole ghost thing. You can be a spectator though :)

Postby 101927700 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:23 am

Tirah chooses route #2, knowing that her boots are tight enough to probably not come off.

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:43 am

I take route 3, thick and shallow. So I can be able to walk across the mud and not sink too deep, so I can pull my foot out each time without too much trouble. (Maybe even drive across) This time I have a much better potential. I have at least a 3 meter stride, so I can do it quickly.
Last edited by Kimalainen on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:45 am

I choose to take route 2.

Return to “Stories”