Swamp Challenge RP! Aftermath (FINISHED!)

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

Swamp Challenge RP! Aftermath

Postby 101927700 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:30 am

Well, I went to justflipacoin.com, and I got "Tails". That has decided the outcome of this race... T for Tirah.

Sonja chose Route 1. Still covered in mud, and getting tired, she goes straight for the finish. She chooses to take a break at a stream, so she can wash herself off. However, as soon as she sets foot in the stream, she begins sinking into the mud. The girl is quickly pulled down. Soon she's up to her waist. 'Oh shit... Tirah's going to win! I'm going to drown....' Sonja thinks. Deeper and deeper she goes, panic rising. But when she's up to her chin, she's able to grab hold of a shoot of grass, and keep herself alive, at least for a few more minutes... And in the event that Tirah has finished somehow, she lets out the loudest, most high-pitched scream for help she can muster.

Tirah chose Route 2. The deep mud dirties Tirah's jeans more and more with every step. The mud mostly stays shallow, but at one point near the end, the mud suddenly gets deeper. "Aaah!" The young girl shrieks as she suddenly plunges waist-deep into the mud. During the race, she had been tuning out her need to go to the bathroom, but knowing no one is around to catch her in the act, she lets go, pissing herself without care. "I'm only doing this so I can warm up and not have to think about this anymore. This mud WAS cold...," the girl whispers to herself. Tirah struggles a bit, then is able to climb up into shallower mud and reach the end. "Well at least I.... tried? Where is everyone?" Silence fills the air as no one is at the end yet. "Did I finish WAY ahead of everyone or something? Has everyone left while I've been stuck?" Then, a blood-curdling scream fills the air. "SONJA!" Tirah rushes back down Route 1 to go and help her friend.

When Tirah reaches Sonja, she finds the girl up to her neck in the thick mud. "Hi... just.. Please help me!" "Anytime. But first... try slipping off your boots." Beneath the surface, Sonja somehow slips her boots off and lets them fall into the infinite abyss of the mud. "Now, hold on! I'm going to try to pull you out." Tirah and Sonja lock hands. Tirah slowly leans back as she pulls Sonja out of the thick mud. But Sonja's hands get slipperier with sweat, and she loses Tirah's grip, quickly being sucked under the mud. Tirah could've sworn she felt a massive poop enter the seat of her jeans at the realization of what just happened, but she's so tired that she doesn't know if she's hallucinating. So she assumes she was. Tirah runs back to the finish line. "I... I've won! I've won the race! But... where are the others? Oh no.... This was all my fault. 7 other people and a robot... All gone! Thanks to my race..... Well, I'm going to at least try to find them. She pulls her handheld radio out of her hair. "Hello, SCRP Helicopter Team? I've finished the race. I'm at the finish line. Let's go and look for survivors."

Within minutes, the helicopter team arrives. Tirah climbs on board. "Ok, Sonja and I were the only ones to make it to Zone 4. And she died right before my eyes." The team moves to Zone 3. "Over there!" Tirah sees a figure nearly submerged in a peat hole, with a very visible life jacket on. "It's another contestant! We've got to go and rescue him!" Then the helicopter gets low and close to John. They throw a rope out to him, which he grabs, and they pull him out of the mud. "Alright, that's the only other survivor of Zone 3 I know... And the only two survivors of Zone 2 that are still there cheated. One of them is immortal, and the other is a robot that doesn't need to breathe. We can at least get the immortal out, and the robot will require further operations to rescue." In a few minutes, the helicopter swoops low over the bottomless mud. Tirah spots a faint image of a hand reaching out of the mud. "It's Julie!" A rope is thrown. The hand grabs the rope and pulls. A mud-covered Julie appears. "You... YOU DID THIS! YOU DIDN'T ALLOW RESCUING!" "Girl, just be glad we didn't disable your immortality... then you wouldn't be saying that right now. And I think that's all the survivors." The helicopter returns to the finish line, dropping off its 3 passengers. "So.... First off, we all get "Survivor of the Swamp Challenge" medals. I get gold and you both get silver, since you didn't technically finish." Tirah puts the medals on the contestants. "John, you and I get a "Didn't Go Under in the Swamp Challenge" award." Tirah puts the medals on John and herself. "And I get the winner medal." Tirah puts the final medal on. "Alright, Tirah. I've just gotta ask you: Why didn't you allow rescues?" "It's because if rescues were allowed from the start, there would've been too much of a chance of a lot of people ending up tied for 2nd and 3rd place, like in Aiko's Swamp Run." "And speaking of other people, what happened to Sonja?" "She died right in front of me. I found her in a bottomless pit of mud up to her neck. But she slipped from my grip, and was sucked under forever." "Hang on a moment... What's that bulge in your butt?" "Oh... the poop was real." "What?!" "I didn't say anything...." "Moving on... Let's all go home."
And so it was. John, Julie, and Tirah all went their separate ways. The end.
Last edited by 101927700 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Re: Swamp Challenge RP! Aftermath (FINISHED!)

