Me Tarzan: Where the Bodies are Buried

Put fingers to keyboard and make your fantasies come to life!
Sparky81

Me Tarzan: Where the Bodies are Buried

Postby Sparky81 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:11 pm

As always comments are welcome. For those who don't know, this is an on going series. Other chapters are posted in this thread.

“Herb…..I…I can explain.”

Herb put his hand up as he walked to the bar. The heels of his shoes clacked against the hard wood floor echoing off the walls.

“No, I’ll do the talking Judy,”

He poured a drink and sat down in the chair closest to the bar angled towards the big screen T.V. and the couch towards the center of the room. Loosening his tie as he drank, several ice cubes swished around hard inside his glass.

“I just came from Kayla Wagner’s house. She filled me on what happened at the quarry, all of it.”

His face was stone cold as his eyes glared at Judy.

“Ya know sport, the best thing you could have done was to let her stay in that mud.”

Shaking his head he took another gulp of his drink. Looking at Judy again,

“You want to know what happened to George do you. She killed him. No, not that bullshit story she confessed to. Think!”

He jammed his finger to his temple.

“Kayla started off as a pharmaceutical rep. She was very familiar with a variety of heart medicines. George was supposed to die of a massive coronary. Something went wrong; she didn’t use the right amount of potassium chloride and he was able to try to call for help. When he collapsed on the bed reaching for his phone, Kayla smothered him with a pillow.”

Herb got up to pour another drink

“How do you know all this?” Judy was shaking with anger and tears began running down her cheeks.

“Kayla black mailed me into helping her conceal the truth. I had no choice; she knows where the “bodies are buried”, for both of us.”

“YOU BASTARD!” Judy screamed.

“I had no choice; otherwise all of us would be in prison.”

Herb sat down again folding one leg over the other.

“The CEO, Philip K. Steiner, is stepping down as Chairmen of the Board for “The CEO, Philip K. Steiner, is stepping down as Chairmen of the Board for Textil Pharmaceuticals by the end of this month. Kayla has been nominated to replace him. She in turn has placed my name before the board to take her chair.”

He sipped his drink again.

“If the stakeholders get a whiff of anything questionable in our backgrounds…well you get the picture. Kayla isn’t the type of person to let anything stand in her way. That recording you have is making her nervous. You don’t want Kayla Wagner nervous, trust me. I want that recording…now.”

Judy and I both looked at each other.

“I can’t protect the both of you without it.”

“Protect us from what?” Judy asked

“This is a woman who has stopped at nothing, including murder, to get what she wants. You think she isn’t above hurting all of us considering what’s at stake?”

He’s right Judy; I’ll send you the recording and erase any copies I have.

“Sport, I always knew you were a smart boy. Oh, and you have a lunch date with Kayla at her house one pm sharp tomorrow. Don’t be late.”

Herb got up and gathered his jacket.

“As far as you two, I could give a shit what you do. But don’t ever let it blow back on me or the family in any way. I’m heading to the club for dinner, be home late.”
Herb walked out of the room.

“You can’t go alone tomorrow, I’m coming with you.”

“No, I should go alone. Besides it’s time I settle things with her.”
“Please be careful.” Judy hugged and kissed me.

“I will. I better go.”

Judy walked me to the door.

“Text me when you leave her house.”

I smiled as I walked out the back door.

I arrived at Kayla’s house right on time. Bernard, Kayla’s butler, showed me to the study just off the main entrance. As I sat on the couch, I wondered how the fuck I go here. The sliding wooden doors opened and Kayla waked in.

“Ethan!”

She threw her arms around me and kissed me hard for what seemed like several minutes.
“Thank you” she whispered.

I sat back down on the couch with her next to me.

“You talked to Herb?”

“Yes, and I want you to know I understand.”

“Good, I was worried there might be a problem.

“No problems at all.”

She stood up and sat on the couch across from me.

“I want to thank you for saving my life. The doctors tell me without your advanced CPR training I would have died. When I went under…I…”

She reached for a tissue.

“I remember looking at you as I went under. Judy was holding you back. I know you wanted to save me....it all seemed to happen in slow motion. Everything went black…”

Kayla composed herself and continued.

“Anyways, I have a surprise. I tried to think of the perfect way to thank you.
“Bernard, would you please send in Alyssa.” Kayla spoke into the intercom on the wall.

The sliding doors opened and a beautiful girl walked in.

“Hi Ethan I’m Alyssa, Very happy to meet you.”

“Hi Alyssa, I’m happy to meet you too.”

We both sat down facing Kayla.

