Swamp Challenge RP! Aftermath (FINISHED!)

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

Re: Swamp Challenge RP! Zone 4: Muddy Meadow

Postby 101927700 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:27 am

SinkerCutie wrote:
Jon Smith wrote:
101927700 wrote:
Kimalainen wrote:Aftermath?

That will happen.

So I can move onto rescuing

And Julie will unleash some of her anger on the one who made the no-rescue rule.

If there were less contestants, I would've allowed rescuing. But with rescuing and this many contestants, things would've gotten too crazy.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:06 am

101927700 wrote:
SinkerCutie wrote:
Jon Smith wrote:
101927700 wrote:

That will happen.

And Julie will unleash some of her anger on the one who made the no-rescue rule.

If there were less contestants, I would've allowed rescuing. But with rescuing and this many contestants, things would've gotten too crazy.

Four contestants already died.

Postby 101927700 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Jon Smith wrote:
101927700 wrote:
SinkerCutie wrote:
Jon Smith wrote:
101927700 wrote:

That will happen.

Four contestants already died.

I meant from the start.

SinkerCutie

Postby SinkerCutie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:35 am

101927700 wrote:
SinkerCutie wrote:
Jon Smith wrote:
101927700 wrote:

That will happen.

Still, Julie will be really upset with whoever came up with that.

IxelFate

Postby IxelFate » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:33 am

Everyone stop arguing, it's his own rules. It makes sense due to the amount of people. Why would someone change the rules mid race to factor in the reduction of players?

DJlurker

Postby DJlurker » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:00 am

At this rate, TC may just say 'screw it' and make BOTH finalists drown just to spite everyone for arguing over his rules... :evil:

Postby 101927700 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:02 am

DJlurker wrote:At this rate, TC may just say 'screw it' and make BOTH finalists drown just to spite everyone for arguing over his rules... :evil:

There will be one winner.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:10 am

I've only just tuned in to see this degenerate into a squabble about rules. Even though the event hasn't concluded yet, I'm chipping in my opinion for what it's worth.

Setting the rules is the creator's prerogative. There's no point in arguing over the rules; that only derails the topic and kills the fun factor for everyone involved. That said, it's important that the creator clarify rules at the beginning rather than making them up as we go along. Do bear in mind that this is his first time running this event, so cut him some slack for not covering 100% of the rules. This is meant to be fun first and foremost, so getting angry at the creator is only going to deter him (or anyone else) from organising these community events. If it makes you that unhappy, withdraw and sit out for the rest of the event.

That said, some of you aren't making it any easier and are going against the spirit of the competition. It is (supposedly) a randomly determined event where your skills and abilities don't have much influence other than in how you role-play. For those who are towing the line of "What? I can't drown because I'm a giant robot / wearing a life jacket / immortal / can breathe under quicksand": do you know complex it is to factor all these unnatural abilities in to what is meant to be a simple game of chance? It's hard enough running a race with a dozen people and writing up their events. These things run more smoothly when participants are consistent in their design. Having a character that has magic pads that prevent you from sinking is pretty much cheating and kills the point of the event.

However, with all that said, the creator has not been transparent in the process. The heart of this competition is in the randomness. It's exciting for the participants because they can't choose what happens to their characters, and it's exciting for the creator because they have to write a story around the numbers they get. Doing it "in your head" is not random. Unfortunately, it turns out to be a biased mess that breaks down in the same way this thread has because decisions are consciously made rather than randomised.

If you're unhappy with how it's gone, just let it finish.

After this one concludes, I might think about organising my own spin-off if there is interest.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Postby 101927700 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:18 am

Viridian wrote:I've only just tuned in to see this degenerate into a squabble about rules. Even though the event hasn't concluded yet, I'm chipping in my opinion for what it's worth.

Setting the rules is the creator's prerogative. There's no point in arguing over the rules; that only derails the topic and kills the fun factor for everyone involved. That said, it's important that the creator clarify rules at the beginning rather than making them up as we go along. Do bear in mind that this is his first time running this event, so cut him some slack for not covering 100% of the rules. This is meant to be fun first and foremost, so getting angry at the creator is only going to deter him (or anyone else) from organising these community events. If it makes you that unhappy, withdraw and sit out for the rest of the event.

That said, some of you aren't making it any easier and are going against the spirit of the competition. It is (supposedly) a randomly determined event where your skills and abilities don't have much influence other than in how you role-play. For those who are towing the line of "What? I can't drown because I'm a giant robot / wearing a life jacket / immortal / can breathe under quicksand": do you know complex it is to factor all these unnatural abilities in to what is meant to be a simple game of chance? It's hard enough running a race with a dozen people and writing up their events. These things run more smoothly when participants are consistent in their design. Having a character that has magic pads that prevent you from sinking is pretty much cheating and kills the point of the event.

However, with all that said, the creator has not been transparent in the process. The heart of this competition is in the randomness. It's exciting for the participants because they can't choose what happens to their characters, and it's exciting for the creator because they have to write a story around the numbers they get. Doing it "in your head" is not random. Unfortunately, it turns out to be a biased mess that breaks down in the same way this thread has because decisions are consciously made rather than randomised.

If you're unhappy with how it's gone, just let it finish.

After this one concludes, I might think about organising my own spin-off if there is interest.

I'd be interested in that.

In regards to the decisions, I think that if I do this again, I'll probably actually flip a coin or roll dice...

Kimalainen

Re: Swamp Challenge RP! Aftermath (writing in progress)

Postby Kimalainen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:26 am

I'm interested. And next time wont be a giant robot.

Return to “Stories”