Postby 101927700 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:30 am

Kimalainen wrote:I'm interested. And next time wont be a giant robot.

Good.

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:50 am

My work is not finished yet. I return a few days later with a team of engineers and construction workers. We dig with several bulldozers, and we dig up the robot and lift it out with a big helicopter. We clean all the mud off of the robot and repair it, then bring it back to life. The rescuers abandoned the robot and it doesn't know that yet.

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:01 am

And when I find out... I feel sad and betrayed. But I am too friendly to do anything about it, like getting revenge.

Me and John confront Tirah. Since I can't talk, John explains it all as I just stare down at Tirah. And I just stare down at the heartless girl.

Postby 101927700 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:05 am

Kimalainen wrote:And when I find out... I feel sad and betrayed. But I am too friendly to do anything about it, like getting revenge.

Me and John confront Tirah. Since I can't talk, John explains it all as I just stare down at Tirah. And I just stare down at the heartless girl.

Like I said, if there weren't as many contestants, I would've allowed rescues. And, to be honest... if it hadn't been for the heavy machinery called in, rescue for you would've been impossible. So I don't exactly see how Tirah was heartless. Tirah felt sorry for ALL contestants that went under during the race. That's why I even had rescues happen at the end of the race. And it's also why Tirah literally shit herself when Sonja went under.

And the rescuers didn't purposely abandon you. They just knew they needed extra help if they wanted to get you out. Which they did.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:42 am

This is the inherent problem of being the master *and* the participant. You're unable to separate your character RP from the absolute decision making of the game master. At the beginning you said that you were not going to be biased for your character. The RP was carried out with what was "in your head" rather than any test of skill or luck. Your character wins. No one's going to believe that this was a fair and honest contest and participants are going to feel cheated. Even from a non-participant point of view, I don't see a point in having your own character in the race to begin with. In the end, it's another Tirah-shit-her-pants story.

Just lessons to learn if you plan on doing another one.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Postby 101927700 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:13 am

Viridian wrote:This is the inherent problem of being the master *and* the participant. You're unable to separate your character RP from the absolute decision making of the game master. At the beginning you said that you were not going to be biased for your character. The RP was carried out with what was "in your head" rather than any test of skill or luck. Your character wins. No one's going to believe that this was a fair and honest contest and participants are going to feel cheated. Even from a non-participant point of view, I don't see a point in having your own character in the race to begin with. In the end, it's another Tirah-shit-her-pants story.

Just lessons to learn if you plan on doing another one.

I did leave the last round down to the flip of a coin, but I can see how it might've seemed biased.

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:14 am

101927700 wrote:
Kimalainen wrote:And when I find out... I feel sad and betrayed. But I am too friendly to do anything about it, like getting revenge.

Like I said, if there weren't as many contestants, I would've allowed rescues. And, to be honest... if it hadn't been for the heavy machinery called in, rescue for you would've been impossible. So I don't exactly see how Tirah was heartless. Tirah felt sorry for ALL contestants that went under during the race. That's why I even had rescues happen at the end of the race. And it's also why Tirah literally shit herself when Sonja went under.