“What’s going on?” I said to Kayla

“Why don’t I let Alyssa tell you.”

I looked at Alyssa

“Well Ethan I’m going to sink for you, if that’s ok?”

She stood and moved in front of me. Reaching behind her neck she unzipped her dress and let it fall to the floor. Alyssa was 5’8 in her 20’s with long straight black hair parted in the middle that fell to the center of her back. Alyssa was 5’8 in her 20’s with long straight black hair parted in the middle that fell to the center of her back. She had deep brown eyes.

“Do you like?”

Slowly turning, her bra and G string showed off an amazing body. Before I could answer the intercom crackled again.

“I’m sorry to disturb you madam. There is an urgent phone call for you.”

“Thank you Bernard. Will you excuse me.” Kayla left the room.

Alyssa pulled on her dress and walked to the bar.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked her.

“For the money.”

“Oh”

“Oh? Before you go judging, I’m not some junkie desperate for money or a prostitute. Listen, I have a Master’s degree in Computer Science. For the last three years I’ve been trying to find a job in my field. I had to take a job as a waitress just to live. My student loans are burying me. Mrs. Wagner made me a great offer. So if I have to sink in some mud for a sicko, it’s worth it.”

“Now who’s judging?”

“Really? What about any of this is normal?” Alyssa laughed

“Ok, I’m sorry. I really need the money. Please, please, let me do this for you.”

The doors opened and Kayla walked in.

“Ethan? What do you think?”

“I think……….she’s perfect.”

“Wonderful! Alyssa, here is the instructions.” Kayla handed her a thick envelope.

“Thank you Mrs. Wagner and thank you Ethan.” Alyssa winked at me as she left the room. “I’m not sure what to say.”

“You don’t have to say anything Ethan. It’s the least I can do after all you saved my life. Go to the quarry at noon on Saturday. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.”

I hugged and kissed Kayla and left. How could I say no? It’s important she believe things have settled. I text Judy things went great. She didn’t need know anything about Alyssa.

SATURDAY NOON, THE QUARRY

I parked the beater next to Alyssa’s car. It was newer car which surprised me for someone supposedly broke. It all came back to me as I began to walk toward the silt pond. Alyssa was walking along the edge right about where Kayla went in. She looked amazing in tight sleeveless top and small skirt. It made her long legs look even longer.

“Look at this stuff!” she giggled.

Tapping the surface of the grey mud with her outstretched foot, it wiggled and shimmered like Jell-O.

With her hands on her hips she seemed to be studying the surface.
“This is so cool!” Kneeling and tapping the surface with her hand watching it wiggle, another giggling fit broke out.
But instead of wading in, Alyssa walked away.

Where was she going? That was the spot Kayla sank, I’m sure of it As she walked a short distance in front of me I kept wondering if something was wrong. We walked along the side of the silt pond along a dirt pathway. Looking around Alyssa continued walking until the woods got thicker. Stepping slowly and carefully she entered the woods. Behind her I could see off in the distance what looked like a pond, part of a larger swampy area. As we walked closer to the pond I stopped and hung back a ways. Alyssa looked over the brown water dotted with areas of pond algae.

“Oh this is so exciting!”

I whirled around

“What are you doing here?!”

“Did you think I wouldn’t want to see you enjoy my thank you present?”Over Kayla’s shoulder was a tall man in a dark suit and sunglasses I’d never seen before.

“What’s going on.” I said coldly.

“Let’s just watch and enjoy.”

Alyssa had waded in up to her thighs. Tiny bubbles broke all around her legs.

“This mud is thick…..dam.”

“I won’t let her go under, I can’t.”

“Like you couldn’t let me?” Kayla wrapped her arm around mine and whispered in my ear.

“You won’t be saving her.”

“Ethan? Are you here? Ethan?........” Alyssa began calling my name.
“This mud……it has my ankles…I can’t move.”

Alyssa squirmed and twisted.

“Look Kayla, I’m stopping this right now.”

As I took a step I heard a click

“Stop”

The man I the dark suit was pointing a gun at me.

“Ethan, sweetheart, come here.

Kayla wrapper her arm in mine and drew me close.

“If you take another step toward that girl, Vincent will shoot.”

“So you’re gonna shoot me?” I smirked at her
“Of course not, Vincent will shoot Alyssa.”

“Help me! Ethan where are you?!”

As I looked toward Alyssa the brown water was lapping her breasts.“Help! I’m sinking fast! Ethaaannnn! Please!”

“Why are you doing this?!”

