Hiking with Shannon

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Chimerix

Hiking with Shannon

Postby Chimerix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:43 am

I recently discovered Twine. Of course, nothing would do except to start my experience by writing an interactive quicksand scene!

It's a HTML file, which I can't upload here, but you can download it here.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Palinov Jensen

Re: Hiking with Shannon

Postby Palinov Jensen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:33 pm

It saddens me to see that you haven't received any feedback! I was able to open the document just fine on my tablet after installing an app and read your story late night my time. How do I open the document using my computer? My research has led me nowhere. I apologize in advance if the answer to my question is common sense.

I can tell you worked hard on this! It was amazing! I had a great time! Time for me to read it again!

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:40 pm

It should just be an html file, and open in your default web browser. When I double-click it on my home machine, it opens in Firefox.
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Palinov Jensen

Postby Palinov Jensen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:52 pm

Chimerix wrote:It should just be an html file, and open in your default web browser. When I double-click it on my home machine, it opens in Firefox.

Thanks for the help. When I double clicked it, I got the following screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80peuemqmncl4cw/Screenshot%20%2836%29.png?dl=0

I don't know what the problem is, but I appreciate you trying to help. Don't worry about it. I'll continue to enjoy your story using my tablet.

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Ok, you're looking at the source code on the Google drive. You need to download it by clicking the down-pointing arrow towards the top-right corner of your screen, the second icon left of the STOP sign.

It'll take maybe 10 seconds to download a file called "Twine 01.html" to wherever your browser's download destination is set. When you double-click that downloaded file, it will launch as a web page.

Palinov Jensen

Postby Palinov Jensen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:03 pm

Chimerix wrote:Ok, you're looking at the source code on the Google drive. You need to download it by clicking the down-pointing arrow towards the top-right corner of your screen, the second icon left of the STOP sign.

It'll take maybe 10 seconds to download a file called "Twine 01.html" to wherever your browser's download destination is set. When you double-click that downloaded file, it will launch as a web page.

Got it! Thank you! :D

Musekal

Postby Musekal » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:02 pm

I've tried to open it with Chrome, Firefox and even Explorer, no luck. The file is titled "View". When I open it it in any browser the tab reads as "Twine" just displays a blank page.

Rusty Shackleford

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:40 pm

This was interesting, thank you for sharing!

PM2K
Always Remembered

Postby PM2K » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:41 am

I liked that! It's quite something. :)

Chimerix

Postby Chimerix » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:05 am

Musekal wrote:I've tried to open it with Chrome, Firefox and even Explorer, no luck. The file is titled "View". When I open it it in any browser the tab reads as "Twine" just displays a blank page.

WHen you click the link in my first post, it will take you to my Google Drive, and open a preview window, which just shows the HTML code. Not very useful. At the top of the screen, just above the text window but below the URL, there's a download icon. It looks like an arrow pointing down towards a line.

On my Firefox, it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 10.58.01 PM.png

On Chrome, like this:

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 11.02.15 PM.png

Click that download icon. It will download a file called "Twine 01.html" to your hard drive. Find that file, and double-click it. That should open it in your default web browser.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Stories”