And the rescuers didn't purposely abandon you. They just knew they needed extra help if they wanted to get you out. Which they did.

We can at least get the immortal out, and the robot will soon run out of battery.

Postby 101927700 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:15 am

Kimalainen wrote:
101927700 wrote:

We can at least get the immortal out, and the robot will soon run out of battery.

Oh... I see the problem with that line now. Changing it.

Postby 101927700 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:17 am

And now, time for me to post the complete story, for the people that don't want to go through the 14-15 pages that are comprised of mostly arguments.

Runners:
Tirah (Female wearing jacket, jeans, and rubber boots, age 18)
John (Male wearing a nylon rainsuit + life jacket, age 27)
Zoey (Female wearing a white tank top, skirt, and black running shoes, age 22)
Aiko (Female wearing khaki shorts, a light gray blouse with red bikini underneath, black hiking boots, and a red and white bandana, age 30)
Sonja (Female wearing a cropped t-shirt, tight breeches, and knee-high rubber riding boots, age 29)
April (Female wearing light blue Spandex short shorts with a white sports bra and running shoes, age 18)
Julie (Female wearing "Shantae's Outfit", age is A REALLY BIG NUMBER)
H8MS (Female wearing nothing but hip waders, age 18)
Kim/Bumblebee (Robot)

In a remote location, 7 people and 1 robot are awaiting. "Where's the final contestant?" Then, out of nowhere, the final runner arrives.
"Hello everybody, my name is Tirah, and I'll be your host and a runner in this year's Swamp Challenge! Now, let's go over some stuff.
There are two primary rules. One: You can not rescue each other. Seeing as we have so many contestants, rescuing each other could lead to too many ties. Second, there is a river splitting the course. DO NOT CROSS IT. I'm warning you. Anyways, now it's time to go over each zone of the race.
Zone 1 is the Peat Bog. It has many shallow ponds with bottomless peat in them. Also, there many areas of bare peat - each one is 6' deep. So... If you're tall, you'll not be in any danger from those... but if you're shorter than... oh, 6'3, then you'll be in trouble if you sink to the bottom of those.
Zone 2 is the Mudflat/Estuary. It's just a big area of thick, sticky, and deep clay mud. I don't know how deep it goes, but I know there are a few bottomless spots.
Zone 3 is the Marsh. A few inches of thick moss above 10' of peat. There are occasional ponds and holes in the moss. So don't run too fast or jump too high, otherwise you'll be sinking to your doom.
Zone 4 is the Muddy Meadow. Knee-high grass with mud everywhere. There are many streams where the mud gets significantly deeper. Most of the Meadow is only 1-2 feet deep, but some spots have bottomless mud...
So now that you get the gist of it, time to begin!
3.... 2.... 1.... GO!" In the Peat Bog, the contestants have 3 options:
1. Most direct route, in between two stretches of bare peat. You have to watch where you're going, but it works.
2. Middle path, goes between a bottomless peat pond and a peat pit, but wider than #1.
3. Far path, longest route, but gives you the least amount of distance to cross in Zone 2

Zoey, Kimalainen, John, and Aiko take Route 1.
At first, Kim is way ahead, but the peat is so thick that he is slowed down, giving the others time to catch up.
A thin mist forms over the route. Zoey ends up walking a bit close to the edge of the path, and at one point, she slips, and falls right into one of the peat pits. She sinks to her chest before she's able to grab on to the ground again, and inch by inch pulls herself out.
A few seconds after getting her peat-covered body back on "solid" ground, Zoey hears a faint "Aaah!" up ahead. She continues up the path towards the sound. When the mist clears, it's John who also fell in. But Zoey decides she doesn't want to risk slipping in, and continues on. John sinks to his waist before getting himself out.
Kimalainen, towards the end of Route 1, decides to take a shortcut across a peat pit. However, seeing as the wet peat was 1/3 of the way up him, the moisture takes a toll on his legs' electronics, immobilizing him.
Aiko is close behind Kimalainen, and when she hears him end up immobilized in the mud up ahead, she takes advantage and runs ahead, being the first to reach the end of Route 1.
H8MS is running down Route 1 wearing nothing except hip waders. She gets a little tired and accidentally falls in the peat, sinking under without anyone knowing it.

