Serial Sinkers RP **EVENT CONCLUDED**

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Viridian

Re: Serial Sinkers RP **EVENT LIVE**

Postby Viridian » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:33 pm

Abigail and Kerry work together to pull Victoria from the quicksand. All three of them have to wade into the quicksand, but are able to free Victoria and themselves without getting stuck. However, Sonja, without any help, is unable to break free. The vines cover her whole body, constricting her breathing until, finally, she goes unconscious. The appearance of more vines prevents the other three from reaching Sonja and, regrettably, they must move on without her. Wearing and unaware of their surroundings, they step on a tripwire and they are jerked into the air, dangling in a wooden frame. Captured in Zuma's cage, they can do nothing.

[Sonja is eliminated.]

Back at the river, Chim gets the vine to Kim. Kim is sinking fast, but Chim manages to get her free without too much difficulty. Clare and John have chosen not to help each other, sinking to their armpits by the time Chim has finished. Chim has no time to make another choice and tosses the vine out hurriedly.

Roll 1d2 for Clare (1) or John (2)
Result: 2

John seizes the vine, but he sinks past his shoulders. Chim and Kim pull together, but he is going under quicker than he is getting out.

[Roll 1d6 to see if he submerges (2+)]
Result: 4

[Roll 1d6 for rescue, 5+ for success]
Result: 5

It is close. John takes a deep breath before he is pulled all the way under. Seeing their chances fade, Chim and Kim dig in and fight an almost impossible battle against the quicksand. A muddy arm appears and they seize it. John's head emerges and he gasps for air. He is still stuck in the quicksand, but he is eventually pulled free. His escape comes at a cost. Chim prepares to toss the vine to Clare, but she has completely disappeared. Before he can do anything else, he feels a sharp pain in his neck, and he loses consciousness.

[Clare is eliminated.]

When Chim recovers, he is inside the ruined temple altar. Zuma stands above him. Below, Chim can see the other contestants, all hanging by their wrists over a sacrificial pit of quicksand. Zuma, in a slow, roaring voice, speaks. "I, Zuma the Great, Zuma the God, admire your bravery". He points his spear towards Chim. "You stood alone against my beast, and you rescued two of your comrades. A mighty warrior you could be. Worthy of Zuma!"

"Yes," Chim felt compelled to agree. He thought for a moment. "Yes, Divine Zuma."

Zuma laughs in appreciation. "Zuma sees that you know your place!" Chim bows his head. Perhaps there is something to exploit here. Zuma points to the contestants hanging above the pit. "Now, Champion of Zuma, I have a task for you. The Great Zuma demands a sacrifice. One of these will have to do." Abigail, Kerry, John, Victoria and Kim hang helplessly. "Pick one to sacrifice, and the rest will go free."

Chim considers this carefully. He is the only one who can do anything at the moment. Zuma is beside him, immersed in his divine delusion. Perhaps there is an opportunity to be gained here.

Chim:
1) Select Abigail, Kerry, John, Victoria or Kim to be sacrificed
2) Attempt to fight Zuma and free everyone
3) Use cunning to gain favour (success based on what you do)

Kerry, Abigail, John, Kim, Victoria:
Each contestant may attempt to persuade Chim or Zuma (success based on what you say)

Back in the studio, Sonja and Clare are brought in to join H8 and Amanda on the panel. Clare's wounds have been dressed and the contestants have been given clothing. The host is excited to have them on board. "Looks like things didn't go too well for you. How did it feel to be overlooked by the other contestants? And who do you think Chim will choose this time?"

"I wouldn't be that black-and-white," V cuts in. "We've seen stranger things happen. Maybe they'll figure out a weakness for Zuma, just as they did for Frederico. He is a mortal man." V pauses, then for some strange reason decides to add, "but not in his mind."
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Postby 101927700 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:39 pm

"Chim... Don't pick me! I'm the youngest out of all of us! And if you ever get stuck in quicksand... I can get you out! All of my rescues have been successful before!"
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:21 pm

See how Zuma is controlling you Chim. He is trying to take over your mind. Subconsciously you are still yourself. Don't give in. You can still recover and do something about this. Zuma is no god. He has weaknesses. Exploit them and punish him for what he has done to you, and the rest of us.

tenenbaum

Postby tenenbaum » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:41 pm

Kerry adjusts her bra and fixes her hair, trying to look as desirable as possible. Looking into Chim'a eyes.

