Swamp Challenge RP! Aftermath (FINISHED!)

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Aiko

Re: Swamp Challenge RP (Apps. CLOSED, race starts 12/25)

Postby Aiko » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:08 pm

I like the map. And the fact that we're starting with my favorite substance: peat. :)
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

IxelFate

Postby IxelFate » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Will this be like the other one in the sense contestants can turn back to save one another? Or is it every man/woman for themselves?

Postby 101927700 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:54 pm

IxelFate wrote:Will this be like the other one in the sense contestants can turn back to save one another? Or is it every man/woman for themselves?

I think that with this many contestants, it'll just be simpler if we have everyone for themselves.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Swamp Challenge RP! ZONE 1: Peat Bog

Postby 101927700 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:10 pm

Let's begin!

In a remote location, 7 people and 1 robot are awaiting. "Where's the final contestant?" Then, out of nowhere, the final runner arrives.
"Hello everybody, my name is Tirah, and I'll be your host and a runner in this year's Swamp Challenge! Now, let's go over some stuff.
There are two primary rules. One: You can not rescue each other. Seeing as we have so many contestants, rescuing each other could lead to too many ties. Second, there is a river splitting the course. DO NOT CROSS IT. I'm warning you. Anyways, now it's time to go over each zone of the race.
Zone 1 is the Peat Bog. It has many shallow ponds with bottomless peat in them. Also, there many areas of bare peat - each one is 6' deep. So... If you're tall, you'll not be in any danger from those... but if you're shorter than... oh, 6'3, then you'll be in trouble if you sink to the bottom of those.
Zone 2 is the Mudflat/Estuary. It's just a big area of thick, sticky, and deep clay mud. I don't know how deep it goes, but I know there are a few bottomless spots.
Zone 3 is the Marsh. A few inches of thick moss above 10' of peat. There are occasional ponds and holes in the moss. So don't run too fast or jump too high, otherwise you'll be sinking to your doom.
Zone 4 is the Muddy Meadow. Knee-high grass with mud everywhere. There are many streams where the mud gets significantly deeper. Most of the Meadow is only 1-2 feet deep, but some spots have bottomless mud...
So now that you get the gist of it, time to begin!
3.... 2.... 1.... GO!"

You may go 3 different ways:
1. Most direct route, in between two stretches of bare peat. You have to watch where you're going, but it works.
2. Middle path, goes between a bottomless peat pond and a peat pit, but wider than #1.
3. Far path, longest route, but gives you the least amount of distance to cross in Zone 2.

The options are drawn out on the map below. If you do not select one by 5 PM (convert from GMT-7 to your timezone), then I will pick for you.

Tirah picks route 2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 101927700 on Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

IxelFate

Re: Swamp Challenge RP! ZONE 1: Peat Bog

Postby IxelFate » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Zoey decides to take path one. She slowly and carefully begins to traverse the terrain.

Postby 101927700 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:25 pm

Tirah picks route #2.

QSbender87

Postby QSbender87 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:28 pm

April will play this smart and choose route 3. She takes off at a fast jog as she notices it being the longest, but still watches where she steps.

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:38 pm

I pick route 1, since I am very tall and don't have to worry about 6 feet of mud. And I do it quickly, but very cautiously.

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:43 pm

I take route 1, passing Zoey. But the robot is way far ahead of us.

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:03 pm

After studying the map, Sonja decides to take the longest but also safest route (#3). She tries to avoid the sticky patches, knowing that there will be more than enough opportunities to get badly stuck with her long boots in the mudflats that are barely visible in the distance.
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Return to “Stories”