Tirah chose to take Route 2.
She walks along the path with confidence. Around halfway, she turns her head around to see if anyone is behind her. No one else chose Route 2, it seems. But as soon as she turns back around, her left leg falls into the mud, ending up thigh deep. "Luckily it's just one leg in the mud, so I can get out easily." Tirah pulls her peat-covered leg out of the mud and continues to the end of Route 2. At the end of Route 2, she sees Aiko nearing the end of Route 1. She also sees Kimalainen immobilized in the peat a hundred feet back, and further back she sees Zoey and John.

April, Sonja, and Julie chose to take Route 3. Julie runs quite fast, but this comes with a price. She sees the turning point in the route up ahead, but she begins turning too early, and runs straight into a bottomless peat pond! It sucks her down quickly and eagerly. April runs by her, giving her a quick glance before successfully turning and disappearing behind a clump of grass. Sonja walks by about 30 seconds later. She looks down and sees Julie neck-deep in the peat. But remembering that rescues were not allowed, she continues on. As she starts turning the corner, she looks back, and sees Julie's golden hair disappearing beneath the bog with the peat bubbling, probably Julie's last breath. She continues on to catch up with April, who by now is covered in peat up to her waist.
Here, the contestants also have 3 options:
1. Stay kinda close to the water (deeper mud, but less thick)
2. Middle ground (equally deep and thick)
3. Inland (Quite thick, but kind of shallow)

No one took Route 1. Good choice, as all of Route 1’s mud is bottomless.
Zoey, John, and Tirah took Route 2. Zoey moves along at a pretty good pace until suddenly, she finds herself unable to move her legs and nearly falls over. She looks around, and realizes she must have accidentally deviated into Route 1. John sees her from Route 2’s real path, and calls out to her, but Zoey seems so panicked that she doesn’t hear him. “Whatever, she’ll get out on her own,” says John. He continues on across the mudflats. Tirah is having quite a difficult time, as the mud is just over the tops of her boots, which are quite tight and hold her down, especially with the mud filling them. She spots Zoey, now sunk to her shoulders in the mud. “I don’t want to risk my own life to save someone else,” she says, and moves on. A few minutes later, Tirah suddenly plunges to her waist in the mud. Luckily, she’s able to kick her legs and loosen the mud, getting back to normal depth. She is now more cautious of where she steps. Near the end of Route 2, Tirah sees John stuck up to his neck in the mud, but not sinking. “I wish I could help you, but the rules specifically say we are not allowed to help others. When everyone else is done, the race crew will probably come out and rescue you.” Meanwhile, Zoey has been sinking deeper. She’s tried kicking her legs, digging, anything, and nothing worked. She’s up to her chin in the thick mud, and knows she won’t make it. She raises her hands and slowly slips under the mud. Her hair is quickly eaten, followed by her arms. "Please... Somebody take my hand..." Zoey thinks, feeling her hand finally slip under the surface. As consciousness fades out, she can feel the movement of the runners on the surface. "How lucky they are..." She thinks as she finally blacks out for good.

