Bogged - Part 2- Clay Creek

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

Re: Bogged - Part 1- The Peat Field

Postby 101927700 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Alright, thank you for making your choices. I will do the coin flips/dice rolls when I get home, and post the results shortly after.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Bogged - Part 2- Clay Creek

Postby 101927700 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:14 am

Alright, the choices have been made. I am finally getting around to writing this post.
Choice 1: Nobody
Choice 2: Amy, John, Kim
Choice 3: April, Julia, Lisa

For those that chose #2, I did a roll of two dice for each character. For your sake, I have spared you those details. John plunges into a bottomless peat pit and struggles to get out. Despite all his struggling, he sinks under the quaking bog and is eliminated from the RP. However, Amy and Kim make it across just fine.

For those that chose #3, I did a roll of 3 dice for each character, which I have also spared you the details of. All 3 girls, April, Julia, and Lisa, got stuck from going too slowly. April manages to get herself back up in shallower mud. But Julia, on her escape attempt, falls over, and disappears under the bog immediately. And Lisa wandered into a deep spot while trying to escape. She sinks quickly. She disappears under the surface despite her best efforts.

This leaves us with 3 contestants: Amy, Kim, and April. The next zone is Clay Creek. For this zone, you have two options:
1. Get through as quickly as possible, so as to avoid sinking too deep. However, this comes with the added risk of plunging into an inescapable deep spot.
OR
2. Traverse more slowly, which enables you to not blunder into a deep spot, but the mud may very well collapse underneath you and drag you down.

When all 3 contestants have made their choices, I will make the next post.

Also, sorry to make it so relatively underdetailed, but it's been a long day so I can't write for the shit Abigail drowned in in my signature.

IxelFate

Re: Bogged - Part 2- Clay Creek

Postby IxelFate » Sat May 14, 2016 5:13 am

Amy goes with choice one. Realizing she could get stuck very quickly, she goes in anyway.

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sun May 15, 2016 4:39 pm

(just presenting the "long version" of Lisa's struggles... nothing related to zone 2... move along...)

Every step drained her stamina as she tried to carefully make it through the peat field. Every now and then her legs became trapped and she had to tug with both hands and use all her strength to get them free again. It did not take long before Lisa's mistake became apparent. She glanced around briefly and noticed that April and Julia were having trouble as well. The distance to the others was increasing and Lisa was growing increasingly frustrated. She sank past her knees and again pulled as hard as she could, but the suction prevented her from freeing either leg. Lisa pulled again and again, but her legs were trapped. Eventually she decided to take a breath to regain some strength before trying again. She was not sinking but the ground did not exactly feel stable either. Lisa felt uneasy about staying in one place for so long, but there was no way she could pull herself free without at least a little rest. After about a minute a gurgling sound from the peat alarmed her and she suddenly sank a few inches deeper. She gasped and immediately resumed her struggles. Thankfully the rest had given her enough strength to break the suction and she pulled herself forward.

Finally moving again she decided not to slow down until she was clear of the peat field. She saw the Amy and Kim far ahead in the distance. It was time to catch up. Or so Lisa thought. Until her left foot suddenly sank into the morass, causing Lisa to lose her balance and fall forward into a bog. She landed flat on the yielding surface and instantly went under. A second later her peat-covered upper body re-emerged. In panic she looked around for something to hold onto. The girl reached back to where she had entered the bog, but her hand felt nothing but more yielding morass. The bog was quickly consuming her ribs and her muddy, long, blonde hair came to rest on its surface. She had managed to land too far from any edge. Still Lisa struggled to get closer. The mire's surface shook from her efforts and she rapidly sank deeper. The peat roses to her ample chest, then invaded her cleavage. Seconds later it was already covering her shoulders. At this rate, even if one of the other contestants would have triedy to come to her rescue, she would have already been gone before they could reach her. So Lisa did not even try to call for help. She knew she was on her own and attempted swimming motions to get herself to safety. The bog was shaking violently from her ongoing struggles. As her face came closer to the morass she had to avoid swallowing any of it. Breathing heavily. Exerting herself. Until she eventually went under completely except for her hair that was still floating on top. A desperate muddy hand emerged, hoping to find something... anything.. to hold onto. Finally her hand too disappeared, even the long hair pulled under completely, and the race went on without Lisa ever re-emerging from that bog again.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Sat May 28, 2016 12:26 am

I wanna quit, is that ok?

Postby 101927700 » Sat May 28, 2016 12:34 am

Kimalainen wrote:I wanna quit, is that ok?

If it's because you think it's taking too long for this round to happen, blame the other contestants for taking too long to make their choices.

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Sat May 28, 2016 2:30 am

101927700 wrote:

If it's because you think it's taking too long for this round to happen, blame the other contestants for taking too long to make their choices.

No no, it's not like that, I am a nice person I have patience to wait. I wanna quit because of personal reasons. I'm sorry.

Postby 101927700 » Sat May 28, 2016 2:35 am

Kimalainen wrote:
101927700 wrote:

No no, it's not like that, I am a nice person I have patience to wait. I wanna quit because of personal reasons. I'm sorry.

Ok. I will send off your character in the best way possible. But you personally do not have to take part.

Postby 101927700 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:00 am

Seeing as whoever is playing as April has not posted their decision, I will no longer go on with this RP. However, if any talented writers here wish to take over, feel free.
Last edited by 101927700 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

IxelFate

Postby IxelFate » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:19 am

I was the first one to reply. Did it not show up?

Return to “Stories”