Bogged - Part 2- Clay Creek

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!

Re: Bogged - Starting soon

Postby 101927700 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:36 pm

Aiko wrote:
Jon Smith wrote:Interesting how you hurry your deadlines back a couple of days, and then this happens. People will forget that they submitted by the time it gets started.

We'll see. I'm still checking this thread every other day at least.

If I haven't started it by the 7th, you can take charge of the RP if you want to.
I’m not the person I was in 2016.
Profile picture by twitter.com/bogexplorer

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Tue May 03, 2016 9:55 pm

101927700 wrote:
Aiko wrote:
Jon Smith wrote:Interesting how you hurry your deadlines back a couple of days, and then this happens. People will forget that they submitted by the time it gets started.

We'll see. I'm still checking this thread every other day at least.

If I haven't started it by the 7th, you can take charge of the RP if you want to.

Thanks, but I think I'll leave this one to you. I do have plans for... something... a little bit different. But that'll take some more time to prepare.
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Postby 101927700 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:40 am

Writing the opening post now...

Bogged - Part 1- The Peat Field

Postby 101927700 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:10 am

Out in the middle of nowhere, a sign on the side of the road says, "Bogged- This way". There is a dirt road heading down the path the sign mentions.
At the end of the road, 6 people are waiting. Waiting for the host to show up. Then, a pink and brown truck comes down the road. A girl, appearing to be about 19, steps out of the truck. She is wearing gray rubber chest waders. She makes her way towards the group. Someone in the group says, "About time! We've only been waiting for, like, a month!" The girl from the truck finally introduces herself.
"Hey everyone. My name is Abigail. I'll be your "guide" for today. Now, just off the end of this road, and stretching until that stream down there, is the Peat Field. Basically, a peat bog, minus all the grass and... non-sinky stuff. Some spots are only about hip-deep, or in some cases up to the tops of my waders, but other places are bottomless. How do I know this? Well, I may or may not have done some walking around in the Peat Field and felt around for the deepest spots, which I didn't dare venture into, since I didn't want to die before this thing started. And the shallower spots... aren't permanently shallow. Stand on them long enough and you'll sink just as deep as if it was bottomless. But anyways, remember that stream I mentioned earlier? That's Clay Creek, zone two. It's made a miniature gorge down there, and due to the water, there is thick, deep clay on either side of the stream. I have no clue how deep the clay gets there, but you can sure bet that some spots go over your head while standing straight up. For the lucky few who get through the Clay Creek zone, you will have to navigate across the Boggy Field. The Boggy Field is barely even a grassland, since there are only tufts of grass here and there, in the middle of big patches of thick, deep, and really sticky mud. Now, it's worth noting that there is a dairy farm on the west edge of the Boggy Field. I spoke with the owner of that farm while scouting out this place, and they said that they have quite a big manure pond on about an eighth of the border with the Boggy Field. She also said that they mix in some sort of anti-stink stuff with the slurry before it goes out into the open. That's the sole reason the air isn't smelling of cow shit right now. And also, when I was scouting the area with a little drone camera, I found that the border point between the Boggy Field and the pond is quite difficult to see from the Boggy Field. So, if you decide to take that path, watch out that you don't fall in that pond, since I'm sure that the farm owner wouldn't like a dead person in there. And she'd never let me do one of these races again. And just to clarify, I am not really a fan of the farm being right there, what with the danger of one of you drowning in cow shit, but there's literally nowhere else in the entire United States that combines these 3 types of mud like this, so the danger has to be. Oh, and one more thing, I will be walking alongside you, struggling through the mud just as much as you. I am not participating in this, just to be clear. I'm just watching the event from the inside, so to speak... Anyways, without further ado, let's begin! 3... 2... 1... GO!"

The participants have 3 choices of how to cross the Peat Field:
1. Get across as fast as you can, and risk plunging into one of the bottomless spots.
2. Go more slowly, enabling you to feel for the bottomless spots, but there's a higher chance that the shallower mud will get deeper right underneath you.
3. Be very slow and careful in crossing. This also enables you to feel for the bottomless spots, but it's likely you will sink deeper.

Choices must be in by Sunday morning, or whenever all 6 contestants have made their choices.

Any and all complaints, comments, questions, or other things about the event area, can be sent to me as a private message, so as to not cause a publicly visible shitstorm. This goes for everyone, contestant or not.
Also, the inclusion of a manure pond in the details of the event area does not reflect liking poop or anything. However, the setting is the Midwest USA, so I figured it to be fitting.

IxelFate

Re: Bogged - Part 1- The Peat Field

Postby IxelFate » Fri May 06, 2016 1:20 am

Amy goes with choice B. Not minding a little sinking whilst trudging through the mud.

Jon Smith

Postby Jon Smith » Fri May 06, 2016 6:23 am

I go for choice 2.

PreussLee

Postby PreussLee » Fri May 06, 2016 11:32 am

Julia decides to take option No.3! Carefull is her second name ;)

AC1992

Postby AC1992 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:45 pm

April takes option 3

Aiko

Postby Aiko » Sat May 07, 2016 12:01 am

To Lisa the entire peat field looks pretty much the same. She would have hoped that the deeper more dangerous places could somehow be spotted but apparently probing ahead carefully is the best she can do (choice #3).
Visit me at the Great Swamp, but watch your step on the way there!

Kimalainen

Postby Kimalainen » Sat May 07, 2016 4:20 am

Kim chooses #2

Return to “Stories”