Aiko, Kim, April, Sonja, and Julie take Route 3. Aiko runs ahead, fighting against the thick mud to try and get to Zone 3 first. Her run is mostly uneventful, except when she was passing by a bottomless area and nearly slipped into it. “That would’ve been the end for me… Luckily I spotted it and was able to dodge it.” She ends up being the first person to complete Route 3. Kim is also running as fast as he can, just focused on getting across the mud first. However, suddenly he begins sinking, and realizes there is a bottomless spot he is currently in. He is quickly sucked under due to his weight. April slowly wades through the thick mud, and her crossing is also uneventful. She finds Aiko at the end of Route 3, taking a break. But April is not as tired, so she continues into Zone 3. Now, Sonja and Julie are where it gets interesting. “I will have my revenge on Sonja for not rescuing me!” A peat-covered Julie runs as fast as she can, hoping to catch up to Sonja so she can push her into a bottomless mud pit. But without warning, the mud deepens under Sonja, who begins sinking. She struggles to escape until she’s up to her chin in the mud. Then, Sonja comes along. “You monster! You better not leave me this time!” “You’re alive?!” Julie reaches her arms out and pulls Sonja into the bottomless mud. The mud quickly sucks Sonja down, but Sonja is able to get her left boot back in the shallow mud. But Julie is still gripping Sonja’s right boot. “Why did you leave me to die like that?!” “We’re not allowed to rescue eachother, remember! And I’m Tirah’s friend! She texted me before the race, saying that contestants weren’t allowed to pull other contestants into the mud! Now LET ME GO!” Julie loses her grip on the boot as Sonja runs to catch up with the others. “I…. I wish… I wish Sonja would’ve just AT LEAST said something to me, like “Hope you get out,” or something! But… I guess it’s in the rules. I guess I’m the one at fault here… I shouldn’t have ran like that…” And with that, Julie slipped under. Beneath the surface, she could’ve sworn she felt a big robot buried down there, but she wasn’t certain. And then everything went black.
Tirah reaches the end of Route 2 at around the same time Sonja reaches the end of Route 3. Her boots and jeans are covered in mud. She takes off her jacket and throws it into the mud, revealing the T-shirt underneath. A wave of water comes up from the river and hits Tirah, washing her off and soaking her.
In the Marsh, the contestants have two choices:
1. Move a bit inland (thicker moss, longer route)
2. Stay close to the shore (thinner moss, quicker route)

Tirah, Sonja, April, and John take Route 1. Tirah is glad she got cleaned off by that wave earlier, so she doesn't have all that mud weighing her down and breaking the moss. April, however, is not so lucky. About halfway across the Marsh, she breaks through the moss. She is immediately sucked down to her waist. Oh, shit... I'm in for a wild ride, April thinks. In a few seconds she's up to her chest. She tries pushing on the moss to make herself stop sinking, but her arms break through and get stuck too. Soon she's up to her neck and sinking fast. She tries kicking her legs, but to no avail. The young girl is quickly sucked under the mud, never to be seen again. The only indication of her existence is a hole in the moss that serves as a warning to others. John is further inland on Route 1. He has to navigate around more holes in the moss, making his progress extremely slow. At one point, he loses his balance and falls in the peat. He is quickly sucked under.
Sonja was having a nice time until her left boot broke through the moss. Her left leg is immediately engulfed. However, Sonja is able to get the leg out of the relatively thin mud, and continues on, to Zone 4. Tirah carefully navigates the moss, feeling for any spot that may give way under her. In doing so, she avoids many spots where she could've sunk. She makes it to Zone 4 without incident.

Aiko takes the more risky Route 2. And... Oh boy, what a bad idea. After just a few steps down the path, the moss has already gotten so thin that it breaks and she is quickly sucked under the mud. Aiko's peat-covered hand reaches up and grabs onto the moss surrounding it. The other hand follows and does the same. Then her muddy face re-emerges, spitting out some peat. She does not dare wipe off her face as that would mean to let go with either hand. Instead she carefully shifts more weight onto her hands and pulls herself up until neck-deep. Then Aiko presses her face into the wet moss pillow in front of her. It works well enough to get rid off some of the mud and allows her to open her eyes. The moss is still shaking all around her from her sudden plunge earlier and she pauses to rest for a moment, allowing the surface to calm down and consider her next move. There is nothing solid to hold onto. Just the thin moss carpet all around her. She would have thought that a slim light-weight girl like herself might make it without breaking through, but that had obviously turned out to be a mistake. Carefully she begins to drag herself onto the moss in front of her. Her shoulders resurface. So does the wet stained blouse. The surface responds to every little move she makes. Inch by inch she crawls forward. The moss is being pushed down into the muck under her weight, but it does not rip and keeps supporting her nevertheless. Finally her upper body is resting on the partially submerged layer of moss. Her legs are still buried in the peat, but Aiko is already beginning to feel more confident about her self-rescue.

