Serial Sinkers RP **EVENT CONCLUDED**

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Viridian

Re: Serial Sinkers RP **EVENT LIVE**

Postby Viridian » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:47 am

All except Chim run into the quicksand

In what seems like a moment of madness, Chim stands alone against the tiger. He is, however, correct in his assessment. As a natural predator, the tiger is not interested in prey that can fight back, and does not charge at Chim. Instead, it notices the contestants fleeing towards the river. It leaps past Chim, who is unable to do anything to stop the tiger. The tiger leaps onto the closest prey. Abigail, being the first to act, is far ahead of the group, but other six are vulnerable.

[Numbers assigned based on order of posting - Roll 1d6: 4]

Clare feels a heavy weight on her back as the tiger pounces on her. It sinks its claws and teeth into her flesh. Severely wounded, she stumbles into the quicksand and sinks to her hips. The tiger backs off from the trap, and finding all its prey out in the sticky mud, decides to leave the group.

Meanwhile, the other contestants are struggling across the quaking sand. The surface doesn't hold for long and they all sink to their thighs, slogging across the moving sand, which becomes softer as each contestant thrashes through it. They realise that everyone running through the quicksand might have been a terrible idea!

[Chance of not getting stuck determined by order of posting: Base 1, +1 for each successive contestant; roll 1d6)]
Abigail (1+): 3
Sonja (2+): 2
Kerry (3+): 5
Victoria (4+): 5
John (5+): 1
Kim (6): 4

Abigail reaches the edge of the water and climbs into the boat. Sonja feels the quicksand liquefy beneath her feet and she sinks rapidly, but she manages to throw herself forward and heaves herself into the boat with Abigail's help. Despite the sand turning into a sticky pool, Kerry and Victoria also manage to clear the obstacle. The trailing two contestants, John and Kim, are unable to get across the quicksand in time and are stranded waist-deep. Clare is beside them, injured and also steadily sinking. The boat is automatically controlled and propels itself from the shore, sending the contestants downstream and unable to help the stranded contestants. Chim, John, Kim and Clare are left to fend for themselves. Chim easily finds a vine to rescue someone without putting himself at risk. However, he can only choose one person to save. Furthermore, the remaining contestants in the quicksand have a small chance to stay afloat long enough to be rescued, or they can choose to push one person out at the cost of their own escape.

[Chim:]
1) Rescue Clare
2) Rescue John
3) Rescue Kim

[Clare / John / Kim ]
1) Save yourself
2) Save the other survivor

Meanwhile, the boat carries the four other women downstream and beaches itself in a different part of the jungle. Separated from the other group, they cut through the dense vegetation to find their way back. However, they are troubled by their surroundings. The mud feels unstable, and there's something about the vines that makes them feel uneasy. At the same time, the mud cracks and reveals the quicksand below, and the vines spring to life, reaching for the women. They all act individually to escape the perils.

[Roll 1d6, lowest two become trapped]
Abigail: 4
Sonja: 3
Kerry: 4
Victoria: 2

Victoria is too slow and her feet plunge through the cracked surface. The sand hungrily claims her legs and is pulling her down further. Sonja turns around and is swept out of the sand by the vines. Within moments, the wrap around her limbs and body and begin squeezing her. She is unable to yell as a vine cuts across her throat. Abigail and Kerry look in horror as their two fellow contestants are moments away from their doom. They may have a chance at rescuing both, or they might have a better chance at focusing on one.

[Abigail / Kerry]
1) Rescue Sonja
2) Rescue Victoria

(note that eliminated contestants on the panel are free to commentate as they wish)
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:05 am

Not sure if I understand what to do here, so I'll list what I'd do in various outcomes.

If Chim rescues Clare (who might bleed out), I save Kim. I then hold my arms in the air hoping for possible crew rescue as I descend out of sight.

If Chim rescues me (or Kim/Clare save me), V didn't give options for this case, so I'd have to see what options I get then. I'd like to somehow rescue the other(s)

Other: I would like too see how things pan out first.

Postby 101927700 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Abigail chooses Victoria, knowing that she is better at getting people out of quicksand than rescuing someone from vines.
Last edited by 101927700 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:49 pm

Jon Smith wrote:Not sure if I understand what to do here, so I'll list what I'd do in various outcomes.

If Chim rescues Clare (who might bleed out), I save Kim. I then hold my arms in the air hoping for possible crew rescue as I descend out of sight.

If Chim rescues me (or Kim/Clare save me), V didn't give options for this case, so I'd have to see what options I get then. I'd like to somehow rescue the other(s)

Other: I would like too see how things pan out first.

If Chim rescues you, you have no second action to choose from. Your choice is in the event that Chim does not rescue you.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

tenenbaum

Postby tenenbaum » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:39 pm

Kerry dives to the ground and extends her arms, reaching toward Victoria.

"Come on! Grab my hands!"

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:25 pm

Victoria reaches for Abigail and Kerry, desperate to get out of the quicksand.
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

bogbud

Postby bogbud » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Sonja did scream for help but almost no loud did leave her mouth. With both hands she did try to loosen the grip of the vines around her throat but these strange plants were too powerful.
If only somebody, anybody, could help her....
I'm already chindeep in this mudbog and every desperate attempt to move my stuck legs only drives me deeper in. The thick mud slowly swamps my waders and my arms have nothing to hold onto.
I'm feeling home.

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Chim tosses the vine to whomever is closest to the edge (based on your previous order, I assume this is Kim). Maybe if I can rescue her quickly enough, she can assist me in rescuing another!

(If I read that wrong, and someone else is closest, then change my action accordingly, please!)
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:14 am

(I think the three of us are all equally far from the edge. Anyway...)

Clare does not want to die like this. She is aware that her chances are slim, but sacrificing herself goes beyond what she is willing to do, so long as there's still a glimmer of hope. The quicksand covers the wounds on her back as she settles deeper into it. The pressure is painful and the wet cool embrace soothing at the same time. An odd sensation. The quicksand continues to devour her nude upper body. She tries to remain as still as possible, hoping to slow her descent and be rescued in time.

Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:16 am

I guess this is my last chance. #1

But I keep my arms out of the mud. How deep am I in the quicksand now? Is it upto my armpits?

Return to “Stories”