“Three years ago Alyssa was part of an internship program at Textil. During her internship, her manager began to sexually harass her. It got very serious, serious enough for Alyssa to complain to H.R. Lawyers were involved, allegations were made, and the manager was severely reprimanded. Alyssa received a payout after signing a non-disclosure agreement. The manager went out of his way to make sure she would never get a favorable recommendation from Textil, and had H.R. reach out to everyone Textil did business with to notify them.”

“A few weeks ago that same manger stopped by a diner for breakfast before an important meeting. He left his work laptop on the booth seat while he went to the bathroom, extremely careless of him. Someone got a hold of very sensitive files and began to blackmail the manager. These files held information about me, and many others.”

“EHTHAN!! HELP!! I CAN’T STAY UP! OH PLEASE GOD!….NO!”

“What’s this got to do with Alyssa?”

“Alyssa was the waitress and the person that stole the files, Herb was the manager.”

“You can’t do this……please Kayla.”

“It’s much more than you think. If those files became public, I go to prison. If I go to prison so do Herb, Judy, and a lot of other people. There are Billions of dollars at stake in lower stock values and 1000’s of jobs as well. I can’t let that happen. One girl isn’t going to bring down me and a multi-billion dollar organization.”

“Please…please….Ethan….hurry….”

All I could see was Alyssa’s head just above the water. Her hair floated around her as she whimpered, begging for help.

“Let me at least end it quickly. She won’t suffer as much if I hold her under.”

Kayla released my arm.
“That’s a good idea.”

I ran to where Alyssa was splashing and struggling.

“Ethan!!”

“Look at me! If you want to live keep quiet and listen.”

I knelt down in front of her blocking Kayla’s view.
“You have to fight me as if I were holding you under. Pretend I’m drowning you. I don’t have time to explain.”

“Please! Please!...hurry!”

I had no time to argue. I leaned forward and pushed on her shoulders.

“No!....hrrrmmmmm…”

As I held her under I pulled and mover her to spot where thick bushes hung over the edge being very careful to block Kayla’s view.

Coughing she tried to catch her breath.

“Please………help…..”

“Don’t move; don’t make a sound, hang on to the bushes.”

She clung to the bushes with one hand, her head tilted back so just her nose was above the surface. I could hear Kayla and her body guard coming up behind me.

“I never wanted to believe you could be that cruel.”

“You have no idea Ethan. Now, I have something on you, don’t I? Remember that next time you think about trying to cause problems for me.”

Out of the corner of my eye I was watching Alyssa. Her grip was slipping.

“Vincent will you please make arrangements for the young lady’s car”

“Yes Mrs. Wagner.”

Vincent walked away with his cell phone to his ear.

“I want you to get word to Herb his situation had been dealt with. No texts or phone calls do it directly. Do you understand?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll expect you for lunch on Thursday. We have things to discuss. Vincent will contact you with the details.”

Kayla turned and started out of the woods.

I waited until she was out of sight before turning to help Alyssa. Just as I knelt and reached for Alyssa her hand slipped.

“Shit!”
The algae closed over where she went under.

“Alyssa!”

I plunged my arm in the algae feeling for her. Bubbles broke the algae open to my left. Moving my arm in that direction I felt something and pulled. When I got her head above she started coughing up water. Dragging her out, she stared up at me choking up water.

“I’m sorry; it was the only way to save your life.”

“What……what happened….”

“I’ll explain it all….let me help you.”

Next Chapter: “Checkmate Kayla”

Rusty Shackleford

Re: Me Tarzan: Where the Bodies are Buried

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Thu May 03, 2018 4:35 am

First, thank you for the story. I'm happy to see that you're still writing here.

Interesting read, I've been looking forward to this continuation. It moves very quickly though and it is tough to see who is talking and what is going on. I had to reread a few sections to see what happened (like when Ethan is speaking at the house and when Kayla appears in the forest). That is meant as a little constructive criticism, I hope it helps. Happy to discuss further if you'd like. But still a nice story.

I'm engaged with this and would like to see where this is going. Poor Ethan just can't trust Judy now can he!

Sparky81

Postby Sparky81 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi Rusty,

Thank you for the observations. I am very interested in the parts in where the dialouge was confusing as to which characters were speaking. And yes, I could have paced the story slower to make it an easier read. Please feel free to go in depth on what you did and didn't like about the story.

Thanks.

Sparky81

Postby Sparky81 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:56 pm

The next chapter in Ethan's quicksand saga is coming soon! The previous chapters can be found in this thread. Comments and questions are always welcome...

Rusty Shackleford

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:14 pm

Looking forward to it!

Return to “Stories”