She pulls up her left leg while leaning to the right. Suddenly the moss cover breaks and she feels herself sliding down to her right into the wet peat underneath. Instinctively she clutches at the moss with both hands, fingers digging deep into it, but the fragile layer rips there as well. She effectively tears out a big chunk of that layer. As she struggles to stay on top of it it flips over a bit like an air mattress, only less stiff and definitely much less buoyant. She quickly sinks back down to her neck and realizes that the chunk she is now holding onto cannot possibly support her weight. So she frantically turns on to the other side, where the moss layer is still intact and reaches for it. Her hand passes through almost instantly. She tries again and again. The morass is at her chin, shaking from her struggles. The area of black exposed peat around her is growing with each attempt to pull herself out of it. Muddy chunks of moss are floating on top of it, but they are just barely buoyant enough to keep themselves afloat and offer virtually no support. Finally she manages to grab onto a patch of moss that does not break apart instantly. With outstretched arms she is holding onto it, head tilted back, bog's surface at her chin and ears. Even though she is holding onto something now, Aiko is still slowly slipping deeper. She does not dare pull herself up too much, but instead tries to get closer to that final remaining lifeline. So she slowly drags herself towards the moss, her ears submerge and she finds herself looking straight up at the sky now. She pulls just a little bit harder to get herself closer to the edge of the bog before she would submerge once more. And with that she tears out another huge chunk of the moss layer. Her face slips under, she immediately pushes the soft moss in her grip under and her head breaks the shaking surface one more time.

With nothing more to hold onto within her reach Aiko tries to move forward using swimming motions. A final attempt that proves to be utterly futile. Moments later she submerges completely in the quacking morass.

And finally, in the Muddy Meadow, our last two runners have two options.
1. Stay close to the coast, meaning more bottomless mud, but a more direct route to the finish.
2. Stay inland, meaning shallower and thicker mud, but not as direct of a route to the finish.

Sonja chose Route 1. Still covered in mud, and getting tired, she goes straight for the finish. She chooses to take a break at a stream, so she can wash herself off. However, as soon as she sets foot in the stream, she begins sinking into the mud. The girl is quickly pulled down. Soon she's up to her waist. 'Oh shit... Tirah's going to win! I'm going to drown....' Sonja thinks. Deeper and deeper she goes, panic rising. But when she's up to her chin, she's able to grab hold of a shoot of grass, and keep herself alive, at least for a few more minutes... And in the event that Tirah has finished somehow, she lets out the loudest, most high-pitched scream for help she can muster.

Tirah chose Route 2. The deep mud dirties Tirah's jeans more and more with every step. The mud mostly stays shallow, but at one point near the end, the mud suddenly gets deeper. "Aaah!" The young girl shrieks as she suddenly plunges waist-deep into the mud. During the race, she had been tuning out her need to go to the bathroom, but knowing no one is around to catch her in the act, she lets go, pissing herself without care. "I'm only doing this so I can warm up and not have to think about this anymore. This mud WAS cold...," the girl whispers to herself. Tirah struggles a bit, then is able to climb up into shallower mud and reach the end. "Well at least I.... tried? Where is everyone?" Silence fills the air as no one is at the end yet. "Did I finish WAY ahead of everyone or something? Has everyone left while I've been stuck?" Then, a blood-curdling scream fills the air. "SONJA!" Tirah rushes back down Route 1 to go and help her friend.

