Serial Sinkers RP **EVENT CONCLUDED**

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Conspiracy101

Re: Serial Sinkers RP **EVENT LIVE**

Postby Conspiracy101 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:51 pm

((Thanks for clearing it up))

Victoria dangles silently over the quicksand. She's caught on that Zuma doesn't care for cowards and everyone hanging over the quicksand has now come off as a coward. She keeps silent, fearing that if she begs Chim to sacrifice someone other than her she'll appear even more cowardly. Victoria would rather nobody be sacrificed, but she certainly isn't willing to take the plunge herself and risk dying for some TV show. Instead she lets Chim continue trying to coax Zuma to release them all, an outcome that everyone is likely on board with.
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Zuma is initially outraged at Chim's refusal to select a sacrifice, but he ponders over the words of his victims. Was he not a true god? Was he not a great warrior? Was he not above the meager offerings in front of him. He laughed, and he cried tears of joy. He slammed his spear on the ground and beat he chest. "Zuma is pleased! For too long Zuma has listened to those weaker than him. Today, Zuma will rise above them all, like a true god!"

Chim, still bowing, glances up to see Zuma's reaction. Before Chim can do anything, he hurls his spear. As if he truly was divine, the spear is guided towards one of the ropes. It cuts the rope Kerry is dangling from, plunging her into the quicksand below. The other contestants are horrified and begin squirming, but Zuma speaks. "I have no time for childish games. The weak perish here. The rest of you are just what I need." He bids Chim to operate the mechanism to bring the hanging contestants back to the altar. Kerry looks on helplessly, sinking to her chest. Zuma does not have time to watch her go under. He urges the group out of the temple and they are gone by the time the quicksand reaches her neck. The crew's sweepers pick her up before she goes under.

Kerry is eliminated

As they travel through the temple passages, Zuma speaks proudly. "There is one enemy who is worthy of Zuma's altar. Akbal! A prince of rats, but a prince no less. Royal blood for a royal sacrifice. We will go to his land. His sands will be his doom!" The contestants look at each other in disbelief. Chim hints that they are not to break this illusion - after all, they now have a stalker on their side. The group enters the next zone, and they are immediately met by the scorching heat. Zuma does not mind the heat, but the contestants seemed troubled. Their struggling has made them thirsty, and the scorching desert environment feels like an oven. The dry, grainy sand feels hot beneath their feet. Zuma, despite being out of his zone, seems to know the area well.

"Over there, across the dunes, Akbal resides in his so-called palace. I will turn it into rubble and bury the prince in his own trap." He points to Chim. "Champion of Zuma! Select your servants. The rest will go with me."

Zuma wishes to divide the team into two. Chim must now choose his followers.

Chim: Select two from Victoria, John, Abigail, Kim

Chim's experience and insight also reveals that Zuma may be unaware of the harsh trek the group must make. Chim spies an oasis in the other direction. The group needs water, and perhaps the way may open up more possibilities. Chim is aware that Akbal has not made his appearance, and that Zuma will not change his mind over his approach.

Chim made decide:
1) Follow Zuma across the dunes
2) Head towards the oasis

Other contestants may discuss the choice with Chim

Kerry is seated at the panel as the announcer repeats the key events. "For those just joining us, over half of our contestants have been eliminated, and we ONLY have one fatality! The standards are high. First, Frederico manages to get three of our sinkers in his first pit, including the fatal shooting of young Laura. Then his pipe dream met a fitting end. In the jungle, Clare survived a tiger attack and went under, and Sonja was abandoned by her friends in the gripping vines. And finally, our newest guest Kerry was chosen to be the sacrifice by Zuma. Most shockingly of all, Zuma is now leading the contestants against Akbal! We've never had this before! Is this even in the rules?"

V shrugs. "There's a first for everything, and since this is first episode, everything is a first. This should be interesting. Stalker versus stalker. But, Zuma is a madman wearing the mask of a god. I wouldn't be sure about trusting him."
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Postby 101927700 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:59 pm

"Chim, we need some water. You should choose me to go with you, and we need to go to the oasis. Chances are, there might be quicksand around the edges of the water, so you need me. I've been amazing at quicksand rescues, if you remember."
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

H8ms2014

Postby H8ms2014 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:19 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Chim takes a strong and a weak partner. Make a crafty thinker and coward go with Zuma. I hope for the best.

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:39 pm

"My lord Zuma, these two will do," says Chim, indicating Victoria and Kim.

"If it please you, lord, we will follow in your footsteps to glory!"
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:08 pm

"Very well," Zuma responds, keeping a close eye on John and Abigail. "I have seen the way Akbal prepares his excuse for a realm. He is going to be hiding until we reach his throne. His palace is full of traps. But first we must get there. I know the way, but we may face hazards. Perhaps some of us may perish. Show me that you are strong."

Chim chooses to stay with Zuma. Zuma forces his two followers to go on ahead, while Chim, not wanting to insult Zuma by imitating him, has his group follow behind him. The decision to bypass the oasis is tough on the contestants. There is a hot wind, scorching their exposed skin and getting into their eyes. Their dehydration begins to impair their senses. Zuma's discipline pushes his group forward relentlessly, but Chim's group seems to struggle. Without Zuma's divine power, they become disorientated.

Chim, Victoria and Kim roll 1d6 to see if they become lost (3+ to save)
Chim: 2
Victoria: 4
Kim: 3

After some time, Victoria and Kim notice that Chim is missing. The sand makes it difficult to see, and it is only when Zuma allows a brief rest that they are certain Chim is gone. Hearing faint shouts, they backtrack to find Chim half-buried in a sinkhole. The desert sand has formed a depression around Chim, who is surrounded by an ever-widening pit of fine sand. "One of Akbal's traps," Zuma hissed. "I am surprised that you have fallen into it. A minor inconvenience. You, get our Warrior out. He has much to do." He pushes Abigail and John in. They yelp as they slide into the sinkhole and sink to their hips. Zuma does not order Chim's group to follow suit, and Chim is too delirious to make a decision.

John / Abigail:
1) Save yourself
2) Save Chim

Victoria / Kim
1) Do nothing
2) Assist in the rescue
3) Push Zuma in

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:29 pm

Victoria chooses #2

Knowing she's been rescued numerous times already, it was her turn to help rescue someone. Victoria goes back, risking getting caught in quicksand again to help Chim, John, and Abigail.
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:04 pm

I would like to help, but I have had enough of Zuma's crap. From what I can tell, the longer Zuma controls us, the more contestants we lose. With strong anger and adrenaline, Kim shoves Zuma into the sinkhole with all her might. Zuma goes flying in and immediately sinks to his waist. I want to hear what he has to say for himself. I then proceed to assist in rescuing of other contestants, if possible.

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:11 pm

Kimalainen wrote:I would like to help, but I have had enough of Zuma's crap. From what I can tell, the longer Zuma controls us, the more contestants we lose. With strong anger and adrenaline, Kim shoves Zuma into the sinkhole with all her might. Zuma goes flying in and immediately sinks to his waist. I want to hear what he has to say for himself. I then proceed to assist in rescuing of other contestants, if possible.

In case I wasn't clear, you do not control the results of your choices.

Postby 101927700 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:28 pm

Abigail chooses to save herself.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Return to “Stories”