The Shadowmire

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Solrex

The Shadowmire

Postby Solrex » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:29 am

I wrote this a while back, thought I would share it here.

Deep within the Shadowmire, there were trees that bore no fruit nor leaves, and the hot springs of the mire did pour gas through the water to warm the waters. The springs, however, were not limited to the water, but also the soil, and no ground was stable.
Even during high noon, the branches were so plentiful, mostly due to all the nutrients going to the branches and no greenery, especially of the nutrients of the springs, pouring into the greenless trees. Due to the numerous amount of them, during the day, it was as bright as night, and during the night, it was as dark as a cave.
Due to the bubbles and springs that flooded the swamp, there was also a fog that constantly obscured the Shadowmire, a warm and caressing fog that also obscured travelers vision that they may get lost, and taken by the swamp.
With no stable ground, it was almost safer to travel by water than to risk sinking in the ground. The grass was the only shield against the boggy earth. Slip past that, and a sink into the warm spring bogs was assured, sinking not under the mire, but allured to trap ones self in the mire, and be stuck at the level of buoyancy, in sweet bliss until the mire sets, and traps the victim, arms and all, only the head above the surface.
And once the mire sets, there was no escape, and the victim would perish in starvation, being trapped and unable to escape. Even escaping the tight and bubbling mud, they would be lost in the shifting swamp, and not be able to find their way out, doomed to be trapped again and eventually starve, their final joy being the pleasing pleasure of the bubbling thick mud.

PM2K
Always Remembered

Re: The Shadowmire

Postby PM2K » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:09 pm

That is quite the place! :D Great, vivid descriptions really brought it to life. Nicely done. :D

Solrex

Postby Solrex » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:58 am

PM2K wrote:That is quite the place! :D Great, vivid descriptions really brought it to life. Nicely done. :D

Yeah, I think I was trying to describe that to someone to help them understand why I like quicksand for a hypnosis session... hard to remember what side I was on... glad I could join this community...

Solrex

Postby Solrex » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:31 am

Blightmere wrote:I love this! Like seriously, this almost has the feeling of an old click adventure games where there's a perilous area. I love it!

Thank you so much! I'll post more when I write it I guess...

Return to “Stories”