When Tirah reaches Sonja, she finds the girl up to her neck in the thick mud. "Hi... just.. Please help me!" "Anytime. But first... try slipping off your boots." Beneath the surface, Sonja somehow slips her boots off and lets them fall into the infinite abyss of the mud. "Now, hold on! I'm going to try to pull you out." Tirah and Sonja lock hands. Tirah slowly leans back as she pulls Sonja out of the thick mud. But Sonja's hands get slipperier with sweat, and she loses Tirah's grip, quickly being sucked under the mud. Tirah could've sworn she felt a massive poop enter the seat of her jeans at the realization of what just happened, but she's so tired that she doesn't know if she's hallucinating. So she assumes she was. Tirah runs back to the finish line. "I... I've won! I've won the race! But... where are the others? Oh no.... This was all my fault. 7 other people and a robot... All gone! Thanks to my race..... Well, I'm going to at least try to find them. She pulls her handheld radio out of her hair. "Hello, SCRP Helicopter Team? I've finished the race. I'm at the finish line. Let's go and look for survivors."

Within minutes, the helicopter team arrives. Tirah climbs on board. "Ok, Sonja and I were the only ones to make it to Zone 4. And she died right before my eyes." The team moves to Zone 3. "Over there!" Tirah sees a figure nearly submerged in a peat hole, with a very visible life jacket on. "It's another contestant! We've got to go and rescue him!" Then the helicopter gets low and close to John. They throw a rope out to him, which he grabs, and they pull him out of the mud. "Alright, that's the only other survivor of Zone 3 I know... And the only two survivors of Zone 2 that are still there cheated. One of them is immortal, and the other is a robot that doesn't need to breathe. We can at least get the immortal out, and the robot will require further operations to rescue." In a few minutes, the helicopter swoops low over the bottomless mud. Tirah spots a faint image of a hand reaching out of the mud. "It's Julie!" A rope is thrown. The hand grabs the rope and pulls. A mud-covered Julie appears. "You... YOU DID THIS! YOU DIDN'T ALLOW RESCUING!" "Girl, just be glad we didn't disable your immortality... then you wouldn't be saying that right now. And I think that's all the survivors." The helicopter returns to the finish line, dropping off its 3 passengers. "So.... First off, we all get "Survivor of the Swamp Challenge" medals. I get gold and you both get silver, since you didn't technically finish." Tirah puts the medals on the contestants. "John, you and I get a "Didn't Go Under in the Swamp Challenge" award." Tirah puts the medals on John and herself. "And I get the winner medal." Tirah puts the final medal on. "Alright, Tirah. I've just gotta ask you: Why didn't you allow rescues?" "It's because if rescues were allowed from the start, there would've been too much of a chance of a lot of people ending up tied for 2nd and 3rd place, like in Aiko's Swamp Run." "And speaking of other people, what happened to Sonja?" "She died right in front of me. I found her in a bottomless pit of mud up to her neck. But she slipped from my grip, and was sucked under forever." "Hang on a moment... What's that bulge in your butt?" "Oh... the poop was real." "What?!" "I didn't say anything...." "Moving on... Let's all go home."
And so it was.
John returns a few days later with a team of engineers and construction workers. They dig with several bulldozers, and they dig up the robot and lift it out with a big helicopter. We clean all the mud off of the robot and repair it, then bring it back to life. The rescuers abandoned the robot and it doesn't know that yet. And when it find out... it felt sad and betrayed. But it is too friendly to do anything about it, like getting revenge.

Him and John confront Tirah. Since it can't talk, John explains it all as it just stares down at Tirah. And it just stares down at the heartless girl.

After John explains it all, Tirah defends herself, saying, "If there weren't as many contestants, I would've allowed rescues. And, to be honest... if it hadn't been for the heavy machinery called in, rescue for you would've been impossible. So I don't exactly see how I was heartless. I've felt sorry for ALL contestants that went under during the race. That's why I even had rescues happen at the end of the race. And it's also why I literally shit myself when my friend Sonja went under. And the rescuers didn't purposely abandon you. They just knew they needed extra help if they wanted to get you out. Which they did." Bumblebee reluctantly accepts this. John, Julie, and Tirah all go their separate ways. The end.
Last edited by 101927700 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Stories”