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:28 pm

Shitshitshitshit. Need time to think!

Chim makes a show of standing, circling the pit, and carefully scrutinizing the potential victims.

I don't mind a scrap, but one-on-one against a man who is 'superbly well built?' Plus, him with the home court advantage? No, no, not an option. My chance is too slim.

He pauses to stare deliberately at Kerry, letting Zuma see him sneer at Kerry's manipulative efforts.

I've got to find another way to appease him. There's got to be something I can offer...

Chim finishes his circuit, looking profoundly disappointed. He turns, and with a heavy sigh, approaches his new god deferentially.

"Lord Zuma the Magnificent, these are all unworthy of you. Even collectively, this offering is an insult to your majesty! You have seen for yourself how weak, how petty, how worthless they are. Behold the slut who thinks her breasts will save her, the man who chose to live while letting another die! My god, it would shame me unto death to allow you to accept such poor fare. You deserve better. You MUST have better!"

shitshitshitshit!!

Chim approaches closer, kneeling, and lowering his voice conspiratorially.

"Great Zuma, behind these walls, above this ceiling, around us in every direction are the people who create this pageant. These are people who work hard for a living, who are accustomed to teamwork, who know what is means to sacrifice of themselves, albeit in some small way. Any one of them is worth ten of these"

Chim pours all the disdain he can into the word "these," pointing at the contestants over the pit.

"Let us use these worthless morsels in the only manner for which they are suited. Let us use them as bait to draw in worthier prey! Free the rats, let them scuttle back to their meaningless lives. As they depart, the others will come! The strong, agile grips and gaffers; the clever riggers; the quick and speedy assistants; they will all come! Sacrifices worthy of your exaltedness, your splendor, your radiance!"

Over the top, it has to be over the top!

Chim prostrates himself at Zuma's feet.

"Lord, let me help you. Do not sully yourself on such wretched refuse as these paltry few. Loose them, let the world take them, and let me, your faithful servant, procure worthy homage from the people who will follow!"
Last edited by Chimerix on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:18 am

I study Zuma's actions, the more he talks the closer I get to discovering his weaknesses. Meanwhile, I say various things that can reveal certain weaknesses based on what they are. Make fun of him, make him angry. Pretend to worship him, see if he is overconfident.

Kimalainen wrote:Zuma is no god. He has weaknesses.

H8ms2014

Postby H8ms2014 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:18 am

I like where Chim is going with this. But I don't think his words are enough for Zuma to change his decision." *I adjust in the chair, continuing to watch the drama unfold.

Conspiracy101

Postby Conspiracy101 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:49 am

((Is Victoria still in the show? I read through the post several times and as far as I understand Victoria is rescued from the quicksand but she's not in any of the outcomes/options for the other contestants. Sorry to break the story but I'm a little confused and I just want to be sure))
"Some times fear has the appropriate response"

Viridian

Postby Viridian » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:29 am

Conspiracy101 wrote:((Is Victoria still in the show? I read through the post several times and as far as I understand Victoria is rescued from the quicksand but she's not in any of the outcomes/options for the other contestants. Sorry to break the story but I'm a little confused and I just want to be sure))

Sorry, left you out in the notes. Victoria is one of the participants hanging over the quicksand. I have edited the post to reflect that.

tenenbaum wrote:Kerry adjusts her bra and fixes her hair, trying to look as desirable as possible. Looking into Chim'a eyes.

This would be impossible given that you are hanging over a quicksand pit by your wrists.
Viridian @ deviantART: http://viridianqs.deviantart.com/

Boggy Man

Postby Boggy Man » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:13 am

Viridian wrote:Sorry, left you out in the notes. Victoria is one of the participants hanging over the quicksand. I have edited the post to reflect that.

I am a loyal viewer of your wonderfully suspenseful show :) , and would like to mention that you forgot to also add Victoria to the list of potential sacrifices in choice #1.
I sink, therefore I WAM!!!!

(((ioi)))

-The Boggy Man

Return to “Stories”