Serial Sinkers RP **EVENT CONCLUDED**

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Jon Smith

Re: Serial Sinkers RP **EVENT LIVE**

Postby Jon Smith » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:46 pm

Must save Kim.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:24 pm

Spurning the opportunity to escape and secure victory, John leaps back onto the set. Kim is turning blue in the face. Just as Zuma is about to dump Kim into the quicksand, John leaps onto his back. There is indeed something about Zuma that makes him different from most humans. His reflexes are sharp and his strength is easily equal to both John and Kim combined. John must first get to Zuma before he drops Kim into the quicksand.

John rolls 1d6 - 1+ to succeed
John: 2

John barely gets to Zuma in time. Kim is clear of the quicksand pit but is still in his grasp. He flings Kim away and faces John. "Zuma expected more from you. Maybe Zuma will not be disappointed. Come, show me your might!"

John & Kim
1) Attempt to flee
2) Face Zuma once and for all
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:07 am

I flee while John distracts Zuma.

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:32 am

Intimidated by Zuma, John's fear gives him quicker response time and more strength, as his heartrate is increased. John is typically quite strong, but maybe not as strong as Zuma. But Zuma is overconfident in himself.
“Look!” John points his finger in Kim's direction as she runs. Hoping to catch Zuma off guard. In which Zuma turns his head and John knocks him out (if Zuma isn't knocked out he will at least fall to the ground). But not killing Zuma. Then John sprints to the exit with Kim before Zuma gets back up.

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:35 am

“Yo Zuma! Asshole! Over here!” Kim shouts to help John escape Zuma.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:25 am

With Zuma engaged with John, Kim uses the opportunity to flee. However, Zuma is not so quick to allow her to escape his wrath, not after she betrayed him, and John's attempted distraction may have exposed Kim to a greater risk.

Kim rolls 1d6 to escape, 4+ succeeds
Kim: 2

Zuma's movements are swift. He moves two paces before Kim can get past him and lands a forearm strike against her head. As if with divine power, Zuma's strike causes Kim to tumble back into the quicksand pit. Her head throbs in pain, and she sinks to her waist. Suddenly, she feels something grabbing her legs, preventing her from moving. Could it be Victoria or Akbal's last gasp for air? The hands pull her deeper and she struggles to her chest, unable to free herself of the deathly grip.

Zuma turns to face John's attack. His fixation on taking down Kim has given John an extra chance at successfully landing his blow.

John rolls 1d6, 4+ to succeed
John: 6

John gets past Zuma's supposedly invincible defense and lands a solid blow to the head. Fueled by his fear and anger, John unleashes a flurry of strikes. He puts his head down and closes the distance, pummeling Zuma's rock-hard abs. This torrent of blows eventually wears him down, and several liver blows causes Zuma to fold over in agony. John isn't content. He rips the mask off, revealing Zuma's face. Half of his face has scars from severe burns and he has lost one of his eyes. Whatever accident he suffered has long since been forgotten, but the cause of his madness becomes clearer. Zuma snarls and claws at John's face, but John has the upper hand. He uses the heavy mask to pummel Zuma's face. Again, and again, and again. Soon,the mask is covered in the blood of the god Zuma, who turns out is as mortal as anyone else.

Kim looks up to John. He stands above her, covered in blood, his face bearing a deep gash. His eyes are reddened, hands still shaking from bloodlust. He is still gripping the bloodied mask. The hands now reach for her chest. Desperate, Kim lifts her arms up. "Help!"

John:
1) Drop the mask and help Kim out.
2) "No."

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:26 am

John helps Kim out, still fueled by his determination and the workout of slaughtering Zuma. Whoever is pulling Kim down with them, I could pull both of them out. If it turns out to be Akbal doing this, he will get a kick in the head from enraged John.

Viridian

Re: Serial Sinkers RP **EVENT RESULTS**

Postby Viridian » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:58 pm

John glares at Kim. His shaking hand still squeezing the mask, he could swear that he could hear voices. Breaking his trance, he smashes the mask onto the ground, where it breaks into pieces. Indeed, he was hearing the voice of Zuma - through a speaker hidden inside the mask. Avoiding the ruse, he rushes over to Kim. The restless hands seem to let go, expiring beneath the sand, but Kim is pulled free. Then, long awaited, the lights go on and the stage opens up, revealing the grand stage. Smoke shoots out from beside the stairs, where the mysterious host, V, greets the two victors. He presents each them with a $500,000 check.

V stands on the platform above the two winners and raises his arms. "Sink to failure, or rise to success? Only the strong survive. Stay tuned for more Serial Sinkers!"

FINAL STANDINGS:

Order of elimination:
1. H8
2. Laura (deceased)
3. Amanda
4. Sonja
5. Clare
6. Kerry
7. Chim
8. Abigail
9. Victoria (deceased)

WINNERS:
John, Kim

STALKERS:
Frederico: Dead (killed by Sonja / Victoria)
Akbal: Dead (killed by Victoria)
Zuma: Dead (killed by John)

V's Post-Show Analysis

"I was rather surprised at the result myself. The first trap in the quarry was easily escaped, but the fact that a third of the team acted on their own left three to drown in the first quicksand pit. The contestants made balanced decisions in the sand vat that gave them the best chance at eliminating the stalker and they escaped with no casualties. Chim really showed his mettle in the jungle and looked like he was going to be a front-runner. Clare was unfortunate, while Sonja had to be sacrificed to ensure at least one person survived from the jungle trap. Chim's cunning was a crucial turning point in switching Zuma over to their side, though his decision not to find water led him to become abandoned by his team. Keeping Zuma alive longer would have allowed them to eliminate Akbal by exploiting Zuma's rage, and Chim might have stood a better chance at betraying Zuma later than sooner. John really came through at the end. He was selfish at first, but he stood against Zuma in the end and pulled through. I expected him to flee the studio when he got the chance, and I was doubly impressed when he resisted the power of the mask and rescued Kim to share in the fame and glory."

Viridian

Re: Serial Sinkers RP **EVENT CONCLUDED**

Postby Viridian » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:00 pm

Now that the event has concluded, I would like to thank everyone who took part. It was very fun to put together and I hope everyone who participated enjoyed the experience, and those who followed along enjoyed the show. This thread will be left open for comments and feedback.

DJlurker

Re: Serial Sinkers RP **EVENT CONCLUDED**

Postby DJlurker » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:16 pm

The mysterious host V, huh? I find myself thinking of the masked protagonist from the movie "V". I'm weird like that. :P :lol:

Seriously, though, good job to everyone that participated. I loved reading the narratives of the various contestants.

